Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
President of the Presidency of Defense Industry Prof. Dr. Ismail Demir: "We have become a country with nearly 300 national S/UAVs in its inventory, from a country that had been waiting for days for a single surveillance UAV in the past," he said. No one can ignore Baykar's share in this success.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,222
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a shame how big companies look down on small companies, i remember how Kadir Dogan of Defenceturk mentioned about it. Look how Bayraktar, a garage level company turned in to 100 top defence companies. It is always like this, not important people with big idea.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,723
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a shame how big companies look down on small companies, i remember how Kadir Dogan of Defenceturk mentioned about it. Look how Bayraktar, a garage level company turned in to 100 top defence companies. It is always like this, not important people with big idea.

Never forget that there is lot of hard work, again and again.
There is and always will be envy and hate or traitor/betrayer which will also put hard work to make you fail.

This bitterness such people NEVER forget

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I urge everyone to watch this eye-opening interview. You'll be lost for words by the scandals he revealed.

never take what any of these guys say at face value.

There was a time when Seljuk said nearly everything in TB2 was domestically produced and it turned out nearly everything was imported and assembled. I got no issues with that because thats the way you become self sufficient its a gradual process, but it shows you something that you shouldn't believe what they say just because they say it. It has to proven first.

Usually the truth comes out when former allies start attacking each other as was the case with feto/ak party. The level of corruption and scandal that came to light when they were trying to bury each other was insane.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
never take what any of these guys say at face value.

There was a time when Seljuk said nearly everything in TB2 was domestically produced and it turned out nearly everything was imported and assembled. I got no issues with that because thats the way you become self sufficient its a gradual process, but it shows you something that you shouldn't believe what they say just because they say it. It has to proven first.

Usually the truth comes out when former allies start attacking each other as was the case with feto/ak party. The level of corruption and scandal that came to light when they were trying to bury each other was insane.
You should watch the interview first and know what I'm referring to. Especially what happened in Sinop.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Haluk Bayraktar tells about the birth of Bayraktar TB-2. (initial tender process)

We participated in the test flight with the TB-2 in Sinop. I was in the military. I went for the flight. We have completed the goals. The plane landed automatically. During the record, the observer soldier said, "I don't believe it landed automatically". He wanted to have me arrested. 3 months later, that soldier started working at Vestel.

Glad that man no longer works at Vestel.

Rooxbar

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,429
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Bayraktar brothers answer questions regarding Kızılelma, what the first flight of a first prototype means, its capabilities and how it compares to an F-16 or even F-35 in an unfortunately disingenuous and exaggeratory ways to appeal to laypeople. They have also created this perception against MMU in the minds of a portion of the populace that manned fighters are already obsolete and only Kızılelma will save our country because of AI superiority (pioneers of AI sector said in 70s, that by 90s AI will be smarter than people, here we are in 2023 and we don't still have an AI that can walk properly), despite the level of engineering and subsystems and technological achievement and the challenge that MMU represents being like 20x of that of Kızılelma. They should skip this populist game and stick to realities, realities are big enough achievements which should not be tainted by populist exaggerations.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Bayraktar brothers answer questions regarding Kızılelma, what the first flight of a first prototype means, its capabilities and how it compares to an F-16 or even F-35 in an unfortunately disingenuous and exaggeratory ways to appeal to laypeople. They have also created this perception against MMU in the minds of a portion of the populace that manned fighters are already obsolete and only Kızılelma will save our country because of AI superiority (pioneers of AI sector said in 70s, that by 90s AI will be smarter than people, here we are in 2023 and we don't still have an AI that can walk properly), despite the level of engineering and subsystems and technological achievement and the challenge that MMU represents being like 20x of that of Kızılelma. They should skip this populist game and stick to realities, realities are big enough achievements which should not be tainted by populist exaggerations.

MMU is being designed to eventually remove the pilot element, Temel Kotil even says so in his interviews.

Rooxbar

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,429
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
MMU is being designed to eventually remove the pilot element, Temel Kotil even says so in his interviews.
Yeah well, Elon Musk is going to be on Mars back in 2021. As someone who is very well-acquainted with the history of AI and its nature, I'm very skeptical of claims on General AI. But limited AI assistance already happens in 4.5, 5th gen fighters and ground control is something planned for all 6th projects. But the pilot, and human decision making with full contextual awareness inside the plane is crucial for the foreseeable future as wingman concepts will need a central command structure.

Rooxbar

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,429
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't wanna get too political but as it pertains to Bayraktar, I just want to add that what Babacan said about competition and government's equal treatment of defense companies is pure bs btw; it's just a very naive laissez faire way of looking at the world. Big technological companies are experience-based and after a certain amount of years pass and they become bigger than a critical point with a substantial amount of workers, they become indispensable as an strategic asset; you don't go and give the same treatment to it compared to a no-name company.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fighters use a fraction of the capabilities of general AI so it is perfectly doable to rely on it for fighters. Not only that but also the advantages of being expandable make UCAVs atractive. No pilot training, all planes are trained to fight equally well. This means a smaller power can do a bigger job. When AI is involved you never know what the reality of a fighter jets capabilities is. Simulations say AI wins.

zio

Reactions
4 436
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am support the baykar firm and aware what happened on the process of TB2,but there are something goes wrong,these firm and other instutions never said about price of TB2 in domestic ,they did not open public for their earnings years to come.And we ordinary people wonder why?.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am support the baykar firm and aware what happened on the process of TB2,but there are something goes wrong,these firm and other instutions never said about price of TB2 in domestic ,they did not open public for their earnings years to come.And we ordinary people wonder why?.
Why would anyone open their company secrets to anyone else other than the tax department.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom