Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree, from a neutral standpoint Turkey must do this. Even after Erdo I feel Turkey will still have a interventionist policy because this policy supersedes Erdo alone.

Do you think that intervention is made only by Turkey?

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where does Egypt interfere in militarily? Libya a little with material support is the only one I can think of, Yemen doesn't have Egyptian in it anymore. Egypt is 5th probably.

It's not about military or technical intervention. Egypt is now intervening by supporting a putschist general

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
It's not about military or technical intervention. Egypt is now intervening by supporting a putschist general
Well, that doesn't really make sense but ok.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I said Egypt was 5th in the region and that is true. It interferes 5th most after Iran, Turkey, UAE, KSA.

Last edited:

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Supporting the putschist general is not intervention for you? Every country gets involved in the intervention in some way...
I said Egypt was intervening in Libya, but not as much as Turkey is. Turkey is in Libya, Syria, Iraq, and somewhat in Azerbaijan as well. Please don't say anything about PKK because that doesn't neutralize my point. USA says WMD or terrorism, and invades Iraq, and Afghanistan but it doesn't mean anything to you or me because it is how they think of it not us. Egypt is only interfering in 1 country currently, so it is in conclusion intervening less than Turkey is.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I said Egypt was intervening in Libya, but not as much as Turkey is. Turkey is in Libya, Syria, Iraq, and somewhat in Azerbaijan as well. Please don't say anything about PKK because that doesn't neutralize my point. USA says WMD or terrorism, and invades Iraq but it doesn't mean anything to you or me becaue it is how they think of it not us. Egypt is only interfering in 1 country currently, so it is intervening less than Turkey is.
Yeah, Turkey is in Syria, because millions of refugees flocked to Turkey.
Turkey is in Libya, because Libya's legitimate and legal government wanted the help from Turkey. Turkey has agreed because his demand was profitable for Turkey's interests(there is nothing illegal)
Turkey is in Azerbaijan, because Part of Azerbaijan is under occupation (according to the UN). Turkey can help them if legal government wants this help(there is nothing illegal)
Turkey is in Northern Iraq, because You cannot cross and attack a country border over and over again. It is the duty of the Iraqi government to prevent this. Turkey would intervene if the Iraqi government can't prevented these attacks. This is an international right(there is nothing illegal)
Turkey is an imperial heritage. You can't expect it to act like other little countries.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Yeah, Turkey is in Syria, because millions of refugees flocked to Turkey.
Turkey is in Libya, because Libya's legitimate and legal government wanted the help from Turkey. Turkey has agreed because his demand was profitable for Turkey's interests(there is nothing illegal)
Turkey is in Azerbaijan, because Part of Azerbaijan is under occupation (according to the UN). Turkey can help them if legal government wants this help(there is nothing illegal)
Turkey is in Northern Iraq, because You cannot cross and attack a country border over and over again. It is the duty of the Iraqi government to prevent this. Turkey would intervene if the Iraqi government can't prevented these attacks. This is an international right(there is nothing illegal)
Turkey is an imperial heritage. You can't expect it to act like other little countries.
We can argue about this all day, in the end it is still intervention.

Interventionism definition
Political term for significant activity undertaken by a state to influence something not directly under its control. It is an act of military, economical intervention that is aimed for international order, or for the benefit of the country.

Y

Yoyo

I agree, from a neutral standpoint Turkey must do this. Even after Erdo I feel Turkey will still have a interventionist policy because this policy supersedes Erdo alone.
How come a lot of Arab leaders don't seem to have a problem with France, Russia or USA intervening but when it comes to Turkey they all get in line to denounce our actions?

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
How come a lot of Arab leaders don't seem to have a problem with France, Russia or USA intervening but when it comes to Turkey they all get in line to denounce our actions?
Because, all of these nations are not Muslim(Meaning losing influence to Turkey among Muslims which has already happened) and that the 3 nations you described are not going to become regional powers as they are not in the region geographically and are never going to be able to have as much power or influence as regional states directly located in the region. Turkey is in the region therefore it is the main goal to stop it.

Y

Yoyo

Because, all of these nations are not Muslim(Meaning losing influence to Turkey among Muslims which has already happened) and that the 3 nations you described are not going to become regional powers as they are not in the region geographically. Turkey is in the region therefore it is the main goal to stop.
Exactly. Because Turkey is in the region, it HAS TO look after its interests. If things get bad enough, it can spell alot of trouble for us. This is clearly more justifiable than coming from half way around the world to interfere. I hope the said Arab leaders would understand that and agree to work with their Muslim Brother Turks instead of partnering with those Christian/Jews who clearly want to keep our region in a perpetual state of war.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Exactly. Because Turkey is in the region, it HAS TO look after its interests. If things get bad enough, it can spell alot of trouble for us. This is clearly more justifiable that coming from half war around the world to interfere. I hope the said Arab leaders would understand that and agree to work with their Muslim Brother Turks instead of partnering with those Christian/Jews who clearly want to keep our region in a perpetual state of war.
Unrealistic goal, most likely relations with Turkey will stay pretty bad and I predict that this will never change.

I actually predict Iran will become more friendly with Arab states to counter Turkey's superior influence within the next 20 years and within 50 years a major war will break out causing a lot of death and destruction and probably back to the stone age for most countries.

You must not think about religions or ethnicity or whatever in politics, in the 21st century these are a lot less significant then they were 150 years ago. Nowadays it is based on shared interests, and what the other side has to offer regardless of who they are.

Last edited:
Y

Yoyo

Unrealistic goal, most likely relations with Turkey will stay pretty bad and I predict that this will never change.

I actually predict Iran will become more friendly with Arab states to counter Turkey's superior influence within the next 20 years and within 50 years a major war will break out causing a lot of death and destruction and probably back to the stone age for most countries.

You must not think about religions or ethnicity or whatever in politics, in the 21st century these are a lot less significant then they were 150 years ago. Nowadays it is based on shared interests, and what the other side has to offer regardless of who they are.
So long as Turkey continues to have a favorable image on the Arab streets, we've got nothing to worry about. We don't consider US-RAELI lackeys like "bin Salman" and "bin Zayed" exactly representative of their people. As for Sisi, I personally think we can (and will) work with him. Turks and Sunni Arabs will never have a large scale war with one another. At least not in this century.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
So long as Turkey continues to have a favorable image on the Arab streets, we've got nothing to worry about. We don't consider US-RAELI lackeys like "bin Salman" and "bin Zayed" exactly representative of their people. As for Sisi, I personally think we can (and will) work with him. Turks and Sunni Arabs will never have a large scale war with one another. At least not in this century.
They actually are very popular among their own people and are supported by a vast majority from my own experiences with them online, and in person although they are not very popular among other religious Arabs in other countries which have no influence or effect on them whatsoever. Turkey is not seen well in KSA, or UAE my friend you are not aware of the ground realities there it is not like other Arab states.

Y

Yoyo

They actually are very popular among their own people and are supported by a vast majority from my own experiences with them online, and in person although they are not very popular among other religious Arabs in other countries which have no influence or effect on them whatsoever. Turkey is not seen well in KSA, or UAE my friend you are not aware of the ground realities there it is not like other Arab states.
It's hard to imagine that everyone on the street in KSA likes Salman when even his own father, the KING, doesn't like the guy. There's a reason he rules with an iron fist and he imprisoned dozens of other KSA princes and he chops up dissident journalists like Khashoggi. He knows he's walking a thin line and he's trying to minimize the chances of a coup. I don't blame him. He's probably right to be so paranoid.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
It's hard to imagine that everyone on the street in KSA likes Salman when even his own father, the KING, doesn't like the guy. There's a reason he rules with an iron fist and he imprisoned dozens of other KSA princes and he chops up dissident journalists like Khashoggi. He knows he's walking a thin line and he's trying to minimize the chances of a coup. I don't blame him. He's probably right to be so paranoid.
You would be surprised, youth really love him especially western educated and he is reforming the country in their opinions. Unlike in other countries youth in KSA is a lot less religious than their fathers, and grandfathers.

KSA is very tribal, all of these peoples tribes are very loyal to him and Al Saud tribe and therefore they are as well. Only possible coup is within his own family, that is unlikely as he minimized the risk by taking their wealth, and improsining them in hotels.

Y

Yoyo

You would be surprised, youth really love him especially western educated and he is reforming the country in their opinions. Unlike in other countries youth in KSA is a lot less religious than their fathers, and grandfathers.

KSA is very tribal, allof these peoples tribes are very loyal to him and Al Saud tribe and therefore they are as well. Only possible coup is within his own family, that is unlikely as he minimized the risk by taking their wealth, and improsining them in hotels.
I have a feeling he'll eventually regret being so dependent on Western/Israeli support to stay in power. I guess time will tell.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom