Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,864
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The AW101 has nothing to do with the French. The AW101 is a British-Italian co-production helicopter. RR or GE engines are used.
"The RTM322 powers 60% of the worldwide fleet of Leonardo EH101/AW101 Merlin helicopters and 75% of NHIndustries NH90s. In 2013, Safran Helicopter Engines acquired the entire RTM322 program. The engine is now 100% Safran, with the French manufacturer responsible for both production and product support. "

-Safran

guess again

The only way for us to aquire the AW101 is to choose another engine, preferably the T700. Which would need US approval.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB will be launching a tender for the Turkish Navy for the procurement of
8 T-129 Atak
8 T-929 heavy attack chopper.
Gökbey light utility helicopter
Heavy utility helicopter.

Tender? Is there any other producer that produces T_129 and T_929 and Gokbey? They probably want to say negotiation will start

Manowar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"The RTM322 powers 60% of the worldwide fleet of Leonardo EH101/AW101 Merlin helicopters and 75% of NHIndustries NH90s. In 2013, Safran Helicopter Engines acquired the entire RTM322 program. The engine is now 100% Safran, with the French manufacturer responsible for both production and product support. "

-Safran

guess again

The only way for us to aquire the AW101 is to choose another engine, preferably the T700. Which would need US approval.
The AW101 no longer uses the RTM322 engine. The only engine option for now is the GE CT7-8E. Safran has nothing to do with AW101. I am giving below the manufacturer's brochure containing the technical information of the AW101. You can review.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes bro, I saw the 30mm Cannon. But I don't think it's this one, I did some digging and found out TAI and Sarsilmaz established a joint venture company called TRMekatronik. They are currently in the ground testing phase of the 30mm cannon project, I don't know what cartridge it will use.

TRMekatronik 20x102 mm three-barrel rotary cannon
View attachment 28972
View attachment 28971
TAI and Sarsilmaz!
A match made in heaven! :love::love:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tender? Is there any other producer that produces T_129 and T_929 and Gokbey? They probably want to say negotiation will start
Yeah, my bad. Contract negotiations will start for the first three. The tender will be for heavy utility helicopters.

T

Turko

FB_IMG_1629495152630.jpg

FB_IMG_1629495166043.jpg

FB_IMG_1629495190316.jpg

FB_IMG_1629495159407.jpg

Manowar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Skorsky and Leonardo will probably bid for th heavy utility helicopter tender for TN.
I don't think a helicopter manufactured by Sikorsky will be able to participate in the tender unless the current political situation in our relationship with the USA changes for the better. Due to our relatively better relations with the UK and Italy, the AW101 solution seems to be the only option for a heavy class marine utility helicopter.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,742
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think a helicopter manufactured by Sikorsky will be able to participate in the tender unless the current political situation in our relationship with the USA changes for the better. Due to our relatively better relations with the UK and Italy, the AW101 solution seems to be the only option for a heavy class marine utility helicopter.
I don’t see any problems if Sikorsky decides to go along the same route as the T700 Blackhawk production being carried out at the moment.
Tusas has ample experience and know how about helicopter building. TEI can manufacture the engines like they are doing for the T700. It would be a win-win situation for both parties. On top of it we would be free of export restrictions.
Any thoughts?

Manowar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don’t see any problems if Sikorsky decides to go along the same route as the T700 Blackhawk production being carried out at the moment.
Tusas has ample experience and know how about helicopter building. TEI can manufacture the engines like they are doing for the T700. It would be a win-win situation for both parties. On top of it we would be free of export restrictions.
Any thoughts?
There does not appear to be any problem with the ongoing projects, but they do not approve new projects due to CATSAA. As a matter of fact, they didn't allow for RAM and VLS. I don't think they will give approval for Sikorsky either. We'll see.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,742
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There does not appear to be any problem with the ongoing projects, but they do not approve new projects due to CATSAA. As a matter of fact, they didn't allow for RAM and VLS. I don't think they will give approval for Sikorsky either. We'll see.
CAATSA is not operative on Turkish defence ministry’s purchases. Only applicable to SSB of Turkey.
RAM and VLS were outright purchases. It had to go through senate etc.
Under license production under the umbrella of “T700 navalised version” or whatever you want to call it can be done. It is all up to Sikorsky. They have production units in India, Switzerland , Poland etc. They could have these birds manufactured away from US soil and still make money.
If there is a will, there is a way!

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
We definitely need some V-22 Ospreys :p
200720-n-gr168-1206s.ashx

In a straight up comparison it is unclear which if the two aircraft is superior, as while the Osprey can fly further, faster and higher, it flies at almost double the cost of the Chinook as well as having half the troop carrying capability.

An Osprey costs $11,000 (£8500) per hour to fly, compared to just $4,600 (£3500) for a Chinook yet it is worth noting for all the extra money the Osprey does have extra capabilities.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom