DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,118
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
HOGE is Hover Out of Ground Effect.
Atak II's figure is not that low, notice that the other two figures are for 15 Celcius while Atak's figure is for 35 Celcius.
The different test durations is possible because they were not tested in other conditions.

Thank you for the explanation. I guess that ATAK II would outperform the others as 15C, no?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,707
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lool higher is better but you have to recalculate T-929 for 15 degrees Celcius to compare it to other choppers given in the chart.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
For Turkey warm environment testing is likely more important

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,707
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For Turkey warm environment testing is likely more important
Exactly. If we accept 15 degrees Celcius at sea level as zero, 35 degrees celsius becomes like 2500 feet at the same conditions but that doesn't mean T-929 HOGE is 8500ft at 15 celsius degrees there are other factors. I calculated it ~9500 ft from this link.

densityaltitude.jpg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,789
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just out of curiosity but weren't we going to test TS1400 on current Atak design, and get some knowledge on performance and such ?

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Combat-Master did you see the 30mm chaingun mock-up I took a pic of? İt will be used on our T929 and I talked with the guy who was responsible for the ammunition feed system of the gun, it's in 30x113 mm and they are also working on a 30x173 mm version, I asked for the new 929? Well if they have a requirement for such a heavy hitter they could deliver

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,707
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just out of curiosity but weren't we going to test TS1400 on current Atak design, and get some knowledge on performance and such ?
We will but a militarized engine is needed. A better oiling system that should work as intended under sharp maneuvers and a new gearbox might be needed for that.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This question was asked to Prof Aksit. His response was that TEI was asked to produce an engine that is suitable for Gokbey. As Gokbey won’t be doing excessively sharp turns and manoeuvring, ts1400 that is delivered now, will suffice. If a TS1400 for Atak-129 is requested they have to produce it separately. It has to have special oil pumps to keep the engine lubricated during sharp manoeuvring.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Combat-Master did you see the 30mm chaingun mock-up I took a pic of? İt will be used on our T929 and I talked with the guy who was responsible for the ammunition feed system of the gun, it's in 30x113 mm and they are also working on a 30x173 mm version, I asked for the new 929? Well if they have a requirement for such a heavy hitter they could deliver

Yes bro, I saw the 30mm Cannon. But I don't think it's this one, I did some digging and found out TAI and Sarsilmaz established a joint venture company called TRMekatronik. They are currently in the ground testing phase of the 30mm cannon project, I don't know what cartridge it will use.

TRMekatronik 20x102 mm three-barrel rotary cannon
1629212434291.jpg

1629212432502.jpg

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
İt will be used in a competition, who wins gets the order and I also had a nice and long chat with an engineer in front of the tfx mock-up, I asked him about the 30 mm canon for the T929, it will be in 30x113 for sure

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,707
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB will be launching a tender for the Turkish Navy for the procurement of
8 T-129 Atak
8 T-929 heavy attack chopper.
Gökbey light utility helicopter
Heavy utility helicopter.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SSB will be launching a tender for the Turkish Navy for the procurement of
8 T-129 Atak
8 T-929 heavy attack chopper.
Gökbey light utility helicopter
Heavy utility helicopter.
What is the source? Also İbrahim Sünnetçi said something about AW101 tender. I hope we procure some ASW helicopters.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,707
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
AW 101 is indeed one of the candidates for the heavy utility helicopter. Leonardo might get the heavy utility helicopter contract. I hope we produce ASW helicopters as we did with the Atak project based on AW101.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,873
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
AW101 will never go through, uses Safran Engines. The greeks will go crying to daddy France once they hear of the contract.

Once the second LHD is constructed both will probably get 4 T129 + 4 T929. This way to early order of 8 T929 would make sense if they are planning for the future, this way TAI can already work on an Navy version instead of wasting time and waiting.

We still need ASW Helis for Anadolu. People shouldn't get their hopes up for AW101. It will never happen.

Manowar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
AW101 will never go through, uses Safran Engines. The greeks will go crying to daddy France once they hear of the contract.

Once the second LHD is constructed both will probably get 4 T129 + 4 T929. This way to early order of 8 T929 would make sense if they are planning for the future, this way TAI can already work on an Navy version instead of wasting time and waiting.

We still need ASW Helis for Anadolu. People shouldn't get their hopes up for AW101. It will never happen.
The AW101 has nothing to do with the French. The AW101 is a British-Italian co-production helicopter. RR or GE engines are used.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom