Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,061
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I asked for clarification on Lacin as I understood from the text it's Azerbaycan's land.

Seems like a good video.

Pros/cons according to video:

1605081235080.png

Pro
1. corridor to Nakcivan
2. kelbecer, Lacin, Agdam, won on the table (was ours to begin with anyway)
3. we didn't lose any more troops
4. Psycological advantage
5. All of karabag still considered Azerbaycan lands.

Con
1. corridor to Armenia
2. 4 cities under Armenia control (UN refugee status etc. unclear atm, but 1 mio Azeri could change the cities rulers IMO).
3. Lost chance of destroying Armenia once and for all
4. Lost chance of freeing all occupied territory
5. Allowing autonomy to Armenians

Last edited:

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Russians deployed in Lachin corridor:

IMG_20201111_102724_662.jpg

The big test of the agreement will be on 15 November, when Armenians are supposed to retreat from the entire Kalbajar dictrict. This would cut the last road for Armenians so will be a strong objection.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,061
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russians deployed in Lachin corridor:

View attachment 6145

The big test of the agreement will be on 15 November, when Armenians are supposed to retreat from the entire Kalbajar dictrict. This would cut the last road for Armenians so will be a strong objection.
I was thinking Azerbaycan needs to build proper border gate with high tech gear to have an eye on what passes through.

I don't think it would violate the agreement.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

Russia will set up 16 observation posts along the contact line in Karabakh, General Staff reported

Russian Ministry of Defense published map of deployment of observation points at Karabakh

22113451_0.jpg

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,216
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I don't get why the signed document does not prohibit the movement of Armenian military assets and personnel along the Lachin corridor. Can somebody please tell me I am wrong?

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
ANNA reports a group of Azeri soldiers (~150 soldiers) attempted to break through Stepanakert but suffered heavy casualties two days ago. They were noticed by Armenian soldiers,the group was attacked with small arms and then struck by Smerch MLRS. There's no much left of the group.

Eme8GCqXcAELXT_.jpg

EmfeRoKXMAUYuWy.jpg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,061
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't get why the signed document does not prohibit the movement of Armenian military assets and personnel along the Lachin corridor. Can somebody please tell me I am wrong?
It is Azerbaycan's land even the corridor. Which is why border gate is necessary for surveillance, and even the cities that Armenians are going to hold will be on Azerbaycan soil. So armed forces would be a violation of the signed treaty.

Azeri441

Committed member
Reactions
2 1,150
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Neither corridor (Lachin and Nakhchivan) can be used for military transits, and there won't be any Armenian military in Karabakh once transition is complete, Russian peacekeepers are there to ensure the safety of ethnic Armenians for 5 years, after which they will leave.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Neither corridor (Lachin and Nakhchivan) can be used for military transits, and there won't be any Armenian military in Karabakh once transition is complete, Russian peacekeepers are there to ensure the safety of ethnic Armenians for 5 years, after which they will leave.
After 5 years there will be an automatic renewal for another 5 years unless AZ/AR/RUS withdraw from the agreement. If AZ do withdraw it would been the passage between Nakhchivan is no longer considered "legal".

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
First official map of the enclave. The main difference is that they keep Agdam region:

kar43.JPG

Unclear if its temporary or not.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Slightly better mapped out. You can see the extent of control Russia has over NK territory (around 1/3).

Attachments

• russia NK bases.png
    russia NK bases.png
    525.7 KB · Views: 103
  • russia NK bases 2.png
    russia NK bases 2.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 97

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom