Azerbaijan Armenia Tensions

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Aliyev: After more than 30 years, Azerbaijan will be able to reach Nakhchivan through the territory of Armenia. Armenia will be able to establish a railway connection with Russia through Azerbaijani territory. Azerbaijan, it will provide access to Turkey through Nakhichevan.

Aliyev: Armenia will provide rail access with Russia and Iran via Azerbaijani territory.

Russian and Turkish railways will merge.

Transport routes between all parties in the region (Russia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran and Armenia) will be established peacefully.

Huge news if true.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Azerbaijan published a list of 2,841 servicemen it said were killed during the war. 64 other servicemen were also considered as missing.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,088
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is already a transcaucasian rail link and as far as I know it's not open because it goes to Russian occupied Abkhazia. So I doubt that Georgia will do anything that will benefit Russia. Rightfully so btw.

However this rail link it has so much potential. It can and will lead to many positive things. It will boost the economies of all 3 currently involved countries. It will make Armenia open up a little bit. I really like the idea.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

ACTIVITIES ON THE ENGINEERING SUPPORT FOR UNITS STATIONED IN LIBERATED TERRITORIES ARE CARRIED OUT​

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope,not in the forseable future.
They should have pushed.

Eventhough they pushed the Russians were going to intervene the intervention could have led to defeat. The Azerbaijanis would have lost a lot if the Russians gone in.

Dont forget the Ogaden war the Somalis mostly took back the majority Somali region until the Soviets intervened which led to a awful defeat. Somalia since still has not recovered from it.

I know the countries are both different also different times but the Russians were inching for a war. Azerbaijanis already gained so much it would be demoralising if they lost it all.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eventhough they pushed the Russians were going to intervene the intervention could have led to defeat. The Azerbaijanis would have lost a lot if the Russians gone in.

Dont forget the Ogaden war the Somalis mostly took back the majority Somali region until the Soviets intervened which led to a awful defeat. Somalia since still has not recovered from it.

I know the countries are both different also different times but the Russians were inching for a war. Azerbaijanis already gained so much it would be demoralising if they lost it all.
No,the Russians wouldnt and couldnt have intervened,the ''downing'' of that Russian helicopter was the reason for all this.
Like i said earlier,the deal was made beforehand.
Azerbaijan wanted the seven districts back and a road/rail connection to Nahcivan,Russia needed controll of Armenia back and we needed a connection to the Turkic world(Asia).
All three sides ''happy''.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,022
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Turkey needs another 20 years to be at point where she can directly challenge russia, until then Azerbaijan must take every opportunity to remind the russians that their presence is only temporary.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1610737962200.png

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

In this video an azeri soldier said he shot down an Armenian su-25 with an Igla manpads
@AzeriTank can you please translate because I can't find the part where it's said
you are right, the guy shoot down Armenian Su-25 with Igla-s...
As i mentioned here, Hadrut was the most important city for Armenians.. their defence minister and most of the generals and army officers were from there... the only place that Armenians tried to take it back 3 times but lost sooo many soldiers that right after they stop Azerbaijan went 100km deep just within days all the way to Armenian border. they lost all their behind forces there and went back to protect SHusha only after that which also was a graveyard for them.
also, soldier said that they had an order not to kill any civilian so they made a safe corridor for civilians to leave without any fear. even one Azerbaijani SOF said before that when he entered in a house in Hadrud, he saw an Armenian girl, in her hand full of money and all her gold begging not to kill her. he said i let her go, but while she was leaving, every 1 min she was looking back thinking he will shoot her from behind. the problem was, Armenians lied to Armenians and local people didnt even know that our soldiers nearby. also so many families left their young kids behind like several month old. they were returned to Armenia later. our side even thought first its Armenian trap as they used it before. but they could believe their eyes when they saw that young kids were left behind.. it also show that they knew that our side would not kill them..

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom