Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Extremely disturbing. Puts Azerbaijan and Turkey in a very bad light. Employing such ragtag rebels as foreign fighters. Might be a norm for a failed state like Libya, but Azerbaijan? Worse, they aren‘t even putting much on the table. They have proven to be not just extremely criminal, but also ineffective. Just bad over all.
Why? Even Afghan Mujahideen and chechens led by shamil bsayev fought with Azerbaijan in 1992

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Azeri MoD is advicing Armenians in Karabagh to surrender. They must have advanced fast and a lot, since they ask for their surrender.

liblob

Reactions
These are Turkmen. Extremely loyal to Turkey and experienced fighters. They are easier to control than the Arab parts of the TFSA

I have to disagree. The Syrian Turkmens I met in Turkey barely spoke their language and were extremely Arabified. Might have only been my selective experience. Nontheless the Turkmen led rebel groups in Syria were still involved in regular infighting and a lot of criminal activities and haven‘t distinguished themselves much from the other groups. This might make me sound like a armchair general, but I‘d hardly call them experienced fighter, if they cannot apply the very basics, like taking cover or trigger discipline. As seen over and over again by videos published by said Turkmen led groups. There is simply absolutely nothing they bring to the field but additional headache.

I agree. However Armenia is using YPG/PKK, so I guess it's in response to that.

It seems this news only popped up by Turkish media, the moment it became public that Syrian rebels have been seen in Azerbaijan. If true, it would at least show the YPG/PKK is better disciplined in keeping OPSEC than those rebels. I also don‘t see it as a good justification. Doing the same mistake.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Azerbaijan has our full support in front of Armenian bullying which is encouraged by Russian support.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Azerbaijan has our full support in front of Armenian bullying which is encouraged by Russian support.

To be fair. I do not think Armenia started the shooting this morning.

The militaristic and diplomatic response from Azerbaijan and Turkey was way too quick and organized. This didn't happen on Armenia's terms.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,083
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I have to disagree. The Syrian Turkmens I met in Turkey barely spoke their language and were extremely Arabified. Might have only been my selective experience. Nontheless the Turkmen led rebel groups in Syria were still involved in regular infighting and a lot of criminal activities and haven‘t distinguished themselves much from the other groups. This might make me sound like a armchair general, but I‘d hardly call them experienced fighter, if they cannot apply the very basics, like taking cover or trigger discipline. As seen over and over again by videos published by said Turkmen led groups. There is simply absolutely nothing they bring to the field but additional headache.

It seems this news only popped up by Turkish media, the moment it became public that Syrian rebels have been seen in Azerbaijan. If true, it would at least show the YPG/PKK is better disciplined in keeping OPSEC than those rebels. I also don‘t see it as a good justification. Doing the same mistake.

Most militaries aren't used to putting their soldiers into slugfests. This includes the US Military. Most of the time, soldiers will operate heavy weapon systems, guard potions, designate targets, etc. But they won't partake in intense infantry combat unless they have a huge advantage (such as having air cover when the enemy does not).

One of the things that make the Turkish military unique is that soldiers are prepared to die and will not back away from suicidal gunfights. There is absolutely no hesitation due to the experience of the leading troops. Azeri and Armenian soldiers and their commanders are expecting occasional strikes against one another, but neither side is willing to fight all out. This is why Armenia brought YPG/PKK... They expect them to fight without hesitation and employ their guerrilla tactics. In response to this, SNA was recruited into the fight.

I agree, it doesn't look good. But it helps on the ground.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom