Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
The first president of Armenia, Ter-Petrosyan understood, that in long term Armenia has no chance and there is need to make peace. But he was displaced in 1998 by Karabakh clan which ruled Armenia for 20 years and led to this disaster.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
After 31 years, azerbaijan enters the city of khojaly.

20230923_120029.jpg

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
180 dead!? That's similar to Russian casualties in Russia - Ukraine war if not worse. Were they doing human wave tactics again or something ?
It is normal to be losses since armenian resistance is stubborn in mountains (it might explain the use of airpower per videos posted by azerbaijan), but the same day there was a total collapse in Urban Areas where there a no mountains, so even if azerbaijan took Khankendi (capital of karabakh) it would still face insurgency un mountainous Areas of karabakh

Azeri441

Committed member
Reactions
2 1,064
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
180 dead!? That's similar to Russian casualties in Russia - Ukraine war if not worse. Were they doing human wave tactics again or something ?
How the hell are you calculating this since even assuming it's true (I've heard 100 tops, @TheInsider said 70 earlier) that's nowhere near how badly Russia is doing in Ukraine right now.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Always try to avoid casualties.

At the end of the day this is war and you will lose your own troops.

Be happy Azerbaijan did not lose thousands in one go.

Then again Turks in general dont really care about how much casualties because the instinct mind has always been to sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

That is for God , nation, state and their family.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 699
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
What Ukrainian military equipment Russia destroyed in a week probably amounts to what amount of equipment Azerbaijan destroyed of Armenia for their entire conflict

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 699
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
How the hell are you calculating this since even assuming it's true (I've heard 100 tops, @TheInsider said 70 earlier) that's nowhere near how badly Russia is doing in Ukraine right now.
so you are the one that got offended removing my post when i compared the losses of russia gave to ukraine to what azerbaijan gave to armenia? Funny that you removed it saying I have no proof(which i just posted on the other thread) while you have no proof backing this statement of yours either

Lets not be bias here please when removing posts, at least most of my back and forth comments with Gary he does not remove my posts. I would never remove posts if I had moderation privileges here because it would look like i can't hold an argument with an opposing user's views unless that user is using insults and posting off topic posts.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
so you are the one that got offended removing my post when i compared the losses of russia gave to ukraine to what azerbaijan gave to armenia? Funny that you removed it saying I have no proof(which i just posted on the other thread) while you have no proof backing this statement of yours either

Lets not be bias here please when removing posts, at least most of my back and forth comments with Gary he does not remove my posts. I would never remove posts if I had moderation privileges here because it would look like i can't hold an argument with an opposing user's views unless that user is using insults and posting off topic posts.
I haven't even paid attention to any of your posts in over a year, let alone bother removing any of them. I have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
A couple of interesting developments.

1. Turkiye's foreign minister "Inappropriate advice from the West will bring more chaos and tears to Armenia".

2. Azerbaijan's foreign minister "Armenia must provide the Zangezur Corridor".

3. Erdogan will meet with Aliyev in Nakchivan tomorrow to discuss the Zangezur Corridor

4. Armenian soldiers and civilians have started to leave Karabakh. According to armenian source all ethnic armenians will leave Karabakh. Tbh this is the best outcome for Azerbaijan.

It really seems like this conflict will soon enter the next phase, which will be a direct confrontation between armenia and Azerbaijan on the Zangezur corridor.

@Mods, Will you update the thread title as the conflict going forward is between armenia and Azerbaijan as the Karabakh issue has been settled.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
If we're still attempting to pursue the Zangezur corridor then we won't want Armenians to leave. The Zangezur corridor depends on the existence of the Lachin corridor for Armenians which in turn depends on there being Armenians in Karabakh. If they leave, we will have zero justification for asking a Zangezur corridor and Armenians will be legally in the right to say no.

This is probably why there are all these initiatives being rolled out like making it so that residents of Karabakh are exempt from all forms of tax for the next 10 years to try and convince the Karabakh Armenians to stay. I suspect it probably won't work and most of them will leave anyway which means that we can forget about getting the Zangezur corridor and just have to hope that relations with Armenia are improved enough that we can achieve safe and hassle-free transport agreements through Syunik in the future.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, I mean this guy formerly commanded the North sea submarine fleet for Russia, he's a submariner, he must have upset Putin somehow to be sent there

I think what's likely is that Putin wanted Aliyev to take this guy out.

He's a submarine commander, why send him to landlocked nagorno-karabakh?
Russian has a very long history of using normal naval sailors as infantry.

Since crimean war everytime they use naval sailors as infantry but not the marine troops.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,022
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
If we're still attempting to pursue the Zangezur corridor then we won't want Armenians to leave. The Zangezur corridor depends on the existence of the Lachin corridor for Armenians which in turn depends on there being Armenians in Karabakh. If they leave, we will have zero justification for asking a Zangezur corridor and Armenians will be legally in the right to say no.

This is probably why there are all these initiatives being rolled out like making it so that residents of Karabakh are exempt from all forms of tax for the next 10 years to try and convince the Karabakh Armenians to stay. I suspect it probably won't work and most of them will leave anyway which means that we can forget about getting the Zangezur corridor and just have to hope that relations with Armenia are improved enough that we can achieve safe and hassle-free transport agreements through Syunik in the future.

So was the corridor never actually agreed to in writing? Basically he said she said sort of thing and we wait to see how things pan out? If it was agreed to, it shouldn't matter whether Armenians choose to stay or leave, that's on them. But if it were never agreed to in any substantial way, then yeah maybe a problem.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom