Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Replaced by the TFX in 2030?
It would be absolutely brilliant! But I think before 2035 tai wouldn't even talk about any export as their whole production line will be focus on TURAF's requirement.
Too early to say that. They might still serve beyond 2030 like the F-7MBs. TFX has the best possibility but doesn't need to be a replacement. It can be inducted in new squadron.

Recently, had a chance to talk to an air force flight lieutenant.

What I understood from the conversation with him is that,
these 16 western origin MRCA to replace first batch 16 f7 that were brought in 2006. As @Micheal Corleone pointed out.

Similar tender for 16/24 likely to be issued in early 2030s to replace second batch 16 f7 which was brought in 2013 and 8 mig 29 which was brought in year2000.

So, @TR_123456 If TUSAS can double it's production line and can offer TFX to BD AIR FORCE before 2035s ( at if they can sign a contract before 2035 ) then it can be possible as other candidates like typhoon tranche 4 or rafale f4 has price tag of 200/250m for the whole Package.
And believe TFX can be brought with similar cost.
So you do think TUSAS can double its production ?
At least, sign a contract before 2035 ?
Because I think there would lot of demand for TFX.

At least you can take pakistan and KSA for granted as potential buyers!

And @Isa Khan
'Induction of any new squadron before 2040 is very unlikely' lieutenant said
And it does make sense the whole 32 f7 and 8 mig were brought at cost of 320 million dollars.

and now there suitable 4.5 gen replacement will cost at least 6 billion and possibly more.

Last edited:

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
KSA maybe,Pakistan possible.
Azerbaijan,Kazakhistan for sure.
Yes, I forgot to mention azerbaijan and kazakhastan. Actually they are the front runners.
That depends on Bangladesh.
From our side i think this is very possible as our eastern friend are interested in buy 12 su57!

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
At least double,no doubt.

That depends on Bangladesh.

Never more,probably lesser costs.

KSA maybe,Pakistan possible.
Azerbaijan,Kazakhistan for sure.

Qatar, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan. Perhaps countries like Kuwait would be interested too, not every Arab country has damaged relations with turkey. Perhaps some countries like Nigeria would be open to it but depends on the price tag.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Qatar, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan. Perhaps countries like Kuwait would be interested too, not every Arab country has damaged relations with turkey. Perhaps some countries like Nigeria would be open to it but depends on the price tag.
You are right,Qatar also 100%.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,353
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Between the EFT,Rafale,F-18 and F-16 I would recommend the '16. But narrow the choice to twin engined fighter, the F-18 would be a more realistic choice for BAF for now. That is if the BAF prioritise cost.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

these 16 western origin MRCA to replace first batch 16 f7 that were brought in 2006. As @Micheal Corleone pointed out.

Similar tender for 16/24 likely to be issued in early 2030s to replace second batch 16 f7 which was brought in 2013 and 8 mig 29 which was brought in year2000.

So, @TR_123456 If TUSAS can double it's production line and can offer TFX to BD AIR FORCE before 2035s ( at if they can sign a contract before 2035 ) then it can be possible as other candidates like typhoon tranche 4 or rafale f4 has price tag of 200/250m for the whole Package.
And @Isa Khan

This sounds so confusing on whole other level. @Micheal Corleone was talking about the MB version, 14 of which was procured in 1989 not in 2006. The BG could be replaced after 2035 but might stay longer like the MB version after being transferred to 25 squadron. BGI "might" see replacement in 2043.

'Induction of any new squadron before 2040 is very unlikely'? But BAF will replace first batch of F-7s and issue tender for BGs in 2030? You don't make any sense.

Between the EFT,Rafale,F-18 and F-16 I would recommend the '16. But narrow the choice to twin engined fighter, the F-18 would be a more realistic choice for BAF for now. That is if the BAF prioritise cost.

Boeing is pitching F-18 for India so doubt it will be selected for BAF.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,353
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They won't do it and it'll not happen. We just upgraded four Migs, proceeding to upgraded another four. Those Dutch F-16s are block 15/20, older than our Migs.
It could be refurbished, and F-16 is waayyy better than a MiG-29, especially the ones Bangladesh are using. The RoCAF birds are actually block 20 refurbished with APG-83 and other viper standard stuff minus its engine.
If this is the case than you'll be left with the J-10 and Euro2000

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This sounds so confusing on whole other level. @Micheal Corleone was talking about the MB version, 14 of which was procured in 1989 not in 2006. The BG could be replaced after 2035 but might stay longer like the MB version after being transferred to 25 squadron. BGI "might" see replacement in 2043.

'Induction of any new squadron before 2040 is very unlikely'? But BAF will replace first batch of F-7s and issue tender for BGs in 2030? You don't make any sense.

Sorry for the confusion!

what I meant by 'the induction of new squadron before 2040 very unlikely' is the increas of the overall fighter numbers IN ADDITION to the replacement of existing ones.

in a nutshell, until 2040 air force only going to replace the old f7s and mig29s ( by typhoon or other ) So in that sense, induction of 'new squadron' will definitely happen.
But, it won't increas the overall fighter numbers by adding any EXTRA SQUADRON.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It could be refurbished, and F-16 is waayyy better than a MiG-29, especially the ones Bangladesh are using. The RoCAF birds are actually block 20 refurbished with APG-83 and other viper standard stuff minus its engine.

If this is the case than you'll be left with the J-10 and Euro2000
Nope, the new f 16 block 70 still in the race from USA.

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It would be absolutely brilliant! But I think before 2035 tai wouldn't even talk about any export as their whole production line will be focus on TURAF's requirement.

And believe TFX can be brought with similar cost.
So you do think TUSAS can double its production ?
At least, sign a contract before 2035 ?
Because I think there would lot of demand for TFX.

At least you can take pakistan and KSA for granted as potential buyers!

And @Isa Khan
And it does make sense the whole 32 f7 and 8 mig were brought at cost of 320 million dollars.

and now there suitable 4.5 gen replacement will cost at least 6 billion and possibly more.
I think you’re mistaken. MBs were the first batch that was purchased in the 80s as @Isa Khan pointed out correctly
They’re phased out already.
but given world economy isn’t going to recover until 2024-2025 and there’s already outstanding orders for typhoons until 2026, I don’t see Bangladesh procuring any new made fighter aircraft in this decade. Maybe 2030? But Bangladesh is going to lose out in experienced talent pool and a whole generation of fighter jet technology experience. Would probably need to partner up with Turkey or UK for their next gen platform along with complete pilot training.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think you’re mistaken. MBs were the first batch that was purchased in the 80s as @Isa Khan pointed out correctly
They’re phased out already.
but given world economy isn’t going to recover until 2024-2025 and there’s already outstanding orders for typhoons until 2026, I don’t see Bangladesh procuring any new made fighter aircraft in this decade. Maybe 2030? But Bangladesh is going to lose out in experienced talent pool and a whole generation of fighter jet technology experience. Would probably need to partner up with Turkey or UK for their next gen platform along with complete pilot training.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post.
But I was actually talking about 16 batch F7BG that was brought in 2005/6.

The new 16 MRCA ( possibly typhoon or other western origin 4.5 ) is to replace that batch of F7BG.

The air force officer I talked to, he is very confident that new fighter will join BAF 2030.

Yes, economic recession is an issue but government is looking for loan to buy these aircrafts.

And they have to procure it anyway, otherwise the air balance between BD and Barma is radically changing.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Bangladesh Air Force has received Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAV)
Bangladesh Air Force has received delivery of Combat Drone System. Bangladesh Air Force Officer officially mentioned the event held on 21 November Armed Forces Day
Similarly, the country's Airdefence system is being modernized and automated and the country's aircraft construction is underway which will conduct tests in the near future.

ANKA ?

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Sorry, I misunderstood your post.
But I was actually talking about 16 batch F7BG that was brought in 2005/6.

The new 16 MRCA ( possibly typhoon or other western origin 4.5 ) is to replace that batch of F7BG.

The air force officer I talked to, he is very confident that new fighter will join BAF 2030.

Yes, economic recession is an issue but government is looking for loan to buy these aircrafts.

And they have to procure it anyway, otherwise the air balance between BD and Barma is radically changing.
With how little each pilot flies a year I wouldn’t even bother thinking about fighter procurement atm. But rest assured no fighter in first half of this decade

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,369
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
i am guessing they will order these aircraft in 2025/2026 and it may enter service by 2027/2028.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
There's one thing MN did right imo, they don't wait for fighters that their pocket can't afford and go for readily available jets, instead of being picky.

Apparently, this is capable of firing SD-10s.
I am not sure why they didn't choose the Jf-17B as a training platform and decided to induct something new altogether. Maybe the report below has some truth.

There's no denying that MN air force outmatch that of BD, both in quantity and quality.
The only way to offset this quantitative advantage is to acquire Western combat aircraft and adopt a western standard training regime (preferably American).
We should question whether the rigid and scripted training provided by the PLAAF (which is a top-down hierarchical structure) is anywhere near the NATO training standards.
The western way of war is the best way to fight , be it doctrine , tactics and the use of technology.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom