Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1654333881465.png

It was back in 2011 when Kaniz Fatema joined the Bangladesh Army with the aim to serve her motherland to the best of her abilities.

But all her dreams were shattered, hopes gone when she broke her spinal cord during training at the Bangladesh Military Academy (BMA) on 18 September, 2012.

Following that tragic incident, it became impossible for her to continue with regular army activities.

However, Captain Kaniz, a fearless woman, a born fighter, did not want to give up.

She was adamant to work for Bangladesh's protection and decided not to fall prey to her adversities.

Such indomitable zeal of Kaniz Fatema was rewarded as she got commissioned under special consideration in 2013.

Being in a wheelchair, Kaniz – with her stubbornness, sheer mental strength and the help of colleagues – was able to carry out her army routines with utmost spontaneousness.

As a recognition of her remarkable and exemplary service, the Chief of Army Staff General S M Shafiuddin Ahmed has promoted her to the rank of major.

An event was held at the Multipurpose Complex at Army Headquarters in Dhaka Cantonment on Saturday to honour Kaniz and her undying spirit and passion.

Senior army officials along with all the formation commanders were present at the special occasion, reads a press release.

Bangladesh Army believes that Kaniz's story and her achievements, despite all the hardships and setbacks, will inspire every woman as a shining example of hope and courage.

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Can anyone please give me the list of active armoured regiments in bangladesh army. My calculations on the number of tanks we have arent matching up :/

Destranator

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
We should consider AEW&C and MPA versions of this aircraft to reduce maintenance costs.

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

There are more units than calculated. There may be mistakes as most of the things are collected from the web.

Bengal71

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If we get Western fighters, we may be able to work something out with European suppliers (e.g.- Saab)
Saab Erieye is good. I wish we bought the full package of Gripen E and Erieye with meteor. Or if not European then heck go for the J-10C and Chinese AEW&C combo.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Interesting find by DTB from recently concluded "Tiger Shark- 39". (Though i did notice but didn't bother to check properly). Commandos were seen using upgraded Type-56 assault rifle. The upgrade includes picatinny rail, collimator sight, foregrip, new buttstock and possibly laser designator. BOF probably carried out these upgrades.

1656242155534.png

1656242247665.png

There are more units than calculated. There may be mistakes as most of the things are collected from the web.

If there are 44 tanks in each regiment then there are at least 6 regiments (Total 276 tanks).

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Interesting find by DTB from recently concluded "Tiger Shark- 39". (Though i did notice but didn't bother to check properly). Commandos were seen using upgraded Type-56 assault rifle. The upgrade includes picatinny rail, collimator sight, foregrip, new buttstock and possibly laser designator. BOF probably carried out these upgrades.

View attachment 45388
View attachment 45389

If there are 44 tanks in each regiment then there are at least 6 regiments (Total 276 tanks).
Exactly! But according to my dad there are some units with 58. Also according to him every division has a regiment attached to it. So there should be at least 10 which I managed to find. I have checked up with my friends from almost all cantonments and the unit names are confirmed but no traces of any tanks. P.S. don't share that document outside this forum as there are some units that are still classified

Destranator

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Shalara type-56 charbena jibone. It's a crappy rifle for Special Forces. Special forces need to:
  1. travel light - light rifle and rounds
  2. fire quietly and accurately
  3. Use rifles optimised for various accessories (as opposed to simply slapping on generic picatiny rails and random gadgets)
  4. use water resistant weapons
Type-56 "SMG" just does not cut it.

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Shalara type-56 charbena jibone. It's a crappy rifle for Special Forces. Special forces need to:
  1. travel light - light rifle and rounds
  2. fire quietly and accurately
  3. Use rifles optimised for various accessories (as opposed to simply slapping on generic picatiny rails and random gadgets)
  4. use water resistant weapons
Type-56 "SMG" just does not cut it.
The brigade already has modern equipment, but they are literally show-pieces xD

Destranator

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The brigade already has modern equipment, but they are literally show-pieces xD
Just having a few examples of good rifles for toying around is not enough. You need standardise a suitable rifle and train on them all year round to be able to deploy it effectively in Special Ops.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
But according to my dad there are some units with 58. Also according to him every division has a regiment attached to it. So there should be at least 10 which I managed to find.

Do we only have 174 Type-59 or is there more? Cause i noticed there are some Type-59 without any upgrade.

Shalara type-56 charbena jibone.

In last MHD, couple of BOF guys said our soldiers love Type-56.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom