Bangladesh Army Bangladesh Army

Destranator

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
In last MHD, couple of BOF guys said our soldiers love Type-56.
It's fine for Infantry use. Special Operations is a different story. You don't want to wake up the entire neighbourhood as well as miss targets during a deep insertion operation.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1 week long "Summer Exercise" has started on 26 June.

Do we only have 174 Type-59 or is there more? Cause i noticed there are some Type-59 without any upgrade.

Also some redacted but still readable part from a document suggest the number is way higher than the current figure. Though i could be wrong. But even if it's true, i believe most of them are not operational anymore. But still there are more Type-59, some of which are probably being replaced by VT-5. Maybe it's not feasible to upgrade them.

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Also some redacted but still readable part from a document suggest the number is way higher than the current figure. Though i could be wrong. But even if it's true, i believe most of them are not operational anymore. But still there are more Type-59, some of which are probably being replaced by VT-5. Maybe it's not feasible to upgrade them.
Can I get a copy of that file?

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Yes indeed. but I have heard from the commandant of 902 EME wksp that some tanks are still being upgraded. He didn't specify which tanks are being upgraded. He also said that a 903 EME wksp will also be raised in the future as currently 902 is overloaded with other vehicles like apcs. After 903 has been raised 902 will continue to work only with tanks

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Extension of Physical Infrastructural Facilities of MES (Military Engineering Services) in Dhaka Cantonment Project with Tk98.50 crore

Can I get a copy of that file?

It's a screenshot from a magazine (সহর্ষে) but everything was obscured by the uploader except the small part of Type-59.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
"Aside from economic cooperation, we also discussed approaches to strengthen defense and security cooperation.

We agreed to expand cooperation between PT Pindad and the Bangladesh Army.

We also welcomed the finalization of MoU on Defense Cooperation and the Agreement on Counter Terrorism Cooperation."

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
FYIKOd9aMAA06kd

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
During his stay in Spain, he will visit the Airbus Defense and Space factory to observe the final preparatory activities and aircrew training for the handover of the recently purchased the second Airbus CASA C295W aircraft to the Bangladesh Army.

The army chief will also visit an organization named Instalaja to review the suitability of ALCOTAN, an anti-tank weapon, for Bangladesh Army's infantry.

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Don't know if its news but recently found out that there may be a BM-21 MBRL Battery near AHQ. Its not under 46th Bde as I know every details about the bde. Maybe its directly under a PSO of AHQ. I found it in a document from 2009 so it is very possible that they were replaced by the ones currently under 9th div.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Army officer in "International Officers’ Logistic Course 2022" in UK.

FYYp62AVUAAdyED
FYYp614UsAARAs0

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
A Bell-206L4 helicopter of the Army Aviation Group crash-landed at about 01:05pm in Nawabganj due to a mechanical failure while practicing the Emergency Landing Procedure as part of a regular training flight. Both the pilots were safely evacuated from the helicopter. They are out of danger and have been shifted to Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka Cantonment by air.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
A Bell-206L4 helicopter of the Army Aviation Group crash-landed at about 01:05pm in Nawabganj due to a mechanical failure while practicing the Emergency Landing Procedure as part of a regular training flight. Both the pilots were safely evacuated from the helicopter. They are out of danger and have been shifted to Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka Cantonment by air.

The helicopter has been recovered.

1659386260140.png

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The army headquarters changed three General Officers Commanding of Infantry Division and Area Commanders in Chattogram, Bogura and Cumilla and replaced the director general of Ansar and VDP in separate orders on Monday and Tuesday.

The Inter-Services Public Relations confirmed the posting, promotion and transfers of those officers in the key positions.

In an order signed by Major General Khaled Al-Mamun on Tuesday, the army headquarters transferred Ansar’s director general Major General Mizanur Rahman Shameem to Chattogram as the GOC of 24 Infantry Division, replacing incumbent Major General Saiful Abedin.

Major General Saiful Abedin, former director general of Directorate General of Forces Intelligence, will retire soon.

In the same order, the General Officer Commanding of 11 Infantry Division and Area in Bogura Major General AKM Nazmul Hasan was made the director general of Ansar on deputation.

The army headquarters in separate orders signed on Monday stated that Brigadier General Md Mainur Rahman was promoted to Major General and was transferred to Cumilla as GOC of 33 Infantry Division and Area Commander.

He would replace Major General Md Jahangir Harun who will retire.

In the same order, the army headquarters also promoted the prime minister’s incumbent military secretary Brigadier General Kabir Ahmed to the rank of Major General.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom