Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
So officially we have 36 WS-22?

18x completing the whole 45mlrs regiment.
51MLRS regiment using 1x battery (6x vehicle) along with 2x TRG-300 batteries. (Completing the whole regiment)
52MLRS independent battery (6x vehicle) with 7th division. ( if they make it into a full fledged regiment in the future it would be very good for South-Western divisions)

So, that’s in total 30x WS-22A that we can confirm by counting the number of currently commissioned units in the army. But tbh there could more WS-22A that has been already delivered but the units aren’t officially commissioned yet. For example we received first WS-22A in 2014 but the first regiment (45th MLRS regiment) was only raised in 2018.

Note- whatever MLRS regiment 1x TRG-230 battery (last remaining battery of Kaplan MLRS regiment that was supposed to be delivered later as army chief clearly announced during the commissioning of first 2x batteries in savar in 2021) was commissioned with last year in chottogram) has open slot for 2x more MLRS batteries. (Maybe they could fill the slot with 2x WS-22A batteries like they did 51MLRS regiment, or maybe more TRG-230 are on the way, we saw Ukrainian army using a battery with exact BD camouflage)

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Typical TO&E and man formation in a Inf Bn

Attachments

• EB Bn.png
    EB Bn.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 97

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Flaxtape why don't you finish the TO&E of all 10 divisions like the one you did with 9th division.
Or at least the relevant ones like 11th, 19th, 33rd and 24th and 7th Div.

It would be an excellent work.

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Flaxtape why don't you finish the TO&E of all 10 divisions like the one you did with 9th division.
Or at least the relevant ones like 11th, 19th, 33rd and 24th and 7th Div.

It would be an excellent work.
These takes a lot of time to make, if i do have some free time in the future i will make them for sure

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Flextape *How about TO&E of an Infantry or/and mechanised infantry brigade?

*A typical BA infantry brigade has how many inf bn?

Last edited:

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
hearing news that 4x Bell 407 and AK-15 have been approved for army

thought it would be AH-1Z viper but wtf?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
hearing news that 4x Bell 407

Bruh, even if it were it is not for attack helo purchase. Bell 407 is multipurpose utility chopper.

AK-15 have been approved for army

Okay, that is totally unnecessary.
We should develop something on our own. Or we could license something from Turkey. They have some excellent carbine automatics.

thought it would be AH-1Z viper but wtf?

How? We didn't signed anything with USA yet.

NVD

Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Bruh, even if it were it is not for attack helo purchase. Bell 407 is multipurpose utility chopper.

Okay, that is totally unnecessary.
We should develop something on our own. Or we could license something from Turkey. They have some excellent carbine automatics.

How? We didn't signed anything with USA yet.
the army is not all interested in developing any indigenous hardware or guns they r extremely arrogant when it comes to things like developing indigenous weapons so they will continue on weapons import.

nd yes turkiye does have some excellent carbine platforms but the army prefers 7.62X39 kalashnikov nd they will stick to the kalasnikov ak platforms

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
the army is not all interested in developing any indigenous hardware or guns they r extremely arrogant when it comes to things like developing indigenous weapons

I am not sure if they are 'extremely' arrogant.
We simply don’t have necessary budget allocation for indigenous research and development nor do we have any organisational structure to successfully implement any meaningful R&D project yet.

so they will continue on weapons import.

Actually, army’s current standard assault rifle is manufactured in BD with ToT from China. So, I don’t think they will now completely switch to imported primary infantry weapon.

NVD

Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
don’t think they will now completely switch to imported primary infantry weapon.
its an ongoing process ..for the time being they will get 1000 rifles which is basically 1/4 of the total tender...i dont think itll be a wise option to give these rifles to the infantry better start by giving it to special forces...special forces r still using those old aks

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Actually, army’s current standard assault rifle is manufactured in BD with ToT from China. So, I don’t think they will now completely switch to imported primary infantry weapon.
Yes.If Ak-15 is selected as future standard AR then it will come with TOT.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yes.If Ak-15 is selected as future standard AR then it will come with TOT.

AK-15 isn’t that good, specially when it comes to accuracy beyond 300m.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Source of this info?

"The whole AK series and its design philosophy makes it less accurate at longer ranges compared to M16 A3/4, M4 or HK416s."
-That is usually considered common knowledge among shoulder arms enthusiasts. (and experts)

However, apart from that there are other issues with AK-12/15.

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Video and link is about AK-12 not AK-15. Different ammo, different results. The 2nd link doesn't say anything about the accuracy. And it seems there are different opinions on AK-15. Not an expert but if I remember old tender correctly army is effective range 300 meters and maximum range is 800 meters, so 300 meters range for an assault rifle should be good enough. Not much review on this but AK-15 seems good even better than M-16.

Automatic rifles are incapable of MOA accuracy while in automatic fire mode unless the weapon is clamped down to control the recoil and muzzle climb which would defeat the purpose of automatic fire mode, if firing automatically the last thing required is MOA accuracy all that is required is to put the bullets (lots of them) around the aim point hopping that a few hit the target.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warface/comments/q01nj3

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,383
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1. I am not an expert either, but I am telling you, with same design 7mm ammo will only make its accuracy worse.

2. Yes, AK-15 maybe better than M16 from 1970s. But not way it is superior to M16A4 or M4A1.

3. Automatic mode is an aspect of firefight. But in other situations, semi automatic or single mode is required. Then this could be a problem.

I do remember something like what are saying about army's requirement being 300 meter.

however, my only issue is why buy the less capable equipments when we could easily buy the good ones (as we have the financial means)

Last edited:
Top Bottom