Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What? why would you attack Andaman in support of Bangladesh?
It Does not make sense.
Wrong, we want to attack the Andaman to support Pakistan and in this case to ease the pressure of the Western front. 1965 Sukarno's Indonesia seems eager to pick fight with everyone.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Wrong, we want to attack the Andaman to support Pakistan and in this case to ease the pressure of the Western front. 1965 Sukarno's Indonesia seems eager to pick fight with everyone.
East Pakistan meant Bangladesh before and during the war.
After i googled the story i understood, you meant West Pakistan.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
East Pakistan meant Bangladesh before and during the war.
After i googled the story i understood, you meant West Pakistan.
In 1965 both are part of a united Pakistan, an Indonesian capture of the Andaman meant a decrease of blockade possibility by the IN in the bay of Bengal. So yes this is a help for Pakistan.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
In 1965 both are part of a united Pakistan.
Yes, but we werent involved in the war on our soil as India wisely decided not to attack East pakistan.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif
buying some jets won't be the end of it. If we sign ACSA , that means the Americans can use our Naval, Air bases as resupply and Logistics Hubs in case of a conflict with China.
Wonder what they will promise this time ?
Maybe a US naval base in Chittagong ? :LOL:

It is the only leverage BAL has against the US. They'd exchange our neutrality for the chance to keep their grip on power in a heartbeat.

That being said , the benefits and costs of aligning with the US deserves its own thread.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Islamic countries sit on America's lap, their fate is certain. This applies to other countries too, they will end up in blood and tears.

Neither China, nor the United States, nor Europe, nor any other country, should move forward on their own independent and free path.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If Islamic countries sit on America's lap, their fate is certain. This applies to other countries too, they will end up in blood and tears.
Bangladesh is not an "Islamic" country.Google it up if you don't know what an Islamic country means.
Neither China, nor the United States, nor Europe, nor any other country, should move forward on their own independent path.
Better not lecture about a countrys policy which is more than 5 thousand km away from you.Our policy,priorities and political-geo political situation all are almost completely different.We know about the problems of this region more than you.

Although I don't think any muslim country has the capacity to do what u said.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Bangladesh is not an "Islamic" country.Google it up if you don't know what an Islamic country means.

Better not lecture about a countrys policy which is more than 5 thousand km away from you.Our policy,priorities and political-geo political situation all are almost completely different.We know about the problems of this region more than you.

Easy, bro! He just meant 'muslim country' by islamic country.

And no need to be rude to explain to him that, our priorities and circumstances are different.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Chill bro! This is an international forum.Otherwise we would all speak in our own language.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Easy, bro! He just meant 'muslim country' by islamic country.

And no need to be rude to explain to him that, our priorities and circumstances are different.
I don't have any problems with anyone commenting on BD and wishing to discuss our current affairs.But he's saying as if we are doing some sort of sin by siding with China or US and our actions are bound to lead us to doom.

Also as far as sitting in US "lap" is concerned, he should understand that Turkey-US relations are far deeper than BD-US relation historical and even today when Erdogan is in chair.Turkey has been a trusted partner of US and NATO even before BD was an independent nation.The same govt which is now in power in BD literally had to fight US during our independence war and then the entire "Muslim brotherhood" was against us because we Bengalis had upset their cousins by not wanting to be their slaves.

Also after seeing how Islamists in Turkish govt and the western world reacted during our war crimes tribunal only a few years back, it gives me chills whenever I see such comments by Turkish people.After that Bangladesh had to support Erdogan in 2016 coup and take 1.5 MILLION refugees for the relations between BD and Turkey to improve...

In nearly every step forward BD had to deal with continuous western pressure and yet here people are warning us when according to them we are about to sit in America's "lap".

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif
buying some jets won't be the end of it. If we sign ACSA , that means the Americans can use our Naval, Air bases as resupply and Logistics Hubs in case of a conflict with China.
Wonder what they will promise this time ?
Yeah, no shit! we aint signing anything, not ever.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom