Boğaziçi Protests

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What I wrote about was call attention to manipulations and efforts that took this student response out of context.
That's correct. We should also take care of it. But this shouldn't prevent students to protest.
I am not even talking about not knowing the inside of the Boğaziçi... Look, here's a message from 2016 that I don't want to translate into English:
You just posted an image. And you expect me to believe it? Lets assume that message is true. İs fighting and eliminating terrorists, rectors job? If someone is linked to pkk or feto, thats ministery of interiors job. But we know how they fight against feto.
However, the point I am sorry for is that they will be unjust side in a very short time because of this careless attitude.
This is correct. Thats why we should seperate students and those manipulators. But our minister doing the exact opposite. He claimed all the students under arrest was terrorist. Then when all of them released, He rejected his previous claims. If they are really terrorist, why did we release them? If they are innocent students, why did we arrest them and called them terrorist in the first place? Either way ministery is following the wrong path here.

T

Turko

The latest TRT video trying to demonise the protestors at the University is the most down voted video of theirs I've ever seen. Major PR fail
Who cares and watches TRT?it's propagand from AKP supporters to AKP supporters.its their internal brain wash.

T

Turko

There are no terrorists in the protests that's a proven lie of government.
In the that night they arrested 159 students. They said 79 of 159 of the students are terrorists, than they released them all.

These kind of accusations always reminds me of our Iranian friends in PDF, always accusations and claims but no proof ever. Always writing long sentences without a single proof.
If they were" terrorist ", why those bloody criminals have been released?
Usually terrorists spend their entire life in jail, if they are caught.

E

Era_shield

Students themselves said it many times that they are not pursuing any political agenda.
They are lying or brainwashed. Progressive ideology (which is actually Westernised neomarxism) spreads through academia, which is extremely biased to the left. Academics exploit young students' naivety, gullibility and recklessness to impose their progressive political beliefs onto them and to turn a smaller number of them into political activists like you see in these protests.

Over time they gain total control of this institution, and when that happens a new phase begins. In Turkey this hasn't happened yet but you can see it already in the US and many other Western countries. In those countries, now that the progressives have total control of academia, speech that goes against progressive dogma is not allowed, not even by tenured professors, and in many universities if students want to get their degree they must complete mandatory courses where they accept progressive political ideology. These are the same people that used to call themselves "liberals" and pretended to care about freedom of expression - now that they're in total control, they don't allow anyone to say or do anything against them or their cancerous progressive ideology. These students' cries about free speech are nothing but rhetoric, even if some of the students themselves believe it (most are just pawns).

In much of the West this ideology has already spread from academia and taken over the media, corporate management, Big Tech, HR, administration, much of government, and even subcultures like knitting. Make no mistake, its end goal, explicitly stated in the academic literature it comes from, is to dismantle society and replace it (with them in power, ofcourse) through the same type of cultural revolution that happened in China.

Personally I'm not religious and I dislike authoritarianism, but everyone, including these students, would agree that there are some things that should not be allowed in a society. An ideology whose goal is to dismantle society and remake it into a totalitarian woke hellhole should absolutely be one of those things. And that's exactly what this is, no matter what they claim, no matter what lies or delusions they use to conceal this fact.

D

dBSPL

You just posted an image. And you expect me to believe it? Lets assume that message is true. İs fighting and eliminating terrorists, rectors job? If someone is linked to pkk or feto, thats ministery of interiors job. But we know how they fight against feto.
I did not open a separate parenthesis because it would take the subject out of context. If search or asking other people a little, could be find much more. I think we were paying attention to defense industry projects too much while youth structures of terrorist organizations were attacking other students which are commemorating the Afrin martyrs and preventing them from even setting up a table for support TSK. Or when 'murderer state' notices, including academics, were published.

Last edited by a moderator:

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I did not open a separate parenthesis because it would take the subject out of context. If search or asking other people a little, could be find much more. I think we were paying attention to defense industry projects too much while youth structures of terrorist organizations were attacking other students which are commemorating the Afrin martyrs and preventing them from even setting up a table for support TSK. Or when 'murderer state' notices, including academics, were published.

My English is not enough so I will write in Turkish.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bro. Bak diyelim ki dediğin doğru. Diyelim ki boğaziçi üniversitesi terörist. Bunu düşünmek öğrencinin görevi mi? Değil. Ve sen devlet olarak bunu rektör atayarak da çözemezsin. Burada asıl konu ve tartışmaların başladığı nokta rektörün yukarıdan gelmesi.

Dediklerine baktım. Gerçekten de Afrin harekatında şehit düşen askerler için lokum dağıtanlara saldırmışlar. Ama sonra ne olmuş?

Polis gelip tutuklamış. Olması gereken de bu zaten. Universiteyi arındırmak öğrencinin yada rektörün görevi değil ki? Yani universitenin başına rektör atamanın bahanesi bu olamaz. Ha sen diyeblirsin ki; "Eğer rektör seçimle gelirse ve öğrencilerin çoğunluğu pkklıysa ne olacak?"

Ben de sana derim ki ; "Niye çoğunluğu pkklı olsun?" Türk milletinin evlatları salak mı? Sonuçta sınavla giriliyor bu üniversiteye. Eğer doğuda sınavların güvenliğini sağlayamıyorlarsa o zaman bu yine devletin çözmesi gereken bir şey.

Therefore, what we need to do right now is just use the #erdoganistifa tag as much as possible on our social media accounts and be filled with the peace of bringing our responsibility to Boğaziçi students.
Bu konuda endişelerini paylaşıyorum. Öğrenciler kendilerini çok daha büyük bir olayın içinde buldu. Ama hükümetin de istediği şey buymuş zaten. Rektör protestosu bir anda lgbtye döndü. Cumhurbaşkanı çıkıp gezi olaylarını hatırlattı. İçişleri bakanı öğrencilere terörist dedi. Sonra o öğrenciler salındı. Kendilerine yeni bir düşman yarattılar. Yani bu konuyu sadece hükümet özelinde de yorumlamak istemiyorum. Aynı şekilde muhalif insanlar da bu anı bekliyormuş İnsanlar bıkmış artık.

Hepsinden ayrı olarak şunu da belirteyim. Hükümetin amacı üniversiteleri terörden temizlemek falan değil. Çözüm sürecinde vatanseverler öğrenciler ve öğretim görevlilerini o kadar çaresiz bıraktılar ki. apo posteri açanlara dokundurtmadı devlet. Fakülteleri yakıp duvarlara sprey boyayla pkk yazdılar ama devlet dokunmadı o kişilere. Pkklıların karşısına geçen vatanseverleri engelledi polis. Fırat çakıroğlu bıçaklandığında polisin ambulansı engellediğini falan yazdı bazı gazeteciler.
Pkklılar cama tıklayıp elektrik fişi uzatıyorlardı hocalara dersteyken. Hoca mecbur takıyordu başka çaresi yok çünkü. Can güvenliğ yoktu adamların. Devlet açılım diyerek kendi vatandaşına sırt çevirdi çünkü.

Şimdi de aynı. Tek derdi seçimler. Oy kaybettiğini biliyor hükümet. O yuzden elindeki oyları tutmak için öğrencileri yeni düşman yaptılar. Hatta cumhurbaşkanı yeni anayasa yeni seçim kanunu demeye başladı. Ne yapacak? 50+1 olan sistemi kaldıracak göreceksin. En çok oy alan başkan olacak. En çok oyu nasıl alacak? Şuan ki seçmenini elinde tutarak. Bunu nasıl yapacak? Ortak düşman - Vatan hainleri ülkeyi ele geçirmeye çalışıyor (Öğrenciler.)

S

Sinan

They are lying or brainwashed. Progressive ideology (which is actually Westernised neomarxism) spreads through academia, which is extremely biased to the left. Academics exploit young students' naivety, gullibility and recklessness to impose their progressive political beliefs onto them and to turn a smaller number of them into political activists like you see in these protests.

Over time they gain total control of this institution, and when that happens a new phase begins. In Turkey this hasn't happened yet but you can see it already in the US and many other Western countries. In those countries, now that the progressives have total control of academia, speech that goes against progressive dogma is not allowed, not even by tenured professors, and in many universities if students want to get their degree they must complete mandatory courses where they accept progressive political ideology. These are the same people that used to call themselves "liberals" and pretended to care about freedom of expression - now that they're in total control, they don't allow anyone to say or do anything against them or their cancerous progressive ideology. These students' cries about free speech are nothing but rhetoric, even if some of the students themselves believe it (most are just pawns).

In much of the West this ideology has already spread from academia and taken over the media, corporate management, Big Tech, HR, administration, much of government, and even subcultures like knitting. Make no mistake, its end goal, explicitly stated in the academic literature it comes from, is to dismantle society and replace it (with them in power, ofcourse) through the same type of cultural revolution that happened in China.

Personally I'm not religious and I dislike authoritarianism, but everyone, including these students, would agree that there are some things that should not be allowed in a society. An ideology whose goal is to dismantle society and remake it into a totalitarian woke hellhole should absolutely be one of those things. And that's exactly what this is, no matter what they claim, no matter what lies or delusions they use to conceal this fact.
Good story. It's obvious that you have not listened to a word of what students said, you are typing in your fantasies. Maybe, you should visit Turkey sometime.

S

Sinan

I also want to say, if tomorrow regime changes and the new regime begins to oppress conservative people. I would side with them too.
If an ultra-secularist president comes and tries to ban head-scarf, i would resist to that decision.

Some of our people still thinks that Boğaziçi Students deserve this treatment because they think they are from the other camp. Sad, how polarized our country become.

S

Sinan

s-be9725cd773c25abfa6019777c72501e6ceea7d6.jpg

Head of the Nationalist Party said that students heads need to be crushed. Twitter deleted his comment.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
s-be9725cd773c25abfa6019777c72501e6ceea7d6.jpg

Head of the Nationalist Party said that students heads need to be crushed. Twitter deleted his comment.
We shouldn't take him seriously. He is spokeman of erdoğan. He says the things that erdoğan cant openly say but agree.
Also he has no spine. He was going to punish erdoğan few years ago. no they are buddies

S

Sinan

We shouldn't take him seriously. He is spokeman of erdoğan. He says the things that erdoğan cant openly say but agree.
Also he has no spine. He was going to punish erdoğan few years ago. no they are buddies
What i fear is his goons doing something against these kids.

D

dBSPL

@uzaysan hocam,

We have a communication problem. Since the rector was appointed from outside of University, protests started under the leadership of academicians, even if most of them have shown their actual side clearly enough in recent years... This is fourth rector appointed under Erdogan goverments and the last two of them were highly controversial. Especially the last assignment in 2016.

After appointment, it was announced that 15 of the 17 people detained by the police in the first protest of the initiative of Boğaziçi students and academicians on January 4, was not affiliated with the university. Protests continued during the handover ceremony on January 5th. With the protests that took place in South Campus and Kadiköy on the same day, the events started to spread beyond the university.

Although the events flared up from time to time during this events, the real ground for social conflict started with the lgbt provocation last week. This of course created larger ground that the Akp administration, which use the events for consolidation rather than mediation and reconciliation, can use it to their advantage. House arrest was given to two students who were held responsible here. All the discussion in the national press has now started to shift towards the axis of Conservatism-Secularism. As the tension increased enormously on all country, the police literally intervened inside the university campus and made 159 arrests in the protests on 1 February. Polices were prevented the protest by using intense force.

After that, the events have reached an international dimension, including the US State Department. Twitter started blocking politicians and some supporters on the grounds of hate speech and profiling of protesters. Numerous parliamentarians and prominent figures from abroad issued condemnations on goverment. Within the same period, well known accounts and their bot army linked to fetö and pyd started to work on the agenda in different languages in coordination with each other.

As a result, while all parties (including terrorist organizations) benefit from polarization pragmatically, students who protest the appointment from outside will not go beyond being a mannequin of this events. Gezi events in 2013 were also poisoned in this way. I do not want to be a part of both 'designed' poles in this story, which started from the appointment of the rector and now turn in to 'regime debate'. If we can return to the basics of this issue and ensure that the demands of university students are fulfilled as free from all manipulation activities and interest groups with different agendas, we will emerge much stronger as a country.

S

Sinan

@uzaysan hocam,

We have a communication problem. Since the rector was appointed from outside of University, protests started under the leadership of academicians, even if most of them have shown their actual side clearly enough in recent years... This is fourth rector appointed under Erdogan goverments and the last two of them were highly controversial. Especially the last assignment in 2016.

After appointment, it was announced that 15 of the 17 people detained by the police in the first protest of the initiative of Boğaziçi students and academicians on January 4, was not affiliated with the university. Protests continued during the handover ceremony on January 5th. With the protests that took place in South Campus and Kadiköy on the same day, the events started to spread beyond the university.

Although the events flared up from time to time during this events, the real ground for social conflict started with the lgbt provocation last week. This of course created larger ground that the Akp administration, which use the events for consolidation rather than mediation and reconciliation, can use it to their advantage. House arrest was given to two students who were held responsible here. All the discussion in the national press has now started to shift towards the axis of Conservatism-Secularism. As the tension increased enormously on all country, the police literally intervened inside the university campus and made 159 arrests in the protests on 1 February. Polices were prevented the protest by using intense force.

After that, the events have reached an international dimension, including the US State Department. Twitter started blocking politicians and some supporters on the grounds of hate speech and profiling of protesters. Numerous parliamentarians and prominent figures from abroad issued condemnations on goverment. Within the same period, well known accounts and their bot army linked to fetö and pyd started to work on the agenda in different languages in coordination with each other.

As a result, while all parties (including terrorist organizations) benefit from polarization pragmatically, students who protest the appointment from outside will not go beyond being a mannequin of this events. Gezi events in 2013 were also poisoned in this way. I do not want to be a part of both 'designed' poles in this story, which started from the appointment of the rector and now turn in to 'regime debate'. If we can return to the basics of this issue and ensure that the demands of university students are fulfilled as free from all manipulation activities and interest groups with different agendas, we will emerge much stronger as a country.
I can put my sign under this. (y)

Erdogan can solve the problem in 2 minutes but he won't we all know that he feeds from polarization.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@uzaysan hocam,

I guess most reasonable action for the government would be supporting students from the beggining. Then not allowing 3rd party organizations to join protests. this is our countries general problem. Whenever there is some right protest, There is always some idiot who does "halay çekmek" or similar. But that train already passed. Even now ministers should be able to listen other side. But instead of peace talks, oficials talks dirty. Like devlet bahçeli said this snakes must be crashed. picture is above. Or minister call students terorist.

This protests will countinue to grow because there is someone benefits from this. Nobody want to solve it.

Edit: Bu arada anladığım kadarıyla sen diyorsun ki, bu olay artık rektör olayı değil bambaşka bir yere evrildi. O yuzden taraf tutmuyorum diyorsun. Eğer doğru anladıysam.

Bence ayrıştığımız nokta burası. Böyle giderse senin de dediğin gibi öğrenciler piyon olmaktan öteye gidemeyecek. Ben diyorum ki, Öğrencileri desteklememiza gereken asıl nokta da tam burası. Çünkü şimdi destek bulamazlarsa bir daha hiç bulamazlar. Bizim üzerimize düşen vazife konunun olabilidğince dağılmasını engelleyip öğrencilerin isteklerini duyurmak. Çünkü her seferinde bu olay büyüdü deyip desteği kesersek hiç bir protesto yapamayız. Her protesto ettiğimizde birileri çıkar yine provoke eder. Bunun da kimin işine geldiği zaten ortada benden iyi biliyorsundur. Eğer isteseler 2 gün içinde provoke edebilirler ve edildi de zaten.

Neyse söyleyeceklerim bu kadar.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom