Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images - 2021-02-03T135954.015.jpeg

If you believe disgracing holy things even your flag along with traditions here is a quote to put into your heads.

By the way this is said by a man who was not a fan of Islam.

T

Turko

it's not LGBT community protests, it a protest of all Boğaziçi Students who against the way of rector appointment.

I was declared a terrorist because I wanted to choose my rector at my university. "
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted freedom in my school"
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted the 150-year-old culture of my institution to be respected"
"I have been declared a terrorist because I defend polyphony, not monophonism"
"I was declared a terrorist because I exercised my legitimate right to protest without going beyond constitutional boundaries."
"I have been declared a terrorist because I want a free environment at my university"
"I have been declared a terrorist because I want the will of the university to be respected."
"I have been declared a terrorist because I want an elected president, not an appointed president"
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted democracy"
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted academic freedom at my university"
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted to preserve the autonomy of my university"
"I have been declared a terrorist because I think differently from the political power"
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted my university's values to be respected."
"I was declared a terrorist because I wanted to choose my rector at my university"

S

Sinan

@Sinan
If you know anything about Gezi you'll admit that these protests are totally different from the Gezi movement. Back then, large parts of the society were backing the demonstrations, the issue was not limited to one university, the Gezi people didn't insult the religion by putting LGBTQ+ signs on pictures of Kabaa etc.
I want the make some addition. Society were kind of not aware of the protests which were going for a month. But, when police started to beat protestors in the Gezi Park, burned their tents and sprayed gas over girls. People got furious.

This one is different they are protesting within their university. And there is no violence in their protest.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When many cultures are against homosexuality including religions like Islam, Christianity, Judaism also Tengrism.
Just because majority has same opinion doesnt mean its right. People used to use humans as slaves. And they were against the equality. But that doesnt mean people are meant to be slaves.

Any religion can be against homosexuality. And Its gods bussines to punish them not you.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Instead of protesting like a real man, targeting the issue directly, just wave the LGBT flag and bring communism into the mix! That'll fix everything.

Everytime a protest happens its always commies or leftists then you have lbgt crowd.

That doesnt mean protest are wrong. Just because someone waved a flag doesnt mean ı support that flag. Students are right and you know that.

Imagine your boss cut your salary in half. And you start protest. But some idiot come and open pkk flag. Does this mean you are also terrorist? Does this mean your boss is right?

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
HDP calling its voters to the streets

US State Department Spokesperson Ned Price: US stand shoulder to shoulder with all those fighting for democratic freedoms.

In addition, I did not want to carry the tweets of many famous terrorist organization spokespersons from PKK and Feto. You can find hundreds of them. Apparently, there is great excitement and hope.
We are at the same spot again omg. Just because someone support you, doesn't mean you support them.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
That doesnt mean protest are wrong. Just because someone waved a flag doesnt mean ı support that flag. Students are right and you know that.

Imagine your boss cut your salary in half. And you start protest. But some idiot come and open pkk flag. Does this mean you are also terrorist? Does this mean your boss is right?
You're not getting the point are you? It's not about the protest being wrong or right.

These idiots that join in and bring their flags are sabotaging the legitimacy of the protests. I'm sure that both Nein and Webslave aren't supporters of the government. But they're expressing their outrage at the fact that every protest gets corrupted by the same people every single time.

The sad thing about it is that little can be done about it. If every protest gets flooded with LGBT and commies then Erdoğan will rule until his death. They are fuel for his fire.

Now with HDP and officials from the USA supporting the protests, Erdoğan just got a much needed popularity boost. I guess he'll call it a "gift from god".

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You're not getting the point are you? It's not about the protest being wrong or right.

These idiots that join in and bring their flags are sabotaging the legitimacy of the protests. I'm sure that both Nein and Webslave aren't supporters of the government. But they're expressing their outrage at the fact that every protest gets corrupted by the same people every single time.

The sad thing about it is that little can be done about it. If every protest gets flooded with LGBT and commies then Erdoğan will rule until his death. They are fuel for his fire.

Now with HDP and officials from the USA supporting the protests, Erdoğan just got a much needed popularity boost. I guess he'll call it a "gift from god".
I'm talking about the protest. But some people talk like it's a pride walk. What I'm saying is those idiots that ruin protest has nothing to do with protest

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
I'm talking about the protest. But some people talk like it's a pride walk. What I'm saying is those idiots that ruin protest has nothing to do with protest
Those idiots that ruin it absolutely do have something to do with it... Instead of getting the support of all opposition supporters they just halved their potential support.

Don't you see the problem here?

How could we just avoid this when it's quite possibly the main reason why these protests fail.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those idiots that ruin it absolutely do have something to do with it... Instead of getting the support of all opposition supporters they just halved their potential support.

Don't you see the problem here?

How could we just avoid this when it's quite possibly the main reason why these protests fail.
What do you suggest? Should we stop protesting ? Because this will also be favor of akp.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
What do you suggest? Should we stop protesting ? Because this will also be favor of akp.
The only option is to ban fringe groups from the protests, but good luck enforcing that.

And there you go. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Students and ordinary law abiding citizens are going to continue to suffer because if they don't protest, nothing will happen. Meanwhile if they do protest, fringe groups join up and the protesters automatically get labelled as terrorists or lgbt pansies.

AKA: lefty/liberal fringe groups are fuelling Erdo. The same way that Islamic terrorists are fuelling the rise of the right-wing in the west.

S

Sinan

Another Boğaziçi Student talks in the popular youtube channel FLU TV

Below video is another student from Boğaziçi which aired a day ago.

@Tonyukuk @Bogeyman @mulj and everyone else.

Guys, please spare a little of your time and listen to what students say and they want. If everyone listens to each other, we would be living in a country that would have no problems.

They tell about everything, LGBT issue, Kabe issue, Police intervention, What they did, what they want.

So, please at least listen to these kids and if you are going to accuse them of something, accuse them after listening them.

Also, i stepped from being a mod just to discuss with you freely. I still have some moderation powers but i'm not going to use any of it in this thread. So, please speak with me freely.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom