BREAKING|Loud explosions around Dimona nuclear facility in Israel

Dante80

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
It is certainly kinematically possible to attain that range using a ballistic projection. Such a scenario is possible in the case of an air interception miss during the ascent phase.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I'm pretty sure Israel wouldn't want a barrage of ballistic missiles slung their way and showcase their deficiencies in Defence. This will fade.
I thought at the time Iran had attacked Israel, but at this time I know it is just a misfire from an S-200 so yeah they likely won't do anything besides taking out Syrian SAM systems.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
S-200 self destroyed itself over Abu Qrenat Arab Israeli village. Thats more than 10 km from town of Dimona and more than 25 km from nuclear center. No any damage was done.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
No, it is around 300 km distance from known sam batteries positions, not sure if it can go 60 km in down to earth trajectory, to many coincidences.

There was also "controled" explosion" couple of daya ago in military factory.
Probably we will not know true story, israelies will not admit even if they are hit by iran or their proxies as retaliation for Natanz incident.
Thats normal range for S-200. In 2001 S-200 shot down civilian airliner at 270 km distance.

287.jpg

Top Bottom