Brexit

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
We are fully prepared for this.....The Europeans want to play hard so will we. The French under Macron have really been belligerent.
I look forward to seeing their vessels being blocked from our waters.

Gunboats at the ready;

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 11.07.53.png

Her royal highness would approve....

1607857911577.png

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are fully prepared for this.....The Europeans want to play hard so will we. The French under Macron have really been belligerent.
I look forward to seeing their vessels being blocked from our waters.

Gunboats at the ready;

View attachment 8617

Her royal highness would approve....

View attachment 8618
Danes are worried about fishing ad well. I wonder how faeorerne are gonna manage afterwards. I imagine being in EU made some martime border issue easy to deal with

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Danes are worried about fishing ad well. I wonder how faeorerne are gonna manage afterwards. I imagine being in EU made some martime border issue easy to deal with

We and this has been the position of the government would be open to agreements with single states, but of course the EU doesn't work that way.
There's no sympathy for Europe anymore, they want the UK to be a vassal state, that's not going to happen and has never happened.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
We and this has been the position of the government would be open to agreements with single states, but of course the EU doesn't work that way.
There's no sympathy for Europe anymore, they want the UK to be a vassal state, that's not going to happen and has never happened.
I’m not worried about the brits with regard to doing well afterwards. You joined EU quite late tbh, I think in the 70’s maybe same time as Denmark.

It’s scotland and Ireland that are gonna want independence and stay in EU.

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I’m not worried about the brits with regard to doing well afterwards. You joined EU quite late tbh, I think in the 70’s maybe same time as Denmark.

It’s scotland and Ireland that are gonna want independence and stay in EU.

The nationalist Scots are in real trouble as the islands off Scotland have said they will declare independence from Scotland in the event of a win (unlikely). That wil effectively cut them off land and sea wise, and lose them rich grounds in terms of fossil resources and the future renewable energy e.g. Tidal power.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The nationalist Scots are in real trouble as the islands off Scotland have said they will declare independence from Scotland in the event of a win (unlikely). That wil effectively cut them off land and sea wise, and lose them rich grounds in terms of fossil resources and the future renewable energy e.g. Tidal power.
Is that viable how much population does these islands have since they’re threatening with independence from scotland ? If there existencial threats to scotland I imagine not all of them would have a say.

How about ireland ?

Waz

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Is that viable how much population does these islands have since they’re threatening with independence from scotland ? If there existencial threats to scotland I imagine not all of them would have a say.

How about ireland ?

Around 50,000 in total. However if population is a prerequisite for independence then Scotland shouldn't bother, it only has 5.4 million people, with the fastest ageing population in the UK.....

It's the strategic nature of these islands, and how important they are for the Scottish economy which is very worrying for the nationalists, ironic to say the least.

Anyway, back to topic. Where are the French?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ah yes shetland danish/nowegian before scotland got them. It’s a matter of time before they get autonomy.

Scotland does seem to have some social problems, but they still have a strategic location, and there should be plenty og ressources in the highlands. But I honestly don’t know much about their internal problems.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I know @Waz or @Kaptaan said that Scotland would probably lose some islands out of it’s coast to UK and important fishing rights, but is EU membership really such an important criteria for Scotland, considering UK island off of France coast has no territorial water I’d imagine a similar solution could be found for Scotland.

But what I’m interested in understanding is what ressources does Scotland have, I get the impression that most ppl from England think Scotland is a failed social wellfare dumpster, though it’s just my impression.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
social wellfare dumpster
Ahhh aha they are a good people even if prone too much fatty foods, alcohol etc. But on a serious note the driver behind the Scots for independance is two factors -

• the feeling that oil and gas resources of North Sea would by large measure go to them and they could be the Arabs of the north like Norway.

Norway is in the global top 7 exporters of crude oil. The oil and gas sector constitutes around 18% of Norwegian GDP and 62% of Norwegian exports in 2018. Norway is Western Europe's most important source of natural gas.

• the differantiated manner which the typical Scot votes. They tend to be overwhelmingly on the left of the political spectrum. What this means is when we get right wing Tory governments in UK the Scots are left out because they rarely vote for Conservatives. This means 10 Downing Street rarely reflects their needs. To a degree the devolved government in Scotland has offset this because it can better reflect the needs of north of the border.
On another note the Scots have produced enormous number of inventors and thinkers. Maybe something to do with the dour, damp, miserable weather up there but certainly you will many a invention with a Scot behind it.

If there ever was a validation that Brexit was the right decision for UK the recent pandemic is proof of that. The way the UK government dealt with the vaccine issue compared to the blundering by EU leaves no doubt if there was any that Brexit was the best thing to do. Besides anything tell me why my tax pouns should go to support some Eastern European country?

Compared to rest of EU including fine countries like Germany, Denmark, France etc UK is way ahead in the vaccine roll out. My mum and dad got done in early January. I got mine week ago. This week my son and daughter at 23 and 21 got theirs as they work in sensitve government jobs.

As soon as this pandemic eases and I am looking forward to spring because I think in UK we will be free from this curse because we should have at least 50% vaccine protection the economy will bounce back like a coiled spring.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom