Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great news !!!

I read somewhere that people don't get to choose with which vaccine to be injected with, maybe it was in Turkey or Denmark.

But in that case I hope patients with covid will have the vaccine tested on a bloodsamples for determining which is most effective.

I would hate it if they're going to just inject ppl and see the results (I know it's the fastest way to determining whether it works or not). Just like in the drama series House.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some fun facts:
Two of the founders and key people at German firm BioNtech, Ugur Sahin and Ozlem Tureci have Turkish roots.

CEO of Pfizer (BioNtech’s partner) Albert Bourla is a veterinarian with Greek roots.

Chairman of Moderna (BioNTech’s American rival also using mRNA method) Noubar Afeyan has Lebanese-Armenian roots...

Turkey has ordered the Sinovac vaccine and it’s health experts talk about the Chinese vaccine like they are a sales department of China. Most of the West seems to be more interested in the BioNtech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I read somewhere that people don't get to choose with which vaccine to be injected with, maybe it was in Turkey or Denmark.
This is about trust. Do we as citizens trust our health officials or not. I happen to trust the NHS. And I have implicit trust in the system that is now delivering this life saver to the vulnerable and wqeak. We lost nearly 60k people in UK. There is always going to be conspiracy theorists.

I applied for and got a antibody test appointment [with 24 hours of applying] with NHS. I personally think I got covid back in February which at the time I thought was flu. I hope to get results soon. It does appear that after a slow start thinkings are moving in UK.

And life will return to normal again.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Two of the founders and key people at German firm BioNtech, Ugur Sahin and Ozlem Tureci have Turkish roots
Yes, I am aware of that.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, I am aware of that.

I suppose what I was getting at is, what do you get when you put 2 Turks, a Greek and an Armenian in a room? War? Probably but, also a Covid vaccine..
There’s an article somewhere online pointing out that the rivalry between the Greeks and Turks has even made its way in to the vaccine race. Greeks are praising their own Bourla for his genius in teaming up with BioNtech whilst down playing the Turkish connection and calling Sahin and Tureci Germans. Then there’s the Lebanese-Armenian immigrant Afeyan who has been show to be America’s version of Ugur Sahin in some pro-Armenian articles even though he’s just and investor..,

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom