Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment. If you see Greece as our arch enemy, what would you say is Iran for Saudi Arabia? In their case, the opponent has the ability to cause them serious and lasting damage. The Saudis could easily accuse you of funding the Iranian regime given all the energy we import from the Iranians.

We should treat inquiries of this kind like professionals. This is a potential business transaction. If the price is right and we're able to maintain a technological edge in our region, it's our duty to sell whatever we have in our product catalogue and inventory like there's no tomorrow.

Always remember, the first sale is of outstanding importance. It builds long lasting loyalty between customer and producer. It plays a key role in introducing the Saudis to the Turkish ecosystem of defense products which are always complementing each other.

It could be our door opener for many more sales to come.
The problem here is that if the Arabs betrayed such trust and sold such technology to Turkey's arch enemies like Greece. Never believe in Arabs, if History is anything to go by, then it is quite clear that Arab history is filled with treachery and treason

We can sell them finished products like missiles or whatever; however, selling know-how is something that should never be done

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 998
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The problem here is that if the Arabs betrayed such trust and sold such technology to Turkey's arch enemies like Greece. Never believe in Arabs, if History is anything to go by, then it is quite clear that all of the Arab history is filled with treachery and treason

We can sell them finished products like missiles or whatever; however, selling know-how is something that should never be done
Yeah, very true.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The problem here is that if the Arabs betrayed such trust and sold such technology to Turkey's arch enemies like Greece. Never believe in Arabs, if History is anything to go by, then it is quite clear that all of the Arab history is filled with treachery and treason

Why in God's name should the Saudis sell our missiles or Know How to Greece? What will Saudi Arabia gain from such a betrayal? No manufacturer of weapons will treat them like normal customers once this happens. Why would they risk their access to defense products on a global scale? Why lose your privileged relationship with Turkish defense companies? Why choose unimportant Greece over a major nation like Turkey?

It's 2023. For good or for bad, the Ottoman Empire is gone. We should move forward.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why in God's name should the Saudis sell our missiles or Know How to Greece? What will Saudi Arabia gain from such a betrayal? No manufacturer of weapons will treat them like normal customers once this happens. Why would they risk their access to defense products on a global scale? Why lose your privileged relationship with Turkish defense companies? Why choose unimportant Greece over a major nation like Turkey?

It's 2023. For good or for bad, the Ottoman Empire is gone. We should move forward.
I totally disagree with you. We can sell but mustn't share any knowledge.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Technology transfer includes variety of scientific areas from computer science to fluid dynamic or even includes assembly lines in military purchase.
Of course Turkiye would not share any critical technology for the sales of a missile where buyer cannot even have infrastructure to develop its own.
For example, nowadays Turkiye negotiates for sampt anti ballistic variant for potential technology transfer and co production. Because, we already have almost as effective as sampt sam batteries and we ll develop our anti ballistic capable version in future as well. If eurosam agrees for cooperation we could achieve desired results much faster.
For Tfx engine production, we negotiate with RR, in a kind of similar conditions like Saudi's interests but not that bad given our aviation technology capabilities.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We shouldn't give them ToT even with money. For years we said we came here by scraping with our nails here ( I don't know if it's the full English equivalent, though :) ) and now I don't want to believe that we are giving them the diamond in the queen's crown...

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

...you don't know much Saudi Arabia's flip-flopping loyalty, do you? They even throw the US under the bus on occasion when we piss them off, what makes you think they won't do that to Turkey?

Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia are desperately trying to diversify away from depending on resource trading for their economy and I disagree with handing them an escape rope - let them climb out of the pit on their own if they can.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
...you don't know much Saudi Arabia's flip-flopping loyalty, do you? They even throw the US under the bus on occasion when we piss them off, what makes you think they won't do that to Turkey?

Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia are desperately trying to diversify away from depending on resource trading for their economy and I disagree with handing them an escape rope - let them climb out of the pit on their own if they can.
You're throwing everything together and mixing it up to win the argument. We were talking about a very specific deal about a certain type of missile.

The Saudis have never revealed or shared any secret related to any US weapon system purchased by the Saudi military. Period.

I didn't demand giving away our tech for a couple peanuts. I assumed that people on a defense forum would know about the technicalities of such agreements including contractual obligations and penalties for very specific and carefully carved out conditions set by the provider of the system.

There are billion ways of making sure the Saudis are pulling their weight in a potential deal like making them leave a downpayment on the table for future TFX sales.

I'm sorry but the real world outside of this forum is different. Whether we agree to share tech with the Saudis depends on the agreement made between Ankara and Riyadh. You can't categorically say no to the world's largest arms importer and deny negotiations when you don't know what the Saudis are going to offer you. This is not an online game.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our technology can make money, make us allies, ward off competition, improve our security while also it can stay ahead of competition. Brilliant.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
You're throwing everything together and mixing it up to win the argument. We were talking about a very specific deal about a certain type of missile.

The Saudis have never revealed or shared any secret related to any US weapon system purchased by the Saudi military. Period.

I didn't demand giving away our tech for a couple peanuts. I assumed that people on a defense forum would know about the technicalities of such agreements including contractual obligations and penalties for very specific and carefully carved out conditions set by the provider of the system.

There are billion ways of making sure the Saudis are pulling their weight in a potential deal like making them leave a downpayment on the table for future TFX sales.

I'm sorry but the real world outside of this forum is different. Whether we agree to share tech with the Saudis depends on the agreement made between Ankara and Riyadh. You can't categorically say no to the world's largest arms importer and deny negotiations when you don't know what the Saudis are going to offer you. This is not an online game.
I'm not throwing anything together. I literally only said that Saudi Arabia has flip-flopping loyalties and I'm not wrong. Weapons given to Saudis magically end up in the hands of forces that then kill US soldiers. There's a reason no other mid to high-level power gives Saudis any tech transfers for anything that's not at least 50 years out of date because they understand that once that technology is out there no contract in the world is gonna safeguard them. Selling weapon systems is one thing, transferring know-how is another.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,012
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
How thick do we have to be sell expertise to the Saudis.

Gulf Arab countries have already began to setting up their own defence industries to get a head start they have been buying left and right even demanding tot at a high price.

Even if the west is not giving them anything they are looking into other countries. Turkiye is now an interest due to Nato tech and quality.

Lets not be naive the Gulf Arabs are using their money to get a head start when that time comes they will easily say goodbye.

Buying will not easily set you up a military industry because it takes decades if not centuries to build yourself a MIC.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tusaş
67EEEF21-DA6A-44B9-ACB3-97342281DFF7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,957
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
$15 billion or nothing.

Jokes aside, selling missiles is alright but i'm totally against ToT, no matter who it is. They can buy ATMACA for +20% (friendship bonus), instead western AShM for double the price for each missile.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Let's hope that this Altay tank deal fail

So are friend @Lool stay happy and Altay secrets won't be leaked by Arabs as he mentioned 💪💪

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom