Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
TAI is in negotiation on the export of T-625 with several countries. Bids are worth several billion USD, positive news are expected soon. - from Mr. Kotil himself.

In the meantime, the delivery of the first 3 units has been delayed till Q4 2023. :mad: I don't get why they say soon soon. I really hope they don't do another Hurkus on this one.

@Afif, updated with source

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,180
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Koral EW system was sold to Morocco. Confirmed by the Moroccan media aswell as turkish media channels like TRT arab. We took our notes from the turkish experience in Syria combining MALE drone such as Anka with EW capability in the air, and using the koral EW on the ground.
Is there any restriction from Türkiye regarding the use of such a system ? We don't want other countries to know anything about Türkiye's EW capability even it is a reduced export version.After all, Land-based EW solutions are a capability that carries Türkiye to another place in the world while everyone was prefering Air-based EW solutions.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,675
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is there any restriction from Türkiye regarding the use of such a system ?
There's no way to know this. It's not even clear if the system is physically in Morocco. We all saw the export news in 2021 but until this year, MİT was very hush hush about the whole complex. I'm not buying it until I see the system deployed in Morocco.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
I'd like to read up on that if you have some kind of source for that claim.

Probably talking about this picture , some say it's not what it represent and some say it's BS

EaDWgN7XgAUpapS.jpg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,410
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
That comes as a surprise to me as this combo is generally used to counter semi-regular forces with Russian air defence systems. I wasn't aware Morocco (potentially) having this problem.

Can you expand on the threat perception of Morocco? Is it the destabilization in Sahel?
100%! Morocco has also excellent relationship with Azerbaijan, and i would not be suprised if azerbaijan has also shared data, and other critical information to Morocco regarding the karabagh war.

Biggest threath of Morocco is unfortanely our neighbors in the east that possess all types of Russian air defense systems. Koral EW with Akinci/TB2 would be a deadly addition to the other EW, and drones that Morocco possess from other countries.

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,410
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
the most potent link i found on the matter is this one:
and this article's source is globaldefensecorp.
the article says marocco bought a Koral EW for 50 million usd.

so here is my point, if Koral was available for export market why only sell it to morocco, i can list at least 5 countries that are closer allies that would have bought it right away.

second point , if Koral was to be exported Aselsan would have marketed it as avalaible in different defence fairs it participated.never seen it

the price point seems fishy, i mean 50M$ for such battle tested system, when you guys probably paid between 4-7M$ for a TB2. most likely between 120-200$M

Marocco is buddy buddy with Israel, the israelis have pretty much a monopoly in the defence architecture of morocco in the desert, don't think Turkey would let such a system, even a downgraded version close to any israeli friend country.

last point we have never seen any evidence of such deployment in any exercice, never seen any picture, even any OSINT sat picture of such.

Unless seen any evidence, i will keep assuming that Koral was not exported to Morocco.

Finally assuming Morocco has one the largest drone fleet in the world is also a bit weird, i am pretty sure Iran has a larger fleet than morocco. not even mentioning the top players.

let's agree to disagree here
Morocco, and Turkiye has excellent bond. We have a long history with each other, and i can not make an comment why Turkiye has choosed to export it to Morocco, and not their «5» other allies. The Moroccan millitary complex make deals in high secrecy so its not suprising that Aselsan have not published it.

No need to mention Israel in this discussion, everyone are going for their own interest. TB2/Koral EW was on the table before the huge cooperation with Israel that started publically in 2022.

Morocco are not open like the Turkish MOD. Morocco will only showcase its weapon to the public to show a message to its enemies, and thats in extremely rare cases.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,410
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Is there any restriction from Türkiye regarding the use of such a system ? We don't want other countries to know anything about Türkiye's EW capability even it is a reduced export version.After all, Land-based EW solutions are a capability that carries Türkiye to another place in the world while everyone was prefering Air-based EW solutions.
I would assume that we find mutual trust between Morocco, and Turkiye to begin with. I dont think Morocco would procure it if strings where attached. The magnitude of the deals show the level of relation between the countries, however we live in a very complicated world. Hopefully we will see stronger cooperation between the two states.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,410
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
There has been alot of talk regarding the Koral EW export to Morocco. Luckily enough i got the chance to confirm the deal for you guys😁 The Koral EW was indeed procured, and i got confirmation from my own reliable sources.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
TAI is in negotiation on the export of T-625 with several countries. Bids are worth several billion USD, positive news are expected soon. - from Mr. Kotil himself.

In the meantime, the delivery of the first 3 units has been delayed till Q4 2023. :mad: I don't get why they say soon soon. I really hope they don't do another Hurkus on this one.

@Afif, updated with source

Update on the export bid for T-625.

32x T-625 has been offered to an undisclosed country. Delivery with TS-1400 engines in 2025.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

MQ-9 is not a scam but Netherland got scammed.🤣🤣

Americans are literally no different to Ferrari.

Lots of strings attached while scamming their customers. I mean Im a big time Ferrari fanatic even I know what pricks they can be..

Usa is no different in this regards.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,852
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Afghanistan's Minister of Defence has met with the Turkish ambassador a couple of times now in recent months. Afghanistan is interested in air defence assets to combat foreign UAVs (American and Iranian) which are operating over Afghanistan. Hopefully we will see Hisar O in Afghanistan soon, if we can convince Turkiye to sell.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,544
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Afghanistan's Minister of Defence has met with the Turkish ambassador a couple of times now in recent months. Afghanistan is interested in air defence assets to combat foreign UAVs (American and Iranian) which are operating over Afghanistan. Hopefully we will see Hisar O in Afghanistan soon, if we can convince Turkiye to sell.

I don’t think Turkiye will sell any weapons to Afghanistan, especially air defense systems.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I don’t think Turkiye will sell any weapons to Afghanistan, especially air defense systems.

Turkish firms recently got lucrative mining contracts (a long with companies from other countries) in $6.56 billion FDI contracts.

I guess you’ll never know. Things could change quickly now that we have a competent government.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom