Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Officials during the signing of on MoU between Ministry of Defence and Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL), Visakhapatnam for acquisition of five fleet support ships (FSS) for the Indian Navy on August 25, 2023. | Photo Credit: PTI

hDoE6G.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,615
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,408
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Yes, after The MQ-9 Deal with The US is frozen, morocco looks for alternatives, and the akinci with all it's munition seems A logical choice after buying The TB2.
I can not comment much on it, however the MQ-9 deal is not a frozen deal for Morocco. I dont know if Akinci will be acquired since we have went now for both Chinese, and Israeli drones.
Plus after morocco bought 12 TB2 drones, the Numbers has rised To 36 TB2
Minimum 36😊

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
I can not comment much on it, however the MQ-9 deal is not a frozen deal for Morocco. I dont know if Akinci will be acquired since we have went now for both Chinese, and Israeli drones.
Israeli drones are mostly kamikaze drones and recon only, chinese we have only MALE WL-2 Drones.

Poland is also choosing Wether to buy MQ-9B or akinci since

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Yes, after The MQ-9 Deal with The US is frozen, morocco looks for alternatives, and the akinci with all it's munition seems A logical choice after buying The TB2.

Congrats guys

It's better for Morocco to cancel the MQ-9 Deal and go for akinci. the MQ-9 is a scam

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,615
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1- Better price
2- better payload
3- huge potential ( can be EW drone with Aselsan pods, can be air superiority drone, maybe naval variant in the future )
4- way better ammunitions

Not agree with 2 and 4 but other points you mentioned only make Akinci technically a better choice. But not necessarily make MQ-9 a scam.

5- Turkey > USA

Morocco is US strategic ally in Africa. While they have good relations with Türkiye they may value security relation with USA more. Apart From that they also has other political considerations. For example, they bought Israeli PULS and American Himars despite being similar Turkish products available. (TRG-230, TRG-300, Khan) And they bought wing loo instead of Anka. Which was little surprising to me initially but I realised they have broader ambitions.

Also, there are other technical considerations too.
For example, MQ-9 can be networked through data link with moroccan F-16 fleet and newly acquired AH-64E Apache. And this is a very important advantage that Akinci does not offer.

In a nutshell, the choice is not very obvious. It all depends on Moroccan decision making And how they evaluate the pros And cons in line with their requirements.

Anyway, I am happy to see if they chooses the Akinci.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom