Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
İf so ,any f-155 is impossible,just like Altay.

We use so much still unfinished project to foreign bid just like Hurjet and firtina.İ think our company knew that can't win but to promote.
I think the Fırtına engines can be ready earlier, there is no official date I know of for the engine, but it has been at advanced stages already. So there must be a point why BMC is in the tender. Besides that, perhaps a hybrid solution can be offered too.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,674
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That‘s correct. 12 factory new K9 and 36 refurbished vehicles from ROK army inventory. Annual production capacity in Korea estimated ~200 K9.

Is Firtina I or II in the tender? If it is first T-155 model than the assembly kits have to be obtained from Hanwha (350 total in license contract, 280 produced in Türkiye, next 70 to be built with assembly kits from Korea). German embargo: STX isn’t allowed to deliver licensed MTU engines to Türkiye.

Afaik Firtina II is almost free of license agreement with Korean companies.
Photo used by the Romanian source is that of Fırtına II(see the RCWS) and doubt BMC would offer Fırtına I.

Tbh and in the odd chance Fırtına wins this tender, I doubt we'll see it with the local engine.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Photo used by the Romanian source is that of Fırtına II(see the RCWS) and doubt BMC would offer Fırtına I.

Tbh and in the odd chance Fırtına wins this tender, I doubt we'll see it with the local engine.
Twitter post of military hobby bloggers 😅, could be a mistakenly taken photo from a Google search …

You think Germans would lift their engine embargo for Romania, it ain‘t Saudi Arabia or UAE 🤔?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Bogeyman @TheInsider is Yusuf Akbaba reliable?
Looks like he tweeted that, Bangladesh bought Counter-UAS system from Türkiye.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 465
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That‘s correct. 12 factory new K9 and 36 refurbished vehicles from ROK army inventory. Annual production capacity in Korea estimated ~200 K9.

Is Firtina I or II in the tender? If it is first T-155 model than the assembly kits have to be obtained from Hanwha (350 total in license contract, 280 produced in Türkiye, next 70 to be built with assembly kits from Korea). German embargo: STX isn’t allowed to deliver licensed MTU engines to Türkiye.

Afaik Firtina II is almost free of license agreement with Korean companies.
As far as I know there are 280 Fırtına in Turkish land forces invebtory. What happened to total order?

Chocopie

Contributor
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
As far as I know there are 280 Fırtına in Turkish land forces invebtory. What happened to total order?
If I remember correctly the engine embargo kicked in after 280 Firtina I. Exports to Saudis were prevented from Germany then.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 221
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Instead of or in addition to KSA, Azerbaijan and Qatar was also rumored. And maybe Pakistan too. I couldn't remember as of know.

Afaik numbers are 210 Fırtına & 70 Poyraz.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,366
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

TOLUN small diameter bomb will be soon operational and made the first export deal.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,366
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Man in the loop TOLUN IIR. When will it be operational and with Akinci or F16 it will be exported like shoarma....

1695929035313.png

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,674
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't know if this market can hold 5-6 different vehicles lol

More news on the tender from july. still in progress.

It will be a G2G sale.

Last edited:

Chocopie

Contributor
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Don't know if this market can hold 5-6 different vehicles lol

More news on the tender from july. still in progress.
K806/808 aren’t great platforms (wheeled vehicles aren‘t ROK strong points), first a private venture project, many variants were deployed with the cheapest configuration possible in ROK Army.

Out of all 5 I would choose Polish license-build Rosomak version, a very good armored vehicle but could be the most expensive with the Canadian LAV III (or LAV6 upgrade?).

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

United to win: Turkish defense company Baykar to invest $100 million to build drone factory in Ukraine​

The Turkish company Baykar plans to invest $100 million in three projects in Ukraine.

Baykar CEO Haluk Bayraktar announced this on Friday at the International Defense Industries Forum in Kyiv, Ukrinform reports.

What is the problem?

Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have become the major weapon of warfare in the Russian-Ukrainian war. A large-scale confrontation of drones has unfolded on the front line.

They are consistently used by the Ukrainian military for combat and reconnaissance, so they often get damaged or destroyed in hostilities, and soldiers need replacements.

Strike drone production in Ukraine has become crucial for supplying Ukrainian soldiers with needed capabilities, which effectively damage the enemy on the battlefield.

Not only UAVs but also land, surface, and underwater drones are being actively developed in Ukraine. By the end of the current year, Ukraine wants to increase drone production by 140 times.

What is the solution?

Türkiye joined the drone development and production in Ukraine. Baykar, the manufacturer of Bayraktar TB2 attack drones, plans to invest $100 million in three projects, which include a factory, a service center, and a head office.

How does it work?

According to Baykar CEO Haluk Bayraktar, the construction, which will take about 1.5 years to complete, has already started.

"We plan to employ at least 300 people here. Cooperation continues," Bayraktar said.
He highlighted that the production would be self-sufficient, ecological, and mutually beneficial since Ukraine has unique engine technologies, and the Turkish company produces drones on which the engines are installed.

"We also face some challenges," Baykar's CEO added. "These are the supply chain, finding human capital due to the impact of the war and developing regulations that will support these investments."
Baykartar noted that the current war had become a war of drones. Ukraine has some advantages because it uses various types of vehicles.

Байрактар

He added that feedback from the Ukrainian military on using the Baykar technology is especially important. Based on soldiers' responses, the Bayraktar drones used in Ukraine were equipped with several unique systems.

The defense company's CEO also recalled the fundraising campaigns initiated by volunteers in Ukraine, Poland, and Lithuania to purchase Bayraktar drones for the Ukrainian army. Impressed by people's united resilience, Baykar donated drones to Ukraine instead of accepting the payment. All donations raised in the campaigns were used, in particular, to purchase radar systems that have already detected thousands of targets and brought significant results on the battlefield.

"These donations amounted to $106 million," Bayraktar reported.
Rubryka reported that in July of this year, the Turkish company Baykar started building a factory to produce Bayraktar strike drones in Ukraine.

Before that, Baykar received license permits from the Turkish government to establish the production of two drone types in Ukraine — Bayraktar TB2 and Akıncı.

Ukraine has signed three contracts with the Turkish company Baykar.

Edit- Not sure if it would be more suitable in this thread or in 'Foreign policy and geopolitics'. For now just leaving it here.

Back to the topic, It is a significant development in my opinion. @TR_123456 @Sanchez @Heartbang @Agha Sher @Bogeyman et al.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
More on this from @SavunmaSanayiST.com

Haluk Bayraktar detail at the closed meeting in Ukraine​

News CenterSeptember 30, 2023
1 minute reading time

Haluk-Bayraktar

Haluk Bayraktar drew attention at the closed meeting held by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenski with representatives of 13 leading defense industry companies in the world.
Baykar General Manager Haluk Bayraktar attended the 1st International Defense Industry Forum held in Kiev. Along with the forum, the 'Defense Industry Alliance' and 'Defense Fund' established by Ukraine were also announced for the first time.

Through the established fund, the world's leading defense industry companies will enable the development of some critical defense products in Ukraine. For this purpose, a meeting was held in Kiev with the participation of representatives from 13 international defense industry companies. At the closed format meeting attended by Ukrainian President Zelenski and government members, Turkey was represented by BAYKAR General Manager Haluk Bayraktar.

100 million dollar investment in Ukraine​

BAYKAR, which has had good relations with Ukraine for a long time, continues the construction activities of its factory in Ukraine in line with the decision taken before the war. BAYKAR is investing 100 million dollars in Ukraine for three projects, including the factory, which is planned to be completed within 1.5 years.

In the statement made by Haluk Bayraktar regarding the issue, “We have three main investments in Ukraine. One of them is the factory. Then we have a service center and a headquarters office here. This investment, which is around 100 million dollars, has already started. Construction has already started. It will take about a year and a half to finish. We aim to employ at least 300 people here. And we have an ongoing collaboration.” said.

New Agreement with Ukraine for MIUS Engines

Bayraktar also stated that since Ukraine has unique technologies for engine production and Turkey has unmanned aerial vehicles on which these engines are installed, this production will be self-sufficient, ecological and mutually beneficial.

According to Haluk Bayraktar; the current war has become a war of drones, and Ukraine has some advantages here, including the use of various types of aircraft, although difficult to implement. Feedback from the military on the use of technology is particularly important under these circumstances. For this reason, Bayraktars used in Ukraine are equipped with a number of unique systems.

MhhJA

Reactions
2 265
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't have a good feeling about this, investing $100 Mio. while Ukraine is at war seems quite risky for me.
Besides that why aren't we hearing anything about "Black Sea Shield" ?
"And we have an ongoing collaboration."
Could this be a remark for it?

I hope we will get what we need in return.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom