Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,264
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seems there is also possibility for another unannounced contract deals with our MoD doesn't like to publish
It's probably because the Turkish government requested them not to announce the deal (yet?).

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a good sign Tajikistan turned to Türkiye for weapons purchase while they could buy from competitors.

I don't think we should sell to them, considering the frequent border clashes with Kyrgyzstan they tend to have. I understand business is business but as some point we need to lay foundations for lasting influence and a loyal customer with a fellow Turkic country.

Seems like a lot of people agree with me on that, lets hope Turkish policy makers have the same mindset.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's probably because the Turkish government requested them not to announce the deal (yet?).

Big Possibility come from our side

The current administration doesn't like to announced their major weapon purchase much in the public, unless too high profile items involved, like AAW Frigates, or fighter. Heck they even doesn't give much publication of C130J or OPV purchase till the first airframe or keel laying already in assembly line.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

FNSS and PT Pindad to Cooperate in Armoured Amphibious Assault Vehicle​

1651098212932.png

Turkish defense company FNSS and the Indonesian state-owned defense company PT Pindad will cooperate to produce armored amphibious assault vehicles. A new Armoured Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAAV) could potentially be the answer for a replacement for Indonesia marine’s aging amphibious assault vehicles. The cooperation agreement was signed in Indonesia on April 20th, where Indonesian President Joko Widodo, accompanied by the Minister of Defence, Prabowo Subianto, attended the signing ceremony. The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the joint production of Armoured Amphibious Assault Vehicle products was signed by the President Director of PT Pindad, Abraham Mose, with the Country Manager, Tolga Sipahi General representing the Manager & CEO of FNSS Turkey.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I don't think we should sell to them, considering the frequent border clashes with Kyrgyzstan they tend to have. I understand business is business but as some point we need to lay foundations for lasting influence and a loyal customer with a fellow Turkic country.

Seems like a lot of people agree with me on that, lets hope Turkish policy makers have the same mindset.
This is just my 2 cents
But going from the way Turkey is promoting its defense industry in Africa, I believe that the Turkish government is trying to make Tajikistan depend on Turkey for weapons as an alternative to Russia, Iran, and China; thus, ending up influencing Tajikistan behind the scenes

The same concept is being applied by the US and Russian army these days. Whoever they wanna support, they just keep pouring them with weapons and voila....... they become dependent on the weapon-supplying countries in the future

The ppl did create havoc recently due to rising fuel prices, I believe, and this means that the new Tajikistan's govt will have to take care and try to ask or improve relations with other countries; thus, Turkey may be trying to appeal itself as the prime alternative

It is not a bad idea but I honestly dont think that Turkey has the resources to succeed in such an endeavour right now. Yes in 10 years from now, it may be possible as the TSK will be more indigenous and more sophisticated but drones alone, right now, wont be sufficient

But for now, it seems that Turkey is just screwing over for influence which isnt a good thing at all since Turkey is literally arming those who will eventually become its enemies

This article does prove my point, albeit being a bit too long👇

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Tajikistan is a state founded on Samani heritage. The knowledge and awareness of Iranianism is widespread in its society. Aside from the conflict with Kyrgyzstan, they see the whole of Uzbekistan as Tajik lands occupied by the Turks.

AKP likes to help Enemies of the Turks everywhere disgusting.

Apart from supporting PKK tajiks see Turks as Invaders and occupiers why are we even giving these scums anything?

@Ryder @Tonyukuk
When did Tajikistan support PKK? I've known and lived with a fair few Tajiks, they are generally OK with Turks, even supported Azerbaijan's struggle in Karabakh.

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When did Tajikistan support PKK? I've known and lived with a fair few Tajiks, they are generally OK with Turks, even supported Azerbaijan's struggle in Karabakh.
even in Turkiye, there are at least 10 million militants-militias-terrorists who support pkk terrorism, and such an accusation against tajikistan would be unfair.

if sanctions are to be imposed on someone, the inside of the house must be clean first.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
i think everyone would agree about one thing in this topic that It is necessary to be very careful about defence exports to two hostile countries, both of which you are close to.
In order to make a good estimate on this issue, we need to consider the issue in all its aspects. You all present different aspects of the event in this regard, and none of them are wrong.
When I put all the aspects presented here together, I estimate that this export was not such a good decision. Of course, time will tell us the final results.

Avanti

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
They have small militaries I think Turkey could very easily tip the balance in favor of Kırgızistan. However current government hasn't shown any interest to support them against Tajikistan as, far as I know.

Why not work hard to gain influence in Turkic countries I have no idea. Especially now when everyone realized Russia is not the soviet union and far from a superpower

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Because, our government is a arablover. Already, we Turks are second class citizenship, as well in our country.
Arab lover or not, I don't know but what that statement got to do with the sale of tb2 to Tajikistan? Yet another opportunity to repear something which your only thought? Anyway it is better to build influence and match Iran, as recall a few days ago Mullahstan made an agreement with Azerbaijan. Turbo Diesel Mullahs could have said " F it, Azeris are Turkish stooges" but they didn't. Believe me there is a way to counter Turbo Diesel Mullahs if you are smart enough. Just to leave it like that is not the solution, it is counter productive

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,838
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
About Tajikistan, they can buy it from China or Iran. Which means, more influence of that countries within Tajikistan and out of our control. Which were no problem, if they were Türkiye friendly. Or with Turkish weapons, within our influence and control. Which options sounds better?

Top Bottom