DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,392
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Guys! I understand your pride and you have the right to be proud!
Of course, brilliant Turkish engineers and strategic planners should the first one to have the credit for all of it.

But let's not forgot, Turkish defense industry developed through FREE MARKET by foreign cooperation and technology transfers.

so, why denying friendly countries the same chance ?

two days ago at conference Turkish ambassador Mustafa Usman Turan was deliberately saying turkey is always open to technology transfer and joint ventures with Bangladesh.
and i think the same desire exist in Ankara when it comes to Malaysia and Indonesia.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAE is not friendly at all. and ME countries in general, and i say this in regards to their foreign policy, spineless.(for the lack of a better term)

ToT with Bangladesh is A-OK.
ToT with Malaysia is A-OK.
ToT with Indonesia is A-OK.
ToT with anyone other than ME countries (with Qatar being an exception) are A-OK.

as for ME countries, one must think it through twice, thrice, maybe more. make sure the deal is airtight, then its OK.

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the question you mentioned is something that the leadership has to calculate together with the intelligence services.
And in an ideal world together with diplomatic corps (known to be “able guys” of any state) which we have been neglecting for the last two decades and almost totally destroyed by nobody else but us unfortunately.
That’s why said I’m curious of how TR will handle it without the mentioned tool

Of course, brilliant Turkish engineers and strategic planners should the first one to have the credit for all of it.

But let's not forgot, Turkish defense industry developed through FREE MARKET by foreign cooperation and technology transfers.

two days ago at conference Turkish ambassador Mustafa Usman Turan was deliberately saying turkey is always open to technology transfer and joint ventures with Bangladesh.
and i think the same desire exist in Ankara when it comes to Malaysia and Indonesia.
Afif maybe there’s a misunderstanding here as TR is not shy of providing technological advancements to friendly countries.
It’s a dilemma Turkey faces where she might choose a partnership with a friendly country which happens to be in a conflict with another friendly country

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,392
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
UAE is not friendly at all. and ME countries in general, and i say this in regards to their foreign policy, spineless.(for the lack of a better term)

ToT with Bangladesh is A-OK.
ToT with Malaysia is A-OK.
ToT with Indonesia is A-OK.
ToT with anyone other than ME countries are A-OK.

as for ME countries, one must think it through twice, thrice, maybe more. make sure the deal is airtight, then its OK.
No, of course UAE is not a friendly country. They are just muslim version of Israel.

I was talking about the reluctance of some friends here, even when it comes to the actual allies!

I agree with your conclusion on middle east, except I think Qatar can be considered is Turkey's trusted partner.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,329
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

The ToT what you call from the west was most parts assembly line, the parts came from the country and put it together in your own country. Foreign cooperation is to a certain level, after that you can ask as much you can but they will give you nothing.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,392
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The ToT what you call from the west was most parts assembly line, the parts came from the country and put it together in your own country. Foreign cooperation is to a certain level, after that you can ask as much you can but they will give you nothing.
I am not sure about that.

Tai manufacturered 75% of the parts for f16 in turkey. And also, they manufactured the main fuselage of f35 in turkey.
TEI Also now manufacturing 60% of T701 engine
These weren't just assembly.
And iirc TEI alos got help from GE in additive manufacturing technology.

there was also some TOT regarding 'type 214' as turkey building all six of the submarines locally.
And with TSG anadolu I also believe there was some TOT included.

Aselsan even manufacturerd T/R modules for thales radars.
Roketsan manufactured parts for essm and stinger missiles in the past.

Some of nato standard rifles from us and germnay were also mass manufactured in turkey.

I think these were serious collaboration in the past which contributed lot to the Turkish defence industry.
But of course, nowadays for political reasons west became very embargo happy against Turkey.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,329
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Tai manufacturered 75% of the parts for f16 in turkey. And also, they manufactured the main fuselage of f35 in turkey.

there was also some TOT regarding 'type 214' as turkey building all six of the submarines locally.

Aselsanan even manufacturerd T/R modules for thales radars.

Some of nato standard rifles from us and germnay were also mass manufactured in turkey.

I think these were serious collaboration in the past which contributed lot to turkish defence industry.

Untill we came to that level we did assemble parts, they never will give you the technology to make a seeker of missile or T/R modules for radars. Ther is 40 years of R&D program behind all that success, from mission computer to FLIR thats all own input not ToT.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,392
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Untill we came to that level we did assemble parts, they never will give you the technology to make a seeker of missile or T/R modules for radars. Ther is 40 years of R&D program behind all that success, from mission computer to FLIR thats all own input not ToT.
I agree, when it comes to nano tech and critical electronic components they very rarely do any TOT.
So turkey has to develop these on its own.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Aselsan even manufacturerd T/R modules for thales radars.

I think these were serious collaboration in the past which contributed lot to the Turkish defence industry.
But of course, nowadays for political reasons west became very embargo happy against Turkey.

There is no transfer of knowledge or experience in any of the collaborations you mentioned. Nobody transfers critical technologies to any country anyway. It is mostly assembly and some body/component outsourcing/production works done under the name of technology transfer. The know-how is obtained in exchange for decades of effort in the companies we mentioned and these companies know that some of the pieces they have transfered for production at their local partners with fancy ToT sentences will not actually benefit the technology of that country. What they do is take advantage of cheap labor to cut costs, but in return, they request extra money for local production.

With the F16, TAI learned the assembly of parts manufactured in the USA. If we had actually produced a fighter jet or gained this knowledge at that time, we wouldnt have spent so much time on domestic fighter aircraft projects we have carried out after the 40 years passed from F16 production.
Aselsan has integrated its own TR modules into Thales radars. Tahles didn't share TRM tech to Aselsan.
HY80 high tensile steel technology developed in 1963 and produced by Austuria for our U209/214s were sent for Turkish submarine projects and we just learned how to weld them in Turkey. Nobody gave the formulation of these steel tech to Turkey but at the moment Turkey is testing HY130 steel for its own submarine project.

Roketsan took part in the ESSM project in many areas like TVC, Guidance, Actuators, earhead but was assigned to carry out the engineering tasks and productions under the giant companies such as Thales, BAE and Raytheon which developed the main knowledge and technology of sections. Nobody gave Roketsan the composite fuel formula or the technology of the precision components that make guidance of ESSM precision. These technologies were developed gradually 20-25 years after the ESSM partnership.

Production technologies transferred to TEI developed in parallel with TEI's own capabilities and investments. The biggest technological achievement TEI has gained from abroad is the Blisk technology and they now apply it to domestic projects. Apart from this, dozens of materials, alloys, coating, cooling and raw material synthesis technologies have been developed by the consortium established by the industry-university partnership and still continue to be developed. As new technologies are developed, the volume of business received from abroad will increase accordingly.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,283
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fuzuli please believe me when I say I’m aware of most of the points (not all of them tbh) you wrote and I got nothing to counter argue them. Also I must admit that it helped me chill out a bit now.

But again, any cooperation between any TR government and with such fickle countries that involves technological know-how, we must be extra cautious and selective and even discriminative if necessary As they are known to change sides like I change underwear, no matter how much money they spend. That’s all I say.
Good to hear bro.
But I also wouldn't have wanted any deals with such countries who were clearly trying to get involved in Turkish affairs mistaking it for Yemen or Libya or other countries and I was angry at first.
The thing is, I kinda know how these filthy rich countries work.
If you notice, they're biggest aspiration is how to get the "superlatives" to be mentioned with their country (tallest building, hotel with most stars, largest museum, Louvre Abu Dhabi, Most beautiful Donkey/Camel in the world -not a joke- etc.). What they'd do with the know-how is absolutely nothing. Some engineers may gain some knowledge, but their ambition has always been the end product and paying the right amount of money, put a sticker on it and associate it with this country (See Edge Group acquiring South African defence firm).
So, I wouldn't worry about it too much and I'm glad my previous post had made you cool down a bit ;)

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
1669054109090.png

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The most beatiful and effective version of Milgem is Babür class

Attachments

• 5C0FD06D-3D7B-4F54-A16B-52B5EB40EA3B.jpeg
    5C0FD06D-3D7B-4F54-A16B-52B5EB40EA3B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
The new president of Malaysia, Anwar Ibrahim, is a close friend of Erdogan and has good relations. Good cooperation and sales can be made with Malaysia in the near future.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They should have made UAE finance another factory in Turkey.
A financing agreement should be made for TF-X from the UAE and Saudi Arabia, and some things should be given or done in return. For example, $2-3 billion would be a good floor. They have already sufficiently fed the USA, Europe and religious terrorist organizations.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,058
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
A financing agreement should be made for TF-X from the UAE and Saudi Arabia, and some things should be given or done in return. For example, $3-5 billion would be a good floor. They have already sufficiently fed the USA, Europe and religious terrorist organizations.

If only they fed that money to Muslim countries.

Not only we would help them they would help us.

I guess im just naive.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom