Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Nah
If wagner already had the TB2 then they would have used it in Ukraine already
Russia and Wagner already have numerous wrecked TB2 samples in the home country that it doesnt make sense for them or the Turkish govt to sell such weapons to Russia through Mali
It is probably used for Mali to stop al-shabab-like terrorists in the country

Moreover, selling TB2 to Russia while selling TB2, BMC Kirpi, Otokar armored vehicles, EW stations, and TRG rocket launchers to Ukraine seems way too counterproductive especially considering the fact that the Baykar brothers have supported Ukraine on many occasions to the point of giving Ukraine free TB2s without cost

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rwandan Cobras equipped with HJ-9 ATGM

Rwanda Cobra HJ-9.jpg
Rwanda Cobra.jpg

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,180
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As always, tactical report is sharing bullshit news
As an advice, dont believe tactical reports that much since they remind me of TurkishFacts4u in twitter

Turkey will never sell drones to Egypt as long as its stance on the East Med remains unchanged.
You may be right in what you say about the credibility of the news source.However I don't think it's impossible.There is a kind of break in the foreign policy of the Gulf Arabs.In recent years, they have taken steps to develop good relations with the countries which they have tense relations.They may have decided that paying attention to certain Turkish sensitivities is smarter than clashing with Türkiye 🙄 . I think we will see a time when we have more moderate relations, where the blame is scapegoated for Erdoganism.

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
MKE General Manager Ä°lhami KeleÅŸ about Boran project:
(5.24-5.40)
-Contract signed with Bangladesh.
-Possible contracts with another three unnamed countries.
One of them wants to buy three times more than TAF(Turkish Armed Forces)

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,666
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice! Better question is, how many will TSK actually get? Don't remember seeing a number.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
MKE General Manager Ä°lhami KeleÅŸ about Boran project:
(5.24-5.40)
-Contract signed with Bangladesh.
-Possible contracts with another three unnamed countries.
One of them wants to buy three times more than TAF(Turkish Armed Forces)

Good to know BD chose Boran over other options.

@Isa Khan you previously suspected it. But I swear I wasn't lying when i said suppliers countries in the previous tender was only UK and Italy.

But now this one is definitely a new tender or a direct G2G deal. Looks like we ditched our old suppliers in favour of Turkey.

if we buy 1 regiment initially and it performs well, I think Army will standardise Boran for infantry in the near future as a replacement for all of our old 105mm guns. (we have around 200 of those) And it would be even better if we can get a license production.

And I do believe there is a good chance for this to happen.

Specially, if we consider it in light of 2021 deal to open more modern domestic Turn-key production line for 105 mm and new production line for 155 mm artillery shells with Free Flowforming technology and computerized machinery from Turkish company REPKON.

1682805309269.png

This little beast would be particularly helpful in our mountainous South Eastern border with Myanmar as it is very light and easily portable. (Along with TB-2 and other tactical UAV/UACVs it would be a deadly combination.)

@F-6 enthusiast @PutinBro @Knowledgeseeker @Agha Sher

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,408
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

@Isa Khan you previously suspected it. But I swear I wasn't lying when i said suppliers countries in the previous tender was only UK and Italy.

But now this one is definitely a new tender or direct G2G deal. Looks like we ditched our old suppliers in favour of Turkey.

if we buy 1 regiment initially and it performs well, I think Army will standardise Boran for infantry in the near future as a replacement for all of our old 105mm guns. (we have around 200 of those) And it would be even better if we can get a license production.

Specially, if we consider it in light of 2021 deal to open more modern production line for 105 mm and new production line for 155 mm artillery shells with Free Flowforming technology and computerized machinery from Turkish company REPKON.

View attachment 56852

This little beast would be particularly helpful in our mountainous South Eastern border with Myanmar as it is very light and easily portable. (Along with TB-2 and other tactical UAV/UACVs it would be a deadly combination.)

@F-6 enthusiast @Knowledgeseeker
Congratulations! I hope it will come in good numbers.. Now next step would be to acquire a good number of 155 mm artillery howitzers.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

But now this one is definitely a new tender or a direct G2G deal. Looks like we ditched our old suppliers in favour of Turkey.

Specially, if we consider it in light of 2021 deal to open more modern domestic Turn-key production line for 105 mm and new production line for 155 mm artillery shells with Free Flowforming technology and computerized machinery from Turkish company REPKON.

View attachment 56852

@F-6 enthusiast @PutinBro @Knowledgeseeker @Agha Sher

Bangladesh's neutral policy is paying off in the long run.

They dont have to join any camp plus they can have relations with everybody this allows them weapon purchases without strings attached plus they are diversifying.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You may be right in what you say about the credibility of the news source.However I don't think it's impossible.There is a kind of break in the foreign policy of the Gulf Arabs.In recent years, they have taken steps to develop good relations with the countries which they have tense relations.They may have decided that paying attention to certain Turkish sensitivities is smarter than clashing with Türkiye 🙄 . I think we will see a time when we have more moderate relations, where the blame is scapegoated for Erdoganism.
Nah
You still dont get it
The recent improvememt in relations with the gulf came with the condition that none will interfere eith the other's problems and this was proven with the fact that Saudi Arabia canceled its shared military exercise with Greece and even pulled out from the East Med forum that Greece is hosting

Egypt on the other hand has a lot of different circumstances. The current rulers of Egypt are the military which are heavily dependent on France amd the USA. Such a military which is hated by its own ppl, on the verge of the biggest economic catastrophe in its history, corruption etc... is barely living on the edge thx to Frande protecting Egypt from EU sanctions and USA providing some dollar loans through the IMF every now and then.

Therefore, Egypt cant afford to antagonise either of them. The survival of the top class is dependent on them and if they sided with Turkey; then Turkey pretty much solved the entire East Med drama to its favour. You think the french and americans will accept that

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
5 253
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

They were evaluating it for quite some time.As a deal has been reached, its more than likely that Boran will be the future standard 105mm gun of BA.BA artillery will be all turkish if their 155mm gun is also selected!

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Kosovo is a narco- statelet whose citizens' biggest dream is to go to Switzerland or Germany. America's influence both there and in Albania is much bigger than that of Turkey. 5-6 drones will not help it in case of an invasion. Thankfully Serbia is also a small, weak impoverished state without any meaningful military capabilities so there won't a be a war there anytime soon.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
They should really finish GPS guided 155mm artillery round project first.Its an incredible force multiplier product for army but we are getting no news whatsoever for years.
you see how they jam gps of himars? thats why may be tsk want other heads

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 971
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kosovo is a narco- statelet whose citizens' biggest dream is to go to Switzerland or Germany. America's influence both there and in Albania is much bigger than that of Turkey. 5-6 drones will not help it in case of an invasion. Thankfully Serbia is also a small, weak impoverished state without any meaningful military capabilities so there won't a be a war there anytime soon.
U are right about kosovo-albania , both weak small and puppet to US that they do whatever US diplomats ask them to do but about serbia u are wrong .
Serbia is strong and indepedent country , while even pakistan iran or Turkiye were heavily under USA i influence . Serbia with jist 8 million people is indepedent i middle of Europe and work with both west and China Russia .
Aslo Serbia have great army for its size it has even drfence industry and some weapons ixports them . After Greece its most powerful nation on balkans and central europe .

Crush716

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
U are right about kosovo-albania , both weak small and puppet to US that they do whatever US diplomats ask them to do but about serbia u are wrong .
Serbia is strong and indepedent country , while even pakistan iran or Turkiye were heavily under USA i influence . Serbia with jist 8 million people is indepedent i middle of Europe and work with both west and China Russia .
Aslo Serbia have great army for its size it has even drfence industry and some weapons ixports them . After Greece its most powerful nation on balkans and central europe .
It’ll take less than a day to conquer Serbia without outside interference

Top Bottom