Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,364
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
i never heard of the country and look wher it comes from...

1682449870876.png

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
17 million apiece. They paid 18 million apiece for Watchkeepers, so still much cheaper than any competitors.
When budgeting for expensive and complex equipment; one will need to budget for training, infrastructure, bases, consumables, storage, personnel cost, integration into current infrastructure, software developement, auxiliary equipment, development of new strategies, contingency costs, operational cost, upgrades, replacement of lost units and million other costs. And all of this over several years.

For example, an F35 may cost 70-80M$ to purchase but the real cost over an aircrafts lifetime are estimated to >500M$ for each frame without seeing war even once.

The aircraft is simply the less of the total cost a country needs to invest when getting new platforms.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,668
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When budgeting for expensive and complex equipment; one will need to budget for training, infrastructure, bases, consumables, storage, personnel cost, integration into current infrastructure, software developement, auxiliary equipment, development of new strategies, contingency costs, operational cost, upgrades, replacement of lost units and million other costs. And all of this over several years.
Yes, the same costs Poland also had to pay.

There is no anahtar teslim/msrp price for military hardware not even for the most sold ucav in the world. It depends on multiple factors, all the time. Dividing the total cost of the deal to units sold is just one simple metric one can use to get a round figure. Service life costs are a whole another matter.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,180
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

A news report saying that Egypt is interested in purchasing Akıncı drones from Turkey

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,019
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

A news report saying that Egypt is interested in purchasing Akıncı drones from Turkey
Hope they're not selling it. TB-2 is one thing, Akinci a very different one.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
So true.
With its payload, including bvr and cruise missiles and not mention long range and endurance, it is a strategic asset that we must be very cautious while selecting users.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 971
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why ?
Its not steath so its easy to spot and to shoot it down , Akinci can be great for bombing terrorist and in war with weak SAMs but modern militaries can shoot it down .
Only steath drones should not be exported to some Countries that have geo political problems with Turkiye . Kizilelma , Anka 3 steath can be exported to Azerbaijan, Pakistam , indonesia , malaysia etc but bot to egypt , irak , Saudis .

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,019
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So true.
With its payload, including bvr and cruise missiles and not mention long range and endurance, it is a strategic asset that we must be very cautious while selecting users.
I mean they sold TB-2 to UAE ffs. Mofos selling drones to everyone and their mother. So It wouldn't shock me if they'd sell to egypt but like I said, I hope not.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean they sold TB-2 to UAE ffs. Mofos selling drones to everyone and their mother. So It wouldn't shock me if they'd sell to egypt but like I said, I hope not.
Well, don’t get me wrong, TB2 is a capable little devil and it proved itself but like you said comparing mission effectiveness and wide variety of mission profiles, Akinci I believe in another league.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

As always, tactical report is sharing bullshit news
As an advice, dont believe tactical reports that much since they remind me of TurkishFacts4u in twitter

Turkey will never sell drones to Egypt as long as its stance on the East Med remains unchanged.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom