YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,265
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They will support the Serbs to be honest.

No doubt about that.
If Serbs renounce russia, then yes. I can see that. If not, I don't know. Doesn't seem possible.

Either way, we got their backs now. It's not the 90s anymore. Whoever attacks Kosovo or Bosnia will face the consequences much faster than the last war.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,576
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In case of MBS; not geographically, but technically and lawfully he was murdered on SA soil
False. That's not how embassies work. It is still very much Turkish soil.
Don't they already have enough lines to produce goods for export?
It would be kind of weird if they build individual manufacturing lines to export to individual countries.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
I think he's referring to building production lines in other countries, transferring know how and training personnel.
You refering to Arma 1 when you say the original version? The deal regarding Rabdan to UAE cost under 2 million usd per unit.. Perhaps the figure around 5 million per unit is for the Arma 2🤔.
Yes, Original Arma is Arma I. We do not know if that number is even correct or if it's final, or what it entails, so too early to say anything. For example, for Rabdan, they come with BMP-3 turrets bought from Russia, which probably wasn't part of the deal Otokar signed with UAE and it was bought separately. Arma Kazakhstan tested has an Otokar turret on it.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Disagree on this. So far, we only sell to UN recognized central governments, noone else.

It was MBS who ordered the murder of a Saudi national on Turkish soil and Erdogan who promised that justice would be had. Those are the ones who set it up.
You are accusing Erdoğan of setting it up, that's the stupidest thing.

I wonder who encouraged MBS to do that, who is the mastermind, who wants to jeopardize KSA Türkiye relations and own KSA in its sole hands, I bet it is outside the KSA, more like the CIA.

MBS and instigators wanted to blame Türkiye for killing Qassugghi and now justice is being held and KSA is paying dearly for plotting to accuse Türkiye.

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
False. That's not how embassies work. It is still very much Turkish soil.
Respectfully, it is not. Explaining sovereignty of an embassy or consulate is a nightmare for even the most experienced lawyers, let alone not a lawyer me. All I can say, we have no jurisdiction there

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Serbs renounce russia, then yes. I can see that. If not, I don't know. Doesn't seem possible.

Either way, we got their backs now. It's not the 90s anymore. Whoever attacks Kosovo or Bosnia will face the consequences much faster than the last war.

Weapons embargo was placed so the people who are oppressed cant fight back.

Weapons embargo placed upon Bosnia led to the genocide.

Thats what they want sheeps to the slaughter.

Interesting is how Greece constantly backs Serbia in nearly everything even if its at odds with Nato.

But somehow Turkiye is the unreliable ally that is destabilising Nato.

Turkiye is not just earning money but also furthering its influence in the Balkans while allowing countries that were raped and destroyed to be able to fight back.

What burns the Europeans especially is how close Bosnia and Kosovo are to Turkiye. Basically these countries are under Turkish influence from culture and religion.

Americans and Europeans are not liking Turkiye's export successes.

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The number of strategic and most critical components in the system architecture of Baykar products is certain and limited. And also, these cannot be transferred to a country that does not have the infrastructure to engineer these systems. What can be transferred is final assembly, perhaps a system design office for limited configuration flexibility. In this way, Baykar gives KSA access to Bayraktar systems, which will be produced entirely for its army's own unique needs.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't they already have enough lines to produce goods for export?
It would be kind of weird if they build individual manufacturing lines to export to individual countries.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
MKE sells machines that produce ammunition. With the agreement they made, they export the machine tool technology developed by 9 companies for ammunition production.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
MKE sells machines that produce ammunition. With the agreement they made, they export the machine tool technology developed by 9 companies for ammunition production.

Interesting, I thought it was Repkon.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Does anyone know what sort of ToT will Baykar provide to Saudi Arabia? Will it be something critical or just some sort of an assembly plant like with the Karayel drone?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Does anyone know what sort of ToT will Baykar provide to Saudi Arabia? Will it be something critical or just some sort of an assembly plant like with the Karayel drone?

I think, they will manufacture the fuselage.
Other than that, actuators, electronics, sensors and payload will be provided by Baykar and other Turkish companies involved.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

More like assemble line, Selcuk Bayraktar do not give much about outerskin what is made of composite materials.

This is 1 of the interview he talks about the importancy of software.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
More like assemble line, Selcuk Bayraktar do not give much about outerskin what is made of composite materials.

I am not sure if Baykar itself actually develops the composite material.
They porbbaly outsource it commercially off the shelf and cut it according to their needs.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not sure if Baykar itself actually develops the composite material.
They porbbaly outsource commercially off the shelf and cut it according to their needs.
They must be using prepregs and molds like everyone else to cast their parts.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it is related to tires "Petlas" or "Lassa" TOT transfer

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,089
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Regarding Saudi Arabia, let us hear the numbers.
The biggest deal in defence was so far the export ships to India worth 2.3 bln € if i'm not mistaken.
If Baykar is telling the truth, it has to be a massive deal. We're talking hundreds of drones.

And when I hear the MKE numbers and sales from stock, I'm thinking Ukraine.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom