8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar’s contract with KSA is worth 3bn USD

Where is Tusaş in these agreements, Anka, Aksungur and other products? I think Tusaş executives should be fired from their positions.

I wonder if there is any other nation in the world that is happy that the private sector is winning and getting rich? The same people are always crying foul when Otokar is involved.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where is Tusaş in these agreements, Anka, Aksungur and other products? I think Tusaş executives should be fired from their positions.

I wonder if there is any other nation in the world that is happy that the private sector is winning and getting rich? The same people are always crying foul when Otokar is involved.

You mean almost all nations on the planet?

And, just top of my head:
Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northrop to name a few from the USA and Rheinmetall, KMW and HDW from Germany.
I believe you’re mainly concerned that Turkish state owned/partly owned firms lagging behind but Tusaş in particular is in the business of fighter jets (alongside their UAVs which they’re constantly selling especially in SE Asia) so their products would have naturally go to customers with deeper pockets.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As of 2023, the Turkish state gets 25% corporate tax from companies. So even if they are private sector companies they are actually partially state assets.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
As of 2023, the Turkish state gets 25% corporate tax from companies. So even if they are private sector companies they are actually partially state assets.
Mate, that's not how it works. At all. They contribute their share to the budget in taxes, if they pay them but that's it. If that was the case, every single company everywhere on the planet would be considered state owned. But it doesn't, and they are not.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate, that's not how it works. At all. They contribute their share to the budget in taxes, if they pay them but that's it. If that was the case, every single company everywhere on the planet would be considered state owned. But it doesn't, and they are not.
I said assets, and I said partially. I didn't say state-owned, there are differences. You know the states interfere with their foreign sales and all, so they are partially state-controlled too.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,862
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Very big market out there for a SU-25 modernization package. TAI could make very good money with this.

KOTİL: "With TAI and ASELSAN, we can modernize any aircraft from analog to digital mission system, and we have done this on the SU-25. We gave our first aircraft, and there will be a ceremony about it. There are many of these aircraft in Africa."
Eh, probably no more than a 100 SU-25 are still out there that aren't in the hands of Russia or countries in Russia's sphere of influence. It' still good for Azerbaijan and even better if they can get more orders, of course.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice, but not sure if I'm a fan of Havelsan becoming a drone manufacturer too.
As far as I know, Havelsan did not actually conduct a development project directly focused on BAHA. This was more of a side output of the main project. However, when the system was very successful, it was productized. There was a need for a modular UAV with vertical landing and take-off capabilities, full autonomous mission capability and the ability to integrate different payloads. Havelsan met this need with its own internal resources. I think the most special thing about this uav is its software systems. Havelsan has a concept that can significantly increase the operational effectiveness of the troops on the ground in real time.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,813
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
usa is keep continuing to do shits

journalist on IDEF23 asked many questions.
Mainly there we question about Hurjet.
TAI General Manager Kotil said following.

"If the engine does not come to HÜRJET, we will do it" TAI General Manager Kotil, upon a journalist's comment that the engine of HÜRJET was purchased from the USA and that these engines may not come in case of a negativity between the countries, Kotil said, "If we cannot get it, we will do it, but this throws us back 2-3 years. That's the whole point. Our orders are voluminous. If there is a problem, we see ahead. Turkey is taking very serious steps in the field of engines. But the engine doesn't happen as quickly as the plane. Because especially the hot region needs to be studied very well."

source:
It is only Turkish

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI General Manager Temel Kotil announced that KAAN will perform a test flight with the national engine in 2028.

I don't want to be negative, but we haven't even seen TF-6000 start yet, an engine that is powerful enough for Kaan being ready in 5 years is borderline impossible. I'll only believe it when I see it. I wish they would temper expectations to realistic timelines a bit.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,813
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't want to be negative, but we haven't even seen TF-6000 start yet, an engine that is powerful enough for Kaan being ready in 5 years is borderline impossible. I'll only believe it when I see it. I wish they would temper expectations to realistic timelines a bit.

It is not about TF-6000 or any name out there.
It is about technology which Turkiye have teams with the skills, knowledge, infrastructure (to design, build, test) and money.
Then come next factor is "THE Time" as you said. But there is One important thing here it is NOT about 5 years.
As our Experts which are part of the team, already said that if Turkiye just start as beginner of engine without above things which I wrote than The TIME will take 10+ years.

Turkiye already spend that time and all above is passed with products DONE. Like TJ 90, TS 1400, TF6000, TF 10000 also ALL Licensed engines.

I am trying to say that Team working on engine already working on it more than 6 years.
My understand is following : if and only if we take TEI as example/direction They need only to finally shape and start testing TF 10 000.
Than take the results and scale it up for KAAN.
It will definitely cover expectations of TSK. Why you may ask? Because this will be Turkiye Independence, Strategic asset and finally main thing is Stealth and Sensor and weapons which provide the advantage. The Engine is issue because, mainly usa and others WILL NOT STOP and THEY will KEEP delay or make anything to not provide this part for Turkiye.

(I really do not think that TEI is the main team working on KAAN engine) . This all info about KAAN engine WILL remain HIDDEN to World to the end let say 2026-27

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,784
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is unlikely, for sure, but it's not impossible.

My worry is mostly the serial production of the engine. In my opinion, we won't see the engine produced in numbers around 50 before 2032.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom