Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
just look at the most expensive parts of any otokar product, military or civilian
do your own research
google amca or yandex aga will help you
When you make outlandish claims, burden of proof falls on you, it is your claim after all. I don't care about Otokar one way or the other, but, I do care about people just saying whatever they want to justify their political vendettas on this forum without providing any source.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey is preparing to become the largest artillery shell exporter of the USA.

BLOOMBERG

Biggest arms export we made to the US after those camels we sold a while back.

For those of you who don't get what I'm refering to, read this:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
did nobody wondered why all the other companies pulled out of the Romanian bid except otokar?
before i start my rant, does anyvody have a knwoledge how high the local precentage of this order is?
my guess very very low:
like you know otokar just makes assemble jobs, that's it
otomotive components/steel for the armoured body and anything else is ordered from abroad and assembled here but in this case the assemble job will be done in Romania.....that's it!
the same for the UAE 8x8 vehicle
and then we have these chill otokar boys who cheer like otokar is the epicenter of innovation and localizationin everything military
f otokar and f koç
I agree with you that Otokar needs too much foreign subsystems, but I recommend you look at it from this perspective. What if Arquus had won the tender instead of Otokar? I think a bird in hand is better than a bird on wire.

If Fnss had won the tender, half of the money would have gone to England; if Bmc had won, half of the money would have gone to Qatar, unfortunately.. but I agree with you that Otokar uses a lot of foreign subsystems

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Also found this, not exactly an export but we delivered cluster ammunition to Ukraine in 2022:
Yeah, that one came out after they were photographed by Ukrainians, we were the first ones to actually send it to them, before US made a big show of it.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yesterday

Three separate international sales contracts valued at USD 35.130.000 in total has been signed for the supply of guidance kits and ASELFLIR-500 System for international end users.

Today

ASELSAN has signed international sales contracts valued at USD 34.957.069,- in total for the supply of defense systems with its clients in the Asia-Pacific region.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The rifle looks like MPT-55.Can anyone ID this?

Pic from MHD-24.
IMG-20240328-WA0000.jpg

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
my biggest beef with this shit company is that they don't help Turkish subcontractor companies in any shape or form, just order everything from aboard and just do final assembly.....and they are doing this for 50-60 years and even hindering for example other otomotiv companies to be established in Türkiye in the late 60s/early 70s
so like i said f koç and f otokar
As Someone who worked in Automotive industry for Years, I'll say

You have no idea what are talking about.

If You think Tofaş or Ford just import most their components, you are mistaken. Tofaş, Ford, Oyak And Toyota all pushed for high localization rates. And Especially Tofaş And Oyak helped significantly to their tier 1 supplier to get business outside of Turkey/export.

Tofaş truly helped their tier 1 suppliers to have high quality manufacturing and management. They helped with implementation of Lean manufacturing in this industry. In return, This helped Turkish suppliers become competitive in global markets. Agea/Tipo was mostly designed here in Turkey. Many of my friends who worked Tofaş found their way to Togg.

Stop talking about stuff, you have no knowledge of.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

If You think Tofaş or Ford just import most their components, you are mistaken. Tofaş, Ford, Oyak And Toyota all pushed for high localization rates. And Especially Tofaş And Oyak helped significantly to their tier 1 supplier to get business outside of Turkey/export.

Tofaş truly helped their tier 1 suppliers to have high quality manufacturing and management. They helped with implementation of Lean manufacturing in this industry. In return, This helped Turkish suppliers become competitive in global markets. Agea/Tipo was mostly designed here in Turkey. Many of my friends who worked Tofaş found their way to Togg.

did i talk about Tofaş?
just about Otokar
and Otokar does import most of their parts from outside, just look at Cobra 1/2....look at the new Akrep
tell me which is produced in house or from a Turkish company
otokar busses are all equipped with deutz engines and transmission
to you Tornadoss
stfu
now i undertsand why Combat Master has left
i'll do the same

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
did i talk about Tofaş?
just about Otokar
and Otokar does import most of their parts from outside, just look at Cobra 1/2....look at the new Akrep
to you Tornadoss
stfu
i'll do the same
take your political bs to somewhere else...

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Who made this guy the turkey correspondent?
I did and he deserves to be the Türkiye Correspondent.
To all of you,

Dont politicize everything,we all know how all of these companies work.
If you make a statement about a company you should also provide the proof of your statement.
So,stop the politics and stay on topic!!!

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Biggest arms export we made to the US after those camels we sold a while back.

For those of you who don't get what I'm refering to, read this:

But but Turks dont ride camels lmaoo

I once triggered idiots like Manomed and Legionaire by saying riding camels were apart of Turkic history.

Instead they went and insulted me until they realised that Yoruk Turks still use Central Asian Camels to move to new pasture lands and in Selcuk they do camel wrestling.

And a Karakanid Khan called himself Bughra which meamt camel.

Instead of accepting this they proceeded to insult me by calling me a Arab. As if Arabs are the only ones to use camels.

The Mongols proudly display their Central Asian Camels.

I know im off topic just wanted to clear this out.

OPTIMUS

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Brother;
What are you talking about or where do you live !!!? In an accident, TOFAS cars break in two. Death always rides with you in a TOFAS.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
did i talk about Tofaş?
just about Otokar
to you Tornadoss
stfu
i'll do the same

We invite people from all over the world to express their opinions freely. We keep the Report button active for rule violations. Frankly, we have a hard time understanding your threats to leave us. I would also like to point out that Combat is one of the founders of DefenceHub.

P.S: i agree with you about Otokar

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom