neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
did nobody wondered why all the other companies pulled out of the Romanian bid except otokar?
before i start my rant, does anyvody have a knwoledge how high the local precentage of this order is?
my guess very very low:
like you know otokar just makes assemble jobs, that's it
otomotive components/steel for the armoured body and anything else is ordered from abroad and assembled here but in this case the assemble job will be done in Romania.....that's it!
the same for the UAE 8x8 vehicle
and then we have these chill otokar boys who cheer like otokar is the epicenter of innovation and localizationin everything military
f otokar and f koç

did i talk about Tofaş?
just about Otokar
and Otokar does import most of their parts from outside, just look at Cobra 1/2....look at the new Akrep
tell me which is produced in house or from a Turkish company
otokar busses are all equipped with deutz engines and transmission
to you Tornadoss
stfu
now i undertsand why Combat Master has left
i'll do the same
You literally said f* koç.

Koç owns Tofaş, Otokar and Ford Otosan.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is possible to discuss a company without getting emotional. If everybody stays factual there's nothing to worry about.

No more offtopic, warnings are incoming.

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
It is possible to discuss a company without getting emotional. If everybody stays factual there's nothing to worry about.

No more offtopic, warnings are incoming.
The only one getting emotional is you, the other guys are stating facts. Otokar produces very few components of their vehicles locally 80-90% of components in their vehicles are procured from other countries that are availabel in the global automotive market through RAM-KOC ticaret (which btw also sells these components to middle eastern countries since western companies refuse to sell them directly which is why they get so many contracts from asian and middle eastern countries) and they only do the assembly of the vehicles in their factory in Turkiye. Their business model is same as other international companies in this industry such as IAG or Streit Group the only difference is that Otokar vehicles seem to be higher quality than what IAG or Streit offers. But if we compare Otokar to companies such as Fnss or BMC which have spent so many resources to localize the land defense industry it is clear that they don't care about the independence and self-sufficiency of the Turkish defence industry rather they are typical globalists fighting for market share and profits.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only one getting emotional is you, the other guys are stating facts. Otokar produces very few components of their vehicles locally 80-90% of components in their vehicles are procured from other countries that are availabel in the global automotive market through RAM-KOC ticaret (which btw also sells these components to middle eastern countries since western companies refuse to sell them directly which is why they get so many contracts from asian and middle eastern countries) and they only do the assembly of the vehicles in their factory in Turkiye. Their business model is same as other international companies in this industry such as IAG or Streit Group the only difference is that Otokar vehicles seem to be higher quality than what IAG or Streit offers. But if we compare Otokar to companies such as Fnss or BMC which have spent so many resources to localize the land defense industry it is clear that they don't care about the independence and self-sufficiency of the Turkish defence industry rather they are typical globalists fighting for market share and profits.

How tf did I get emotional for reminding people to follow the rules and wasn't even part of the discussion ? I think you misquoted me.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,748
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's not forget that Otokar won the tender to produce prototype of Altay, and they built it and delivered it. Just like they won this tender, and it'll somehow contribute to Türkiye again.

As long as Otokar manages and does indeed create a domestic versions of parts that live up to the standards they import from abroad, I am fine with the slow process.

Would I want higher domestic parts, yes, but not for any price, and especially not if it means we can't field new vehicles. and have to modernize old stuff that should have been scrapped dozens of years ago.

Some "brown noses" moving to other forums, I couldn't care less. people who lack criticism for their own side or standing are the worst, they're doomed to stagnate and drag everyone down. They remain silent in the face of their own sides inadequacies and still vote on them because they fear the opposition.

Lastly, just like the paragraph above, peoples choice of words really riles up tension, either use different words or wait an hour before you post whatever you write.

There are people here who have a different angle on things and instead of patronizing, demonizing or taunting, you should keep an open mind to the potential it contains and what it may mean if there is any truth to it.

We're not here to agree on everything or have the same political view.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,745
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only one getting emotional is you, the other guys are stating facts. Otokar produces very few components of their vehicles locally 80-90% of components in their vehicles are procured from other countries that are availabel in the global automotive market through RAM-KOC ticaret
What is the source of this claim?

Okaber

Reactions
2 188
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
A big delegation from Turkish defence industry is visiting Azerbaijan.

“Görgün'e, TUSAŞ Genel Müdürü Temel Kotil, HAVELSAN Genel Müdürü Mehmet Akif Nacar, ASELSAN Genel Müdürü Ahmet Akyol, ROKETSAN Genel Müdürü Murat İkinci, ASFAT Genel Müdürü Behçet Karataş, MKE Genel Müdürü İlhami Keleş, STM Genel Müdürü Özgür Güleryüz, REPKON Grup Başkanı İbrahim Külekçi ile ASSAN Yönetim Kurulu Başkanı Emin Öner de eşlik etti”.

Last edited:

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
What is the source of this claim?
Otokar informational sheets give hints about the subsystems used in the vehicles and Ram-Koc gives information about the systems they supply. They never name companies tho so don't expect to find any specifics, also they don't disclose all of their customers unless given permission by respective governments.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,745
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Otokar informational sheets give hints about the subsystems used in the vehicles and Ram-Koc gives information about the systems they supply. They never name companies tho so don't expect to find any specifics, also they don't disclose all of their customers unless given permission by respective governments.
That isn't a source, that's once again a claim.

Here's a source though, in fact, 4 of them:

"Otokar 2020 yılında 981 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.252 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 2.087.883.292 TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiş olup harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 48,19 seviyesinde olmuştur."

"Otokar 2021 yılında 1.084 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.356 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 2,5 milyar TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiştir; harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 59 seviyesinde olmuştur."

"Otokar 2022 yılında 1.177 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.455 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 7,93 milyar TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiştir; harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 44 seviyesinde olmuştur."

"Otokar 2023 yılında 1.130 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.426 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 14,8 milyar TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiştir; harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 48 seviyesinde olmuştur."

So, are you ready to accept that the "80-90%" claims are just that or do you have a source that can refute Otokar's reports?

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
That isn't a source, that's once again a claim.

Here's a source though, in fact, 4 of them:

"Otokar 2020 yılında 981 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.252 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 2.087.883.292 TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiş olup harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 48,19 seviyesinde olmuştur."

"Otokar 2021 yılında 1.084 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.356 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 2,5 milyar TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiştir; harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 59 seviyesinde olmuştur."

"Otokar 2022 yılında 1.177 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.455 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 7,93 milyar TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiştir; harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 44 seviyesinde olmuştur."

"Otokar 2023 yılında 1.130 adedi yerel nitelikli olmak üzere 1.426 tedarikçi firmayla doğrudan ve dolaylı satın alma faaliyeti yürütmüştür. Dönem içerisinde 14,8 milyar TL tedarik harcaması gerçekleştirilmiştir; harcama bazında yerel tedarik oranı yüzde 48 seviyesinde olmuştur."

So, are you ready to accept that the "80-90%" claims are just that or do you have a source that can refute Otokar's reports?
Defence industry experts and journalist have confirmed that thats the range of localisation in most otokar vehicles with some exceptions. However I am not going to waste hours refinding the docs and tweets buddy I got stuff to do other than convince you.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,745
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Defence industry experts and journalist have confirmed that thats the range of localisation in most otokar vehicles with some exceptions. However I am not going to waste hours refinding the docs and tweets buddy I got stuff to do other than convince you.
It's not about convincing me mate, it's about whether people are freely making shit up to fit their political agenda or not. And you just answered the question, have fun with the stuff you need to do!

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You should backup your claims with the source.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it possible to be a some kind of facelift?

I saw the news from other accounts a couple days before, but couldn't post.
None of the body lines match. Exposed bulletproof glass panels looks like something Streit would build. Only twitter pages sharing this video are nonsense news ones, no local ones from Kosovo or TR, or defence media. let's see.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,497
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
None of the body lines match. Exposed bulletproof glass panels looks like something Streit would build. Only twitter pages sharing this video are nonsense news ones, no local ones from Kosovo or TR, or defence media. let's see.
Thanks for noticing!

Okaber

Reactions
2 188
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
“Within the framework of the visit, Haluk Gorgun informed the President Ilham Aliyev about the signing of memorandums of understanding between the companies of the Turkish delegation and Azerbaijani defense industry companies on joint activities in several directions.”

Recall that Azerbaijan will invest at least 1 billion manat (~ $600 million) in local defence industry plants this year alone.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom