Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 674
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Poland announced about the supply of about 10 German Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, most likely an early version of the Leopard 2A4 tanks will be delivered, a modification of the Leopard 2A5 tank, most likely Poland will leave for its army. The German Leopard 2A4 is the most massive version of the tank, about 2500 of them have been built since 1985, since 2000 Germany began to sell them. The Leopard 2A4 is equipped with an accurate 120 mm L44 smoothbore gun, the gun is manually reloaded by the loader. Aiming range of the gun: in a static position - 3500 meters. The tank is protected by three-layer combined armor. The Leopard 2 saw action in Afghanistan and performed well as an infantry support vehicle. In the fighting of Turkey in Syria, on the first day of fighting, 10 out of 30 tanks were lost. Tanks were hit on the sides of the tanks by American TOW-2 anti-tank systems, Russian anti-tank systems and RPG-7 grenade launchers. It is worth noting that this happened due to the wrong tactics of using tanks. Despite this, do not underestimate the car, the tank is popular all over the world and is in service with 18 countries. Competitors to the German tank, later versions of the T-72B, T-90 tanks of different versions, this is a superficial comparison. The Leopard 2 is equipped with a 1500 hp engine capable of propelling a 56 ton tank up to 60 km/h over rough terrain. The crew of the tank is 4 people.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
My country has tested what Leopard 2 a4s can do in Syria. The result is not very good.

I think the leo 2a5 has additional armor, but I don't think it will work against tandem-headed anti-tank guns. It works if tanks have Reactive armor. Just like our M60 Sabra.

Weapons such as Russian anti-tank, Konkurs, Kornet can eliminate these tanks. Although the biggest danger in Ukraine is the Lancet 3 drone.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom