Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,804
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are absolutely right.
I'm 44 years old and don't remember when the last labour strike was. Labours are doomed to be slave .

Labour could join unions but What about Turkish pensioners?
What about unemployed mass?

Turkish economy can't create new jobs. Creating new jobs and productiveness of current vacancies different things.
As I see it RTE and government saved the Syrians and giving them work, thus creating a feudal lord relation where Syrians have to be grateful and vote on RTE and AKP if they want to stay in the country.

While RTE and Government punishes Turks by keeping them unemployed and barely surviving. They're trying to weed out the strong Turks who believe in Atatürk, Liyakat and secularism.

Economically they've already positioned their own sharia minded compatriots in all layers of society and in important places, so they can guarentee the safety and well being of likeminded people and keep them in jobs and make sure they get enough to survive.

That is why I believe @TheInsider when he posted that government is already giving citizenship/voting rights to Syrians. Because there are no parliamentary mechanism that audits this process.

I think it's necessary for Turkey to implement danish system of giving citizenship to foreigners, so that AKP and RTE can't sell pasport for money.

It's quite an OT post, but it's related to economy and politics as they are now, interchangable.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,804
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey aims for ‘sustainable’ growth model: Minister​

ANKARA​

Turkey aims for ‘sustainable’ growth model: Minister

A growth model would not be sustainable if not based on efficiency development, Treasury and Finance Minister Lütfi Elvan said in a parliament commission meeting on Nov. 12.

The Turkish economy recorded a growth rate of 14.3 percent in the first half of this year with support from domestic investments and net foreign demand, he told lawmakers at the planning and budget commission meeting.

“A growth model not supported by efficiency achievements is not a sustainable growth model,” he added.
The volume of economic supports for households against the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic will reach 734 billion liras ($75.3 billion) at the end of the year, he said.

“In our fight against inflation, we have waived 125 billion liras in public revenues with tax breaks and price adjustments. We have shown our determination in fiscal policy very clearly. Supports for natural gas and electricity bills are not included in the figure I have mentioned,” said Elvan.

Denying claims that the Turkish government prefers the Turkish Lira to be cheaper against foreign currencies to ramp up exports, Elvan underlined that Turkey has introduced a floating exchange rate regime, in which the value of the lira is determined in the open market.

He also said that the international business conditions and the high inflation rate in Turkey requires “cautiousness.”

The headline inflation rate in Turkey hit 19.89 in October, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute. The Turkish Central Bank will decide on its benchmark interest rate, which it cut to 16 percent from 18 percent last month, on Nov. 18.

The lira/dollar exchange rate rose 0.8 percent to a new high of 9.98, just short of the 10-dollar psychological mark on Nov. 12.

The Turkish economy is expected to grow around 9 percent this year, according to international organizations.
But it is more important that growth should contribute to employment and income distribution fairness, the minister said.

Despite the high growth rate, the current account balance gap’s ratio to the gross domestic product (GDP) will be below 2 percent in 2021, he said, in contrast with recent years.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
As I see it RTE and government saved the Syrians and giving them work, thus creating a feudal lord relation where Syrians have to be grateful and vote on RTE and AKP if they want to stay in the country.

While RTE and Government punishes Turks by keeping them unemployed and barely surviving. They're trying to weed out the strong Turks who believe in Atatürk, Liyakat and secularism.

Economically they've already positioned their own sharia minded compatriots in all layers of society and in important places, so they can guarentee the safety and well being of likeminded people and keep them in jobs and make sure they get enough to survive.

That is why I believe @TheInsider when he posted that government is already giving citizenship/voting rights to Syrians. Because there are no parliamentary mechanism that audits this process.

I think it's necessary for Turkey to implement danish system of giving citizenship to foreigners, so that AKP and RTE can't sell pasport for money.

It's quite an OT post, but it's related to economy and politics as they are now, interchangable.
If there are records kept of the number of Syrians and other migrants who got citizenship, you could use that to trace the ones that got it post-circa-2015 if you get into power and revoke all of them. Maybe make certain exceptions for well-behaved, well-integrated refugees and migrants but anyone who exhibits tendencies undermining the political/social foundations of the nation should be shown the door immediately, along with their offspring.

I don't really expect any of the parties to do it, save for maybe IYI, but it feels like something that is long overdue. And I say this from a perspective of someone concerned for Azerbaijan too, because if you guys get infected and gradually destroyed from the inside-out, then we're screwed too and so are all the other Turk minorities in the region. Need to keep you healthy.

Last edited:

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

It's not surprising at all. They are reevaluating their foreign policy since Biden has won the election. Tbh, so far, I've seen nothing new from the UAE with respect to Turkey, just empty words.

Their actions haven't changed, they still try to undermine our interests in Libya, Somalia or elsewhere.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,804
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not surprising at all. They are reevaluating their foreign policy since Biden has won the election. Tbh, so far, I've seen nothing new from the UAE with respect to Turkey, just empty words.

Their actions haven't changed, they still try to undermine our interests in Libya, Somalia or elsewhere.
Maybe, but he can buy RTE with USD.

And trust me when I say that They'll get more than their investment back RTE will make sure of that.

UAE has not changed at all, they're smart unlike our politicians. Let us not underestimate the enemy.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Of course the UAE is going to invest in the Turkish defence industry because its an easy way to gain access to state of the art technologies.

They've already attempted to "re-make" the TB2. Legitimate access will only boost UAE's technological and export potential.

In my opinion, the defence industry has enough domestic investment and should be protected from foreign investment/interference.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Prior they bought 25% stakes for 4.2 billion Euros, and 14.89 for 1.9 billion Euros.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Maybe, but he can buy RTE with USD.

And trust me when I say that They'll get more than their investment back RTE will make sure of that.

UAE has not changed at all, they're smart unlike our politicians. Let us not underestimate the enemy.
Not really
I can say that RTE may give myriads of technology but Iam sure he wont give military tech to any1 unless he is getting similar tech (in terms of importance) back
Lets not forget that the modernisation and domestication of the military is what made Erdo able to screw other powers in East Med
If that was the case, he would have given complete TB2 tech to Ukraine, signed deals to produce koral EW systems in foreign nations or give TB2 to KSA when they were providing anti-turkey forces with funds and money
Erdo isnt crazy yet, and lets not forget Erdo's ambition. TSK increasing strength is a rare growing card that will aid him in the future
Oh and getting shares or investments doesnt entitle you to techs as far as I know. All what it does is giving you a share of the profits gained by the company. The more decent the company, the more stable the prospects of you getting decent stable shares will be. That is why many would prefer to invest in defense industries
Above all, Ismail Demir would also have to agree and I know as well that he wont

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
M

Manomed

The reis blew up the economy by filling in his own unqualified men all over the place, paying salaries from 5 places and scaring all investors with his rowdy policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom