Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The US inflation figures are really bad. I think FED might increase interest rates and the dollar might skyrocket in TR and around the world.
We must be living in an alternate universe to call the US inflation "really bad"

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,746
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
We must be living in an alternate universe to call the US inflation "really bad"
Nah man it really is
The US inflation is slowly growing at its highest value in around 3 decades
The dollar will skyrocket past 10 lira soon and all currencies will be screwed for around a year or 2 till inflation calms down

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 35489
Here is your sustainible economy sir @Fighter_35
the idiots should comment now with their sustainable economy in turkey while living in germany!!
it will go beyond 12-13 in 6 months if they do no raise interest at least 2-3 percent. morons in central bank could not see that usa could raise interests!! the one managing central bank should be taken responsible after akp era end. they are responsible to keep tl in balance to counter inflation!! but they act against their main duty!!

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1 US dollar = 114 Japanese Yen
1 US dollar = 1180 S.Korean Won
1 US dollar = 175 Pakistani rupi
1 US dollar = 102 Serbian dinar
1 US dollar = 73 Russian ruble

1 US Dollar = 9 Turkish Lira

And only in Turkey the 'civilized' CHP secular left and Kurdish one-eyebrows complain that they cant eat banana's or that Syrian foreigners steal their jobs (but o yes they use the newest Iphones and cars and eat in the most luxury places, but no the country is in crisis).

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,583
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

And only in Turkey the 'civilized' CHP secular left and Kurdish one-eyebrows complain that they cant eat banana's or that Syrian foreigners steal their jobs (but o yes they use the newest Iphones and cars and eat in the most luxury places, but no the country is in crisis).

Are you really that retarded to make these comparisons seriously?

1 USD can be equal to 1180 Korean Won but the average wage in South Korea is equal to like 3 million Won per month- In American dollars that makes up to 2600$ a month.
A Japanese earns 300 thousand Yen a month so you tell me how much that is in USD?

10 years ago 1 Turkish lira was equal to 1,10 Bulgarian lev. Nowadays 1 Bulgarian Lev is equal to 6 Turkish lira and Bulgarians are shopping like crazy in Edirne and Istanbul and having vacations in Marmaris and Bodrum like they are some kings while you non- unibrow compatriots serve them as slaves.

ps Here I make the announcement

Next summer I will go to Turkey and make some Erdo fanboys suck my dick for 2-3 euros. It will be that cheap. Long live Erdogan. <3

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,536
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

It should have been 10000000 TL properly. But, you know we removed 6 zeroes.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
the idiots should comment now with their sustainable economy in turkey while living in germany!!
it will go beyond 12-13 in 6 months if they do no raise interest at least 2-3 percent. morons in central bank could not see that usa could raise interests!! the one managing central bank should be taken responsible after akp era end. they are responsible to keep tl in balance to counter inflation!! but they act against their main duty!!
You are head of Central Bank in Turkey today, are you courageous enough to speak against his majesty?
I can not really blame those guys, they get replaced every 6 months.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

I really want to ask you something but i dont wanna sound insulting so let me ask you like this, is this post serious?
Did you really write this post with a clear mind or did you smoke/drink something beforehand?

T

Turko

Now Pension of my father is 350usd. He was an attorney.

There are some people get 2000 lira pensions. with 200 USD Pension senior citizens are forced to commit suicide.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are you really that retarded to make these comparisons seriously?

1 USD can be equal to 1180 Korean Won but the average wage in South Korea is equal to like 3 million Won per month- In American dollars that makes up to 2600$ a month.
A Japanese earns 300 thousand Yen a month so you tell me how much that is in USD?

10 years ago 1 Turkish lira was equal to 1,10 Bulgarian lev. Nowadays 1 Bulgarian Lev is equal to 6 Turkish lira and Bulgarians are shopping like crazy in Edirne and Istanbul and having vacations in Marmaris and Bodrum like they are some kings while you non- unibrow compatriots serve them as slaves.

ps Here I make the announcement

Next summer I will go to Turkey and make some Erdo fanboys suck my dick for 2-3 euros. It will be that cheap. Long live Erdogan. <3
Not to mention that our friend here doesn not know that the reason why 1 dollar equals 100 yen is that yen has no sub unit like cents for exsample.
People like this run the economy in Turkey which actually explains a lot.

M

Manomed

HE UNIRONICALLY SAID THIS

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are head of Central Bank in Turkey today, are you courageous enough to speak against his majesty?
I can not really blame those guys, they get replaced every 6 months.
They should not accept the job in the first place then!! If they act against people and against central banks duty ,of course they will be questioned!!

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

You showed your level and intelligence by this post. That is why we should do exact opposite of what you say!!
Have you checked how much changed that values in the last 10-20 years!!
Same things said in the previous pages by another like-you!! and he git his answers !!
It is surprise that you may speak English and post here with that much intelligence. You should be investigated ,how could you speak English but can not distinguish the difference between our currency and japanese or Korean currencies!!

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really want to ask you something but i dont wanna sound insulting so let me ask you like this, is this post serious?
Did you really write this post with a clear mind or did you smoke/drink something beforehand?
He might be trolling. The other day, i saw a post of his claiming that Ataturk didn't defeat the Greeks, the Greeks retreated themselves.
After seeing that, i'm not sure if it's a serious account.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
He might be trolling. The other day, i saw a post of his claiming that Ataturk didn't defeat the Greeks, the Greeks retreated themselves.
After seeing that, i'm not sure if it's a serious account.
Well, explains everything.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 35241

I really wanna beat up people who talks "strong TL this, weak TL that"...

We can't keep up with the inflation here....
Wow,double the price of Germany/the Netherlands/Belgium.
How is this possible,dont we produce sunflower oil?
Een afbeelding van AH Zonnebloemolie

AH Zonnebloemolie​

1 lPrijs per LT € 1,75

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,884
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not really. Anything under 6.5 TRY will lead to an unbearable deficit in our trade with the rest of the world. I would prefer a realistic rate like 1 EUR to 7.5 - 8.5 TRY.

The government is guilty and bears responsibility for our current situation but people shouldn't act as if the Turkish citizens are totally innocent in this scenario we're currently living.

Give our people money to buy fancy stuff and they will do it. Saving? Investing? Thinking about tomorrow? No, sir. Our people aim for the easy path and make fun of hard working people. This goes for all of them regardless of political affiliation.
That’s way to high. Again, we should make a pros and cons list about low/exchange rate. If the value (7-8 Lira as you mention med) is to low, you will have problems to pay back your debts in Euro/Dollar and inflation will increase. If you are not able to pay back your credits, your rating will fall down. Means more problem and higher interests to get money.

Possible effects of low exchange rate. Our people can’t buy foreign stuffs that easy. Means, deficit will decrease and they have to choose indigenous ones (if possible). Export could also increase.

But you are right about our people.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,958
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
That’s way to high. Again, we should make a pros and cons list about low/exchange rate. If the value (7-8 Lira as you mention med) is to low, you will have problems to pay back your debts in Euro/Dollar and inflation will increase. If you are not able to pay back your credits, your rating will fall down. Means more problem and higher interests to get money.

Possible effects of low exchange rate. Our people can’t buy foreign stuffs that easy. Means, deficit will decrease and they have to choose indigenous ones (if possible). Export could also increase.

But you are right about our people.
I think this is assuming the other countries don't have citizens that spend outrageously. Singling out Turkish people for this and then claiming that this somehow requires that they be kept in borderline poverty is ridiculous. Turkey, like it or not, requires imports for many basic goods. It didn't luck out in having a territory with plenty of useful natural resources, save for some whose full industrial applications are still being investigated. It does have good territory for agriculture but there are two factors from what I can see, a) it's not being maintained correctly and b) Turkey still can't produce everything it's population needs.

I direct people who are having panic attacks over the possibility of a Turkish trade deficit to examine economies in other countries. Japan for example, has had a trade surplus for like 30 years and they have grown essentially zero in terms of economy. And again, relying on a low exchange rate to peddle your goods to foreign companies is a bad strategy. Unless it leads to substantial improvements in terms of quality, which it most likely won't because Turkish companies will take it to mean that they can put in just the minimal amount of effort to warrant the cheap price, you'll end up having to keep the currency exchange rate artificially high forever unless you want your exports to tank.

And example - Turkish pistols are well-liked in the US. They have decent features. But one thing you will always notice from anyone who ever reviews them - they say that they are good guns compared to, say, Glocks due to the price range. This is because of the exchange rate. Now imagine the currency is allowed to fix itself again. The reasons to pick a Canik over a Sig suddenly decrease. Solution? You have to crash your currency forever. And Turkish people will hate you forever. And imports will become even more expensive. And this will f**k other sectors of the economy. And now, in trying to fix one perceived problem with a debatable fix, you've created three other problems.

Another example - China recently started investing in producing more high-quality exports. This is because, due to COVID-19 and many other factors, supply chains are moving away from China. They can no longer manufacture cheap c**p by the thousands to keep their economy afloat. The same will happen to Turkey if you keep pursuing this strategy.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,843
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
People have different opinions on their exchange rate and such, weak, strong etc.

I would like to point out that Denmark has exc. rate of around 7,5 DKK = 1 Euro and somewhere around that with the US.

Does that exc. rate mean Denmark has a weak currency ?

Very roughly I would say that the strength of the currency pretty much (should) depend on how developed your exports are.

If we export high tech end and value added goods then you can say stuff like "our currency should be stronger we should be able to fly to US and back for 1 TL".

When there is big inequality in the society then you will have people who can barely get by.

IMO we need workers union back in power, and a president that backs them 100%. Forcing the employers and employees to have dialogues to find a solution on salary, work conditions and such.

First target of anti-democracy isn't freedom of speech it's the unions where people can unite and show solidarity. IMO.

Also seeing as how CB has been used as toilet paper I think it should be a position electable like president and untouchable during the elected years be it 5 years and reelectable for 3-4 more years.

T

Turko

People have different opinions on their exchange rate and such, weak, strong etc.

I would like to point out that Denmark has exc. rate of around 7,5 DKK = 1 Euro and somewhere around that with the US.

Does that exc. rate mean Denmark has a weak currency ?

Very roughly I would say that the strength of the currency pretty much (should) depend on how developed your exports are.

If we export high tech end and value added goods then you can say stuff like "our currency should be stronger we should be able to fly to US and back for 1 TL".

When there is big inequality in the society then you will have people who can barely get by.

IMO we need workers union back in power, and a president that backs them 100%. Forcing the employers and employees to have dialogues to find a solution on salary, work conditions and such.

First target of anti-democracy isn't freedom of speech it's the unions where people can unite and show solidarity. IMO.

Also seeing as how CB has been used as toilet paper I think it should be a position electable like president and untouchable during the elected years be it 5 years and reelectable for 3-4 more years.
You are absolutely right.
I'm 44 years old and don't remember when the last labour strike was. Labours are doomed to be slave .

Labour could join unions but What about Turkish pensioners?
What about unemployed mass?

Turkish economy can't create new jobs. Creating new jobs and productiveness of current vacancies different things.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom