Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the export target of the government for the next 5 years.

D

dBSPL

What is the export target of the government for the next 5 years.
The 2023 target is approximately 230 billion dollars.

BUT

It was determined as 458 billion dollars in the "Foreign Trade Projection 2002-2023" prepared by the Undersecretariat of Foreign Trade, 2002. The report envisaged a foreign trade deficit of $ 100 billion. Then, in the AKP's 2023 projection decleration, the target was revised to $ 500 billion and it was said that the foreign trade deficit would disappear. However, after a short time, the 2008 Global Crisis started to change financial balances in the world. Then this situation were followed by domestic crises mostly after 2013. And since 2016, we have become a country that many countries want to limit its relations commercially with failed coup attempt and especially cross-border military operations from Syria to Libya.In the meantime, there are countless economic and foreign political mistakes and incompetences made by the AKP.

Naturally, we are behind those numbers now. The only advantage is that the import figures declined because of the TL's rapid devaluation and this gives opportunity for trade balance. However, the rapid depreciation of the TL and the inflationary pressure were weaken household purchasing power too much, so its impact on the bottom will not be felt easily.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,088
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

TWF will start with investments in 2021 after doing mostly M&A in 2020. Focus will be a petrochemical plant in Ceyhan for around 10bln € and 1,5bln € of less imports once finished. Gold exploitation and unfortunately a coal plant.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I hope Government will ensure local container production especially considering the iron silkroad, anything else is retarded.

Just take security deposit for every container made, so those containers come back.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

So if this Turkish app becomes huge we can expect some tax income from all the trades 🤗

A

adenl

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Idiocy on highest level, it’s likely aimed at hurting big ones like Migros, who isn’t supporting AKP.
Migros is a small chain compared to the big ones.

Location numbers
A101 10.001
Bim 8.348
Şok 7.882
Migros 2.231
Others ~5.000

Prejudice peaks.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,773
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Migros is a small chain compared to the big ones.

Location numbers
A101 10.001
Bim 8.348
Şok 7.882
Migros 2.231
Others ~5.000

Prejudice peaks.
FYI
More important measure of size when it comes to retail sector it is turnover and square footage; I could only find the turnover.
BIM: 40 billion TL
Migros : 23.1 billion TL
A101 : 20 billion TL
Şok : 16 billion TL
Carrefoursa : 6.5 billion TL

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Idiocy on highest level, it’s likely aimed at hurting big ones like Migros, who isn’t supporting AKP.
If it is related with covid it is wise decision, i have friend in switzerland and he told me that they sell only food and hygienic products in markets, maybe @xenon can confirm it.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A cigarette smoker is 14 times more susceptible to severe Covid-19 related morbidity than a none smoker.

Stop smoking now!

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Government is interfering in business concepts and as I see it even incurs loss on businesses with their restrictive measure. The government is trying to get the poor farmers vote by enforcing local production on shelves. I’m all for local production, but if the quality isn’t good then they’re not good enough to be on the shelves.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A cigarette smoker is 14 times more susceptible to severe Covid-19 related morbidity than a none smoker.

Stop smoking now!

Stop eating Sugar!

T

Turko

A woman dares yelling to President :"My son has came from the military, I am operated, I am hungry"

And somebody neglected her.

Here is the current situation of Türkish economy.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom