TR Economy & Updates

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,959
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I think that's not the detail here. It would be more accurate to look at Simsek's roots and affiliations. RTE had accused KK of making deals with British loan sharks for 3 months, but he seems to be turning in the same direction.

Of all the AK party affiliates, the two that most represent the anglo-american establishment is Ali Babacan and Mehmet Simsek. These guys push and work towards the interests of the UK and US within Turkiye.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we are talking about the Turkic world and Eurasia in the new era, and if RTE is sincere in this, Oğan should be in charge of the economy. He is well-equipped for this, in fact, if we look at other examples, he is more than qualified for this job. It will not have a negative reflection on the markets due to both its national line and its balanced discourse on economic management.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan is gearing up to sell Turkish Airlines, the national railway company (TCDD), and BOTAS (the national natural gas distribution company).

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,313
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Erdogan is gearing up to sell Turkish Airlines, the national railway company (TCDD), and BOTAS (the national natural gas distribution company).

I don’t know about other entities but isn’t Turkish Airlines the most successful state asset? Why would he want to sell it?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don’t know about other entities but isn’t Turkish Airlines the most successful state asset? Why would he want to sell it?

THY is already in the stock market, and you want to sell something when its value is high. IIRC government had bought some stock of THY back from the stock market long time ago.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
After all the smack talk about IMF, he would rather pick clean all Turkish assets to sell to the highest bidder than asking money from IMF.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mehmet Şimşek is the new boss of the Turkish economy. He is given assurances that he will have autonomy and will be able to install his own team.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cabinet

FxYXY4VakAAtkRG

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
By the way, making someone like Erhan Afyoncu the minister of education? I know him from his disgusting comments in Habertürk.

I think he was brought in for the education system based on Sharia and Ottoman.

I see someone with the surname Bayraktar again.

It is good that we got rid of two types like Soylu and Varank.

moz68k

Reactions
18 575
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think this is legit. Doesn't look like an executive order from the official gazette and there are some grammatical errors. Orders are typeset in Times New Roman. Not to mention Calibri has a certain history in Turkish politics. From what I hear the cabinet will be announced next week.

Olcayto

Reactions
1 64
Not sure why all the smack talk about Mehmet Şimşek. He had a very good term in the past.

He already had a request to be appointed, but probably rejected it based on the fact he would not be abla to work without the meddling of RTE. He probably received a promise that he would be able work entirely independently.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think this is legit. Doesn't look like an executive order from the official gazette and there are some grammatical errors. Orders are typeset in Times New Roman. Not to mention Calibri has a certain history in Turkish politics. From what I hear the cabinet will be announced next week.
Yes, you might be right. This looks fake.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,622
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A margin call was made for a TL 1.67 billion short position in the stock exchange. For those who act according to the plan that the stock market will crash after RTE is elected, it is time to exchange dollars and gold.

FxcY5_AWwAIC9DF

Meanwhile, the Atlanticist political Islamist newspaper seems to have welcomed the Simsek speculation. A big contrast, and a development that undermines RTE's rhetoric in recent months. Markets are pricing in Simsek because there is intense speculation.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A margin call was made for a TL 1.67 billion short position in the stock exchange. For those who act according to the plan that the stock market will crash after RTE is elected, it is time to exchange dollars and gold.

FxcY5_AWwAIC9DF

Meanwhile, the Atlanticist political Islamist newspaper seems to have welcomed the Simsek speculation. A big contrast, and a development that undermines RTE's rhetoric in recent months. Markets are pricing in Simsek because there is intense speculation.

I wouldn't buy these speculations so early as Erdoğan continued mentioning/criticizing efforts of Mr Kılıçtaroğlu to get loans from the London bankers in the latest speech that he gave yesterday.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,681
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mehmet Şimşek will be appointed as the minister of treasury and finance. He will bring some talent. He is also given autonomy and he negotiated an interest rate increase with Erdogan before his appointment.
Expect an interest hike in the near future.
İbrahim Kalın and Hakan Fidan are also likely to be appointed as ministers.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom