Egypt Could Be KF-X's New Customer

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
KF-21 nationalization rate is going to increase with future blocks. Korean wiki states that national engines will be developed. I think that is reference to their Hanwha-GE partnership, where Korea will build F414 engines and critical parts under license. Korea developing its own engines also make sense considering the problems they will face when exporting KF-21s with advanced variants of F414.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As far as I know, Korea doesn't have patented single crystal turbine blade production technology. What they are talking about is a production under a license. USA rejected giving the modern AESA technology so Koreans enlisted the help of Israel(ELTA Systems) and trying to develop it locally. Israel help Korea to develop array antenna and T/R modules. Korean AESA radar also uses ELTA systems signal processors. Leonarda provides similar aid with IRST and EO targeting pod.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Egypt is not industriliazed enough for a fighter.
When i said egypt you could read it like whole arab world, i know that they are not but problem is they do not plan to go in that direction, way i see it they are just switching from one dependance to other without gaining any crucial advantage against possible main adversary and if you justify it wit dam situation, it is overkill anyway.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom