BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 622
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
When we speak about Bomber Drones, something like this is planned, but what I read from Charateristics it will not comparable to a strategic Bomber.

images-7-jpeg.22559

From TheInsider

I have no idea about the design and shape of the TAI UCAV but now that the genie is out of the bottle I know that

-It is a big and heavy UCAV expect 5-6 tonnes or higher.
-It will have a turbofan engine
-Its mission endurance will be 8 hours.
-It will carry a big amount of payload. More than Akıncı.
-A scaled model will be/has already been produced. I expect the first flight of the scaled model to be done in a year.
- The first flight of the full-sized UCAV will be done in 2025.
-It will be made public at some point like other TAI projects. I think it will be publicly announced in 2023 at the latest(IMHO it will be announced sooner).
-It will be able to fly at supersonic speeds(I expect max speed to be around 1.2 mach maybe up to 1.4) but mostly execute missions at high subsonic speeds.
-It will have A-A capability but I don't know the details of its A-A capability(BVR, WVR, self-protection)
-It will be expensive but it will still be much cheaper than a manned fighter.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced that HÜRKUŞ was exported to Niger.​

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,729
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey supposedly wanting to purchase Denmark’s 27 units of second hand block 10-15 class F16s.
I have no comments!
Any offers?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey supposedly wanting to purchase Denmark’s 27 units of second hand block 10-15 class F16s.
I have no comments!
Any offers?

8 old f16 been flying since 80’s. Planning to sell 24 out of 43 and they’ve flown an average of 6500 hours. 16-24 of the F16 have enough hours left to benefit a second buyer.

Why is Turkey purchasing this junk?
F16 isn’t junk. But the ones being sold are old.

IMO I doubt Turkey will get them, not when PH is in dire need of jets and F16 could fill out that role for a country low on currency.

Not to forget US approval is needed.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would we need those old ones, to upgrade to Ozgur?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Exactly, doesn't make sense!

Probably the Danes hope that Turkey could be a possible customer but Turkey does not have F16's in service with PW engines so the chance that Turkey would want them is very unlikely

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
8 old f16 been flying since 80’s. Planning to sell 24 out of 43 and they’ve flown an average of 6500 hours. 16-24 of the F16 have enough hours left to benefit a second buyer.

F16 isn’t junk. But the ones being sold are old.

IMO I doubt Turkey will get them, not when PH is in dire need of jets and F16 could fill out that role for a country low on currency.

Not to forget US approval is needed.

The plane can be refurbished and upgraded and I think will be enough for another 15 years operation. I think Indonesia should get 16 of them as our stop gap measure, particularly if we are talking that we only have 1.1 billion USD approval of total foreign loan for MRCA program (2020-2024).

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I have no comments!
Any offers?
Wtf Block-10 !! even Hürjet will be better than that.. You would need structural improvement, new avionics, new aesa, new engine! it will be very expensive upgrade, waste of money unless they are going to be used as trainers.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You may watch the bullet points here:

Why we would not argue s-400 decision!!!?? They get used to not get questioned!! You all will be questioned with your decisions and your actions!!
He will even say that siper development is thx to s-400 decision!!

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And who are you to demand that? A 3 star armchair general with 3000 hours of call of duty modern warfare....s.....

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,014
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And who are you to demand that? A 3 star armchair general with 3000 hours of call of duty modern warfare....s.....

His an F35 fanboy look at his username. Fighter_35. Big time F35 fanboy.

As much as I want the jets im not losing sleep over it.

Warfare has never been about 1 weapon.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why we would not argue s-400 decision!!!?? They get used to not get questioned!! You all will be questioned with your decisions and your actions!!
He will even say that siper development is thx to s-400 decision!!
There is actually no point in getting worked up over it, as there is absolutely nothing to be done unless we go for early elections, which isn’t happening.

You’re just getting your blood pressure up for no good. I think all the sound questions has been asked in the forum, but unless you can join a radio or tv show and ask your questions freely nothings gonna change.

My hunch tells me that we’re not getting full information on what the deal entails. Even if I. Demir wants to tell the public he can’t because of confidentiality.

Despite mistakes made we have to believe in proper progress being made defense sector.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is actually no point in getting worked up over it, as there is absolutely nothing to be done unless we go for early elections, which isn’t happening.

You’re just getting your blood pressure up for no good. I think all the sound questions has been asked in the forum, but unless you can join a radio or tv show and ask your questions freely nothings gonna change.

My hunch tells me that we’re not getting full information on what the deal entails. Even if I. Demir wants to tell the public he can’t because of confidentiality.

Despite mistakes made we have to believe in proper progress being made defense sector.
Yes progress made thanks to old people at SSM!! They tried so much to get as much share as possible from f-35 project but these people could not see what we will lose!!

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes progress made thanks to old people at SSM!! They tried so much to get as much share as possible from f-35 project but these people could not see what we will lose!!
You know, you can end some of your sentences with a simple dot. Not every sentence has to have an exclamation mark. You seem like a very angry person, all the time. It's not healthy.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

Buddha

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom