Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It comes off as if the Saudis broke his heart. Its really petty.

Thats how he is or recently with the "i love erdogan" billboards. Thats stuff he simply shouldnt do but does anyway and there are many other examples troughout the last years.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats how he is or recently with the "i love erdogan" billboards. Thats stuff he simply shouldnt do but does anyway and there are many other examples troughout the last years.

I love Erdogan billboards?? Are those in Turkey??

🤣🤣🤣

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
sorry for the feto source but here:

Fetocus are so fcking stupid lmaoooo

They are literally bolsting Erdogans image with their shitty optics.

What do you expect from a bunch of brainwashed cult d-heads. These retards are a cult now they masquerade themselves as peace loving "liberals".

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In addition, there are differences between Egypt and the United Arab Emirates over a number of regional issues, including the Libyan conflict and the Emiratis’ normalization of relations with Israel. Some reports indicate that there is a widening gap between the two countries’ perceptions of these issues. For example, while Egypt believes that there is a possibility to reach a political solution to the Libyan crisis through negotiations, the UAE insists on the necessity of a military solution and supports Haftar in his attempt to wage war on the GNA. Cairo also looks to the swift normalization process between the UAE and Israel with suspicion, as Egypt sees the UAE’s growing regional presence as a challenge to its own role, interests, and image as a regional power.

The entire article is worth reading, if you're interested in the conflict and geopolitics.

@Philip the Arab

And another article focusing more on the Turkish-Egypt relations:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,477
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
What I'm wondering is if the UAE thinks of this. Could it be supporting Egypt doing this or against it?
With the Biden administration coming some things have to change. If UAE continues its enmity, refuses to mend ties and refuse to concentrate solely on Iran then I fear it will be irrelevant. Even before all these situations the relations between Turkey and UAE were not so high. The relations between Turkey and UAE will never be brotherly but I am sure it's not in UAE's interests to continue with its active policies against Turkey while the country is mending ties with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Israel. UAE must have some break that will be useful for both countries and the region.

S

Sinan

What Erdogan said on Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

"Mısır'la istihbari, diplomatik ve ekonomik olarak işbirliği sürecimiz devam ediyor. Sıkıntı söz konusu değil. Bunu en üst düzeyde değil de, bir tık altında devam ediyor. Gönlümüz ister ki Mısırla olan bu süreci çok daha güçlü devam ettirelim. Bu istihbari, diplomatik ve siyasi görüşmeler netice verici olduktan sonra bunu daha ileri taşırız. Mısır halkıyla Türk milletinin ayrı olması söz konusu değil. Mısır halkını Yunanistan'ın yanına yerleştirmek söz konusu değil. Olması gereken yerde görmek isteriz. Suudi Arabistan'ın Yunanistan ile ortak tatbikata girmesi bizi üzmüştür. Biz Suudi Arabistan'ı da böyle bir kararda görmek istemezdik. Bunu da görüşeceğiz, bu böyle olmamalıydı diye düşünüyoruz."

You can't act like there is no problem with these countries. Main reason is Erdogan's unconditional support for Muslim Brotherhood Islamists. I don't know what he is expecting without solving the main issue.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Translation: The multilateral diplomatic movement that the region is witnessing in the direction of building bridges is encouraging and necessary, and it is important to communicate and continue dialogue and repair rifts on the basis of respect for sovereignty and non-interference in internal affairs. The stability of the region will only be achieved through dialogue and communication of its countries.

Interesting statement from Anwar Gargash, could mean the UAE approves normalization of ties with Turkey?
@what @Sinan

S

Sinan

Translation: The multilateral diplomatic movement that the region is witnessing in the direction of building bridges is encouraging and necessary, and it is important to communicate and continue dialogue and repair rifts on the basis of respect for sovereignty and non-interference in internal affairs. The stability of the region will only be achieved through dialogue and communication of its countries.

Interesting statement from Anwar Gargash, could mean the UAE approves normalization of ties with Turkey?
@what @Sinan
I think Arab states expects the first move from Turkey. What the first step should be is clear as day.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

@what @Sinan

Lots of very cryptic messages lately. Could be targeted at Qatar too, so I wouldn't put too much value on it. I just don't see right now how a new chapter can be opened with the UAE. I'm a bit pessimistic when it comes to the UAE.

Maybe Egypt and Israel warming up to Turkey could bring some movement, even without any MB dealings.

By the way here's a rebuttal from the Egyptian side. As I said, Turkey wants better ties but the countries will play hard to get, the get the maximum out of it. My understanding from some Egyptian people is that, Sissi is as scared of MB as Tayyip is of anything FETO. They want certain MB personnel expelled and their offices closed in Turkey.

Libya for now seems cooled down, Egypt is pretty okay with the new leadership and is even opening their embassy in the capital again. This is a topic where both countries could cooperate.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Some statements from Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu to TRT

Meanwhile, he revealed a positive issue regarding the relations with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia and said that his country does not have any problems with the Gulf states.

"Recently, we see positive messages from Abu Dhabi. We see that the negative campaigns against Turkey have decreased," he said, adding that Ankara already did not have any problems with the UAE, but it had a negative approach towards Turkey.

"For us, there's no reason for not mending our ties with Saudi Arabia. If they take a positive step, we will do so as well. The same goes for the UAE," he stressed.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can erdo really afford that tho, 2 years left to fix the refugee issue otherwise this deal will come back and bite him in the ass.

Erdo wanted that sweet eu money while the eu screwed him over.

A

Akhtar

Can erdo really afford that tho, 2 years left to fix the refugee issue otherwise this deal will come back and bite him in the ass.
The money they paid last time is worth much more now given the drop in the lira. The Syrians are potential Erdogan voters and sending him back destroys his standing with rebels. It is also illegal if the area is not safe for return. EU/UN have already said its not safe. Also Erdogan's islam image.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The money they paid last time is worth much more now given the drop in the lira.

They dont pay Turkey directly for that, they have their own projects and the money they invest is also bullshit because they get it back trough backdoor actions (like inflating the projects size). The refugees themself are expensive and are also responsible for a spike in imports (they also have their needs like electronics etc) which then results in bigger imports that in turn in a bigger trade deficit that in turn volatility for the lira that in turn for a decrease in living standards for turks etc. but thats another topic.

The Syrians are potential Erdogan voters and sending him back destroys his standing with rebels.
They are not potential erdogan voters, they will vote for him and not sending them back will become an even bigger problem for his own domestic voterbase then it is already.

It is also illegal if the area is not safe for return. EU/UN have already said its not safe.
Its also illegal to sink refugee boats in the aegean and thats where the EU is very active and the EU for example is safe and the safe zones as well.
Also Erdogan's islam image.
He already made up his mind and that is that they have to return, how is the question he still hasnt gotten figured out and he has 2 years left to figure that out.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom