Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAE will make cheap copies of it and try to squeeze Baykar out of the market. Or sell it to Russia and China and other Turkish opponents.

Astoundingly bad move.
Russia has much better back ground of making a copy yet there is nothing acquired out of captured tb2s.
Having tb2 is something, knowing how to use it it compeletely different.
Without munitions tb2 especially akinci means almost nothing.
Do you think they dare to copy those platform that cause logistics risks.
By Having this deal baykar can open up New possibilities in companies like
Baykar
Aselsan
Roketsan
Havelsan
Tubitak sage and many more.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAE will make cheap copies of it and try to squeeze Baykar out of the market. Or sell it to Russia and China and other Turkish opponents.

Astoundingly bad move.
This depends on the extent of technology transfer they will obtain. Electronic warfare , AI, and sensor technology improves at a high speed. If Baykar uses that 2bn wisely, in five years UAE would be stuck with outdated technology. Unless they attract our engineers! So it all depends, we have to be careful.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,437
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Swedish Prime Minister Andersson announces he will resign after election defeat

Aftonbladet newspaper claimed that the prime minister of the new government would be Conservative Party leader Ulf Kristersson and that experienced politician Carl Bildt, who had previously served as Foreign Minister in the country for many years, would be appointed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

On the other hand, the Swedish media claimed that the government in question was more interested in the NATO agreement with Turkey and that the possible government was the worst scenario for the supporters of the terrorist organization PKK/YPG.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I am little bit surprised our turkish freinds here didn't gave that much attention on a recent development in Cyprus! They are buying the iron dome from Israel. I think it is destabilizing in the region and pose a notable threat to turkish interest and national security.

the radar EL/M 2084 has similar capability to aslesans ERIS. which likely to be used indirectly by israel and greece to surveil deep into anatolian airspace.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am little bit surprised our turkish freinds here didn't gave that much attention on a recent development in Cyprus! They are buying the iron dome from Israel. I think it is destabilizing in the region and pose a notable threat to turkish interest and national security.

the radar EL/M 2084 has similar capability to aslesans ERIS. which likely to be used indirectly by israel and greece to surveil deep into anatolian airspace.

We have too many people simping for Israel that they wont make a voice about it thats why.

Then again we will find ways to counter the iron dome.

Israel is a threat to our interests in the Middle East and the Eastern Med.

M

Manomed

Its not a big deal for our army in cyprus we can easily destroy those batteries

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have too many people simping for Israel that they wont make a voice about it thats why.

Then again we will find ways to counter the iron dome.

Israel is a threat to our interests in the Middle East and the Eastern Med.
Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu said that the news about the deployment of the iron dome defense system to the Greek Cypriot part was denied by Israel.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Its not a big deal for our army in cyprus we can easily destroy those batteries
I have no doubts that TAF is capable of taking out iron dome. Actually, those interceptor won't be able to threaten turkish jets. However, I am talking about the radar itself. It may work as some kind of early warning instalation for israel and greece. I mean, the situation is quite similar to 1997. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_S-300_crisis#:~:text=The%20Cypriot%20S%2D300%20crisis,early%201997%20and%20late%201998.&ved=2ahUKEwintJHDy5j6AhWnBbcAHYAWDPEQFnoECAYQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2u6VTZbQNuxg55lgD0tn5C
Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu said that the news about the deployment of the iron dome defense system to the Greek Cypriot part was denied by Israel.

No, they didn't deployed it yet. I was talking about that deal. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...MQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2okmewdFLfWwfh9Vbs643N

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have no doubts that TAF is capable of taking out iron dome. Actually, those interceptor won't be able to threaten turkish jets. However, I am talking about the radar itself. It may work as some kind of early warning instalation for israel and greece. I mean, the situation is quite similar to 1997. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_S-300_crisis#:~:text=The%20Cypriot%20S%2D300%20crisis,early%201997%20and%20late%201998.&ved=2ahUKEwintJHDy5j6AhWnBbcAHYAWDPEQFnoECAYQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2u6VTZbQNuxg55lgD0tn5C

No, they didn't deployed it yet. I was talking about that deal. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...MQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2okmewdFLfWwfh9Vbs643N

The radar should only give marginal additional capability over existing capabilities.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The radar should only give marginal additional capability over existing capabilities.
Yeah! But I was suprised that, in 1997 turkey literally threatened to take out that s300 battery. But this time there wasn't that much of concerns over the iron dome.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah! But I was suprised that, in 1997 turkey literally threatened to take out that s300 battery. But this time there wasn't that much of concerns over the iron dome.

Different times different policies.

Maykopanter

Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Breaking news! https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BKAB6BAgJEAI&usg=AOvVaw0sYAl_SXrERbeSCnEVHWy7 I think this is good. At least, it is some sort of solution after a bloody decade of war. And turkey now has the leverage in negotiation's table.
It can be a good starting point. However, I reckon this is more about the short-term rather than a full rapproachment.

"Accelerating the political solution" reads like "decelerating the military (non)solution" given the context in the article. Said context lays out the joint Turkish-Russian interest in managing the military-power vacuums that open up as Russia considers taking some of its military away from Syria.
Given that after a series of threats about launching a new operation into Syria, Erdogan still said "diplomacy with Assad isn't out of question", it seems to me that both TR and RUS are telegraphing (each in their own style, I guess) that when either Turkish or Syrian soldiers spot one another on the field, their orders won't be to shoot. At least, for the time being.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rumors indicate that both Egypt and Saudi Arabia are also interested in joining the Shanghai Co-operation organisation
So what?? We are like these 3rd world shit holes?? All of them are anti democratic countries . Our place is west not east!! Only trade with eastern anti democratic countries!!

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom