Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,916
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
You have not followed Turkish foreign policy. You are free to believe what you want. Russia has always tried to push Turkey away from NATO. On top of that, they sold almost useless S-400s for billions of dollars.
I followed it since 25 years.
Yes, Russia try to cut NATO from Turkey. But what is your point in that?
What do you mean with, useless S-400 system!
If I want force Turkey to buy something, I would choose Helis, tanks, maybe jets . But not critical systems to a country WHO SHOOT DOWN MY FIGHTER JET AND KILL MY PILOT. Sounds illogical.

Last edited:

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,805
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
20240613_095216.jpg

New sanctions against Turkish companies by US

Some appear to be co-owned or owned by russians

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Aren't they honking about HIMARS and wiping out Turkiye's offensive capabilities within 48 hours?

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,805
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

That's one way to solve the birth rate problem, import more citizens.

The only other reason is if these became the government in Syria (0 chance) it would be closer to TR.

A legacy of Davutoglu's Arab opening.

These people when they realize they cannot live in Syria will have the language skills to move and work in TR, additional labour.

Last edited:

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,805
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Iskander

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
9 943
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
An interesting article about Turkish-Russian relations was published on the Armenian website. It's not in the English version, so I decided to translate it.

Russia takes into account the political and economic realities of the South Caucasus; Russia does not have the strength to get Turkey out of here. Dmitry Trenin, scientific director of the Institute of Military Economics and Strategy at the Higher School of Economics, stated this during a discussion on June 12.

“Russia is not an empire, we have come out of the imperial era, there is no struggle between Russia and Turkey for Transcaucasia.
Russia's relations with Turkey are very complex; they combine elements of cooperation and interaction with elements of competition, fortunately not yet hostility.

Russia strives to avoid hostility in every possible way, as does Türkiye. Today no one has any illusions about Turkey. But this country today is a very important counterparty to Russia.

Russia tried and partially succeeded in the difficult situation of 2020 related to the Karabakh conflict, to achieve not a quadrilateral, but a trilateral statement and agree to a formal military presence of Turkey within the framework of the Russian-Turkish mission.
Then it was possible, of course, to stigmatize Turkey, but what would Russian foreign policy gain from this? Another front?

Today Russia has fewer resources than the Russian Empire once had in its relations with the Ottoman Empire, and fewer resources than the USSR.

It is not that Russia agrees with the rise of Turkish influence, it simply views it as a geopolitical reality.

The future of the Russian Federation will depend on how, when and how the special military operation ends.
If Russia achieves victory, then it will be a completely different situation, and Russia will act much more actively in other areas, and Turkey knows this, which has taken its position regarding the war in Ukraine, and this position is not pro-Russian, Trenin emphasized.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
62 30,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Communist army monitors Turkish warships east of Taiwan strait center line for the first time

On June 4, a report from Taiwan's Ling Media stated that the Turkish Navy's Ada-class anti-submarine frigate, which had been patrolling near Japan since April, recently sailed through the Taiwan Strait. In response, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) swiftly deployed the Type 052D Lishui guided missile destroyer, shifting its surveillance area from the western side of the center line to the eastern side.

Top Bottom