Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
@AlphaMike I can't avoid but read clear provocation into your messages.

Yes Algeria had a coup back nearly right after the civilwar, but if you read the wiki you can see that the President pretty much started to turn into a dictator which was the reason for the bloodless coup.

I'd like to point out that someone appointing themselves with so much waste powers must be removed immediately and only an army that does coups would make such a move. (Assuming they all have an educational level that gives them insight to where it'll lead).

Egypt had one when the President back then gave himself waste powers to overturn the judiciary, even Turkey had an attempted coup as you may recall, and I think it's pretty obvious how much power RTE has and how he plays banana republic. Unfortunately.

However Algeria was one of the last colonies of western imperialism as I recall and that ended nearly 20 years after WW2... I think the last colony in Africa was gone in the 70's.

British decolonization.

1637474527896.png

French colonies
1637474798806.png

@CEZAYIRLI could be less condescending when replying to keep the discussion on an informative and civil tongue.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
@AlphaMike I can't avoid but read clear provocation into your messages.

Yes Algeria had a coup back nearly right after the civilwar, but if you read the wiki you can see that the President pretty much started to turn into a dictator which was the reason for the bloodless coup.

I'd like to point out that someone appointing themselves with so much waste powers must be removed immediately and only an army that does coups would make such a move.

Egypt had one when the President back then gave himself waste powers to overturn the judiciary, even Turkey had an attempted coup as you may recall, and I think it's pretty obvious how much power RTE has and how he plays banana republic. Unfortunately.

However Algeria was one of the last colonies of western imperialism as I recall and that ended nearly 20 years after WW2... I think the last colony in Africa was gone in the 70's.

British decolonization.

first of all, I did not mention Algeria by name, I simply mentioned most non Western military are either in the business of coups and shady business, meanwhile @CEZAYIRLI clearly said in his post #21

My country Algeria has an Army that in non-Western, yet it doesn't mount Coup d'Etats

I realized this and correct him in my following post #26.

I don't have any grudge towards Algeria, scroll all the message and you'll see the one's dragging Algeria here is Cezayirli.

So I don't know why I'm the one provoking anybody here, in fact for the insults he sent, my reply is pretty cool.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This loser @AlphaMike keeps provoking us here intentionally by stating that "Africa needs France", when everyone knows that France had committed a Genocide in Algeria as well as elsewhere in Africa.

nobody need your opinion when the acting government of Mali stated it themselves.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They can ask help from Turkey, Russia or even The US. France committed genocide in Africa, everyone hates them.
First of all, no problem. Turkey has a very capable western modelled army. Their COIN records in Iraq are well known.

But again, the local govt in Sub-Saharan Africa which are mostly Francophone had been asking France to help, is this because they share the same language and to make communication easy ?? who knows ??

The things is the fact remains, France is central to many of their former colonies security especially in the Sub Sharan region. In the long run, its stupid for France to continue fighting in a perpetual conflict in the Sahara. Malians, Burkina Faso and most Sub Saharan countries need to fight for themselves and stop relying on foreign powers. The thing is could they ???

HaZZan

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Western Sahara
Several local protesters were injured after French soldiers fired warning shots into a civilian blockade. Anger against France's military intervention has been growing in the African country.
French soldiers in Burkina Faso shot and injured at least four protesters on Saturday amid a three-day standoff in the town of Kaya.
The military convoy was stopped by a blockade of civilians who are upset with the activities of the former colonial power which is active in the region aiding the fight against Islamist groups linked to al-Qaeda and the so-called "Islamic State" (IS).
None of the injuries were life-threatening according to police. Mostly they came from warning shots at the ground hitting people in the legs.
"Today they shot at us with heavy weapons. They first shot in the air and after they shot and wounded people. Is that normal?'' protester Mahamadi Sawadogo told AP news agency. "You're in our country, even though you colonized Africans there are things you must not do.''

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You are talking garbage about Africa. You are racist and you are garbage. They should ban you for these insensitive racist statements. Stay away from Africa, boy.
am not racist, I'm a firm believer that any country's military could rise from nothing into the elite club of military. Either its Caucasians, Asians or Africans.

Japan demonstrated this during the Meiji restoration, in less than 3 decades. Japan rises from a traditional obsolete military into a world class fighting force.

But no country could emulate Japan's Meiji military when your officers are in the business of coups and politics. Certainly not when this is the norm.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Provocative posts have been deleted and necassary warnings have been issued! Debate all you want, but stay away from personal insults. Thanks!

OPTIMUS

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's the Mali government who wants France in their land

you should blame the Malian government and their military for being so inept
turn the game => France needs IS to stay MALI. Without IS there would be no France. W This theater is played every day in Syria.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
turn the game => France needs IS to stay MALI. Without IS there would be no France. W This theater is played every day in Syria.
Why would they stay in Mali ?? that's a lot of money to sustain troops far away from home with little in return.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would they stay in Mali ?? that's a lot of money to sustain troops far away from home with little in return.
It’s not just Mali. Africa is a cash cow for France. You may not know but Many african countries still ude Franc and the only one who can print it is France. And where does the monetary equivalent of printed Franc get stashed ? France

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It’s not just Mali. Africa is a cash cow for France. You may not know but Many african countries still ude Franc and the only one who can print it is France. And where does the monetary equivalent of printed Franc get stashed ? France
Yeah, basically those countries are already using Franc even before the 2013 intervention.

If you are France which way would you choose ?

1. Milking Africa whist having no security commitment
2. Milking Africa whilst having to also throwing money to sustain Africa

am sure France like all capitalistic country would choose #1

In fact France had threatened to pull its troops out few months ago, certainly France is OK by not putting troops in Africa.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom