uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,210
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Hürjet has no priority. In fact, it did not win the Malaysia tender.

It looks like all teams will be working for Kaan.

Kaan must be out before the 2028 election.
How are you gonna train the pilots for KAAN? I mean we have trainer aircraft but a modern and complicated system like KAAN is very different and Hürjet shares similar panels etc for a reason. And KAAN has no two seater

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How are you gonna train the pilots for KAAN? I mean we have trainer aircraft but a modern and complicated system like KAAN is very different and Hürjet shares similar panels etc for a reason. And KAAN has no two seater
They will be trained directly with Kaan, before that Kaan simulator will be continued. They will do it with what they have. Support from partner countries will be sought.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,843
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
T-38s aren’t bad planes to be trained on. Also there should be a few Hurjet planes ready to be trained on by 2028, as 12 initial orders were already placed with Tusas last year. Low level initial production should provide early examples of Hurjet trainers.
There were 42 members of our airforce being trained on F35s at Elgin airbase in US before Turkey was kicked out. Out of these 4 were pilots who were to train others back in Turkey. Having had training on a 5th generation plane, their experience would come in very handy and useful in the training of prospective KAAN pilots.
Turkey has already ordered 100 F404 engines from GE with a sought precondition of licensed production at TEI. That adds up to just over 90 planes.
If what Temel Kotil says is achievable, and looking at Tusas’s past performance, then at a rate of 2 planes a month - with more like 12 planes a year, we are looking at nearly 8 years to complete after serial production starts. But whatever the case, we should have a few Hurjet trainers in hand to train our KAAN pilot candidates.

Think positive!

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I doubt this.

If this news is true, then it's illogical to expect KAAN to enter into service before 2030.
Tbh anything less than a decade between first prototype and mass production would be nothing short of a neck breaking speed, even more so for a country thats making its first indigenous design of this scale.
To me a date before or around 2030 was not very realistic from the beginning.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I reached some people and Hurjet is on track for 2025. This news might be related to the armed or naval version of Hurjet.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Frankly speaking Hurjet training befor KAAN can only provide may be some very basic orientation to avionics set up ! KAAN will be a different kind of beast in every single way. Luckly Havelsan is in a diffrent league when it comes to simulators.

Already shared but as a kind of reminder;

In order to develop MMU embedded training systems, KAAN Training Systems Contract” was signed between TUSAŞ and HAVELSAN during İDEF 2023. Thanks to the Embedded Training System KAAN pilots will be able to receive training while flying.

HAVELSAN General Manager Mehmet Akif Nacar, in his speech at the signing ceremony, said, “According to this concept called Live, Virtual, and Constructive in the World, we are happy to be able to develop the training systems of KAAN MMU from end to end with the experience and capabilities we have.

”TUSAŞ General Manager Temel Kotil also stated that KAAN will fly by the end of the year, but before that, the test pilots will test the flight quality with HAVELSAN's simulator.

Just as an example this is What Thales undertands from Live, Virtual, and Constructive

AND THIS IS WAHT HAVELSAN UNDERSTANDS FROM LIVE, VIRTUAL AND CONSTRUCTIVE :devilish: :devilish:

Last edited:

Bilal Khan(Quwa) 

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
3 228
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Hürjet service entry date has been pushed to 2028. A division of engineers within TAI are conducting studies regarding the aircraft's naval variant.

I'm just speculating, but I think TAI will carry out major redesign work on the Hurjet platform to draw out its potential as a fighter aircraft, be it from a light (or even full-scale) aircraft carrier or from land. I can see them come up with a larger design (16-17-ton) powered by a GE F414-class engine, similar to the Gripen E/F IMO.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,511
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I'm just speculating, but I think TAI will carry out major redesign work on the Hurjet platform to draw out its potential as a fighter aircraft, be it from a light (or even full-scale) aircraft carrier or from land. I can see them come up with a larger design (16-17-ton) powered by a GE F414-class engine, similar to the Gripen E/F IMO.

But they already awarded contract for 100 F404 engines to GE. Which means current Hujet will be produced in numbers.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

First Hurjets to be produced will be the trainer variant and will begin to go into inventory beginning from 2025. Armed version of currenr Hurjet fuselage will be ready for operations in 2/3 years after trainer variant. Carrier capable Hurjets will evolve into a true fighter aircraft not now but block by block. Landing and taking off with an aircraft which was primarily designed for training roles on AC wouldn't make much sense and it's not worth time and money spent If you need a carrier capable aircraft to be able to perform joint operation capability with fighter drones and UCAVs (declared by officials) in enemy air space thanks to advanced links and sensor fusion as well as need to taking off from sea platform with heavier loads and flying with better speed figures

Carrier capable platforms all around the World are performing air supremacy, interdiction, aerial reconnaissance, ground support, in-depth strike, antiship missions in an environment where fleets of enemy aircraft and warships equipped with long-range air defense systems/BVR's are at sea/above the sea. These are the duties that an aircraft taking off from an AC must perform due to the nature of the environment they are operated, so these aircrafts will have to be integrated with optic/radar sensor fusion as well as FEWS like self-protection systems. Considering all these, it will not be possible for the current Hürjey fuselage to carry all these sensor load and to perform duties specified with this load so new variants of Naval Hurjet aircraft will take target one step further.

At present, They will strenghten landing gears first and integrate a hook mechnanism and most likely design a new wing form to increase the grip of the aircraft and most likely, they will fly with navalized Hurjets in 2028. First, Officials will see Hurjet Naval design can safely land and take off on AC runway established on a land platform, then new variants of this aircraft will be shaped around this capability and possibly with more advanced engines will be on agenda (I expect). By this way, More difficult requirements I mentioned above will be on agenda for engineers step by step.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,892
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's official. Hurjet's induction has been pushed back by 3 years. It will enter into service in 2028 if everything goes ok.

So all the push we've witnessed in Q1 was about elections. Now it's over and we're back to reality.

I am glad that we have private companies like BAYKAR that is discoupled from the state owned companies. They will, hopefully, give us some breathing room till TAI sort their things out.

At this point, for me, there is zero chance that we'll receive any KAAN before 2030(optimistically speaking).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,207
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Malaysia deal is lost, there is no rush. I hear that palm oil is not as healthy as olive oil so why even bother rushing Hürjet. We need to see what project deserves more attention and focus accordingly. Engine projects are certainly more exciting now as we have already seen we can fly with our planes.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,555
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It's official. Hurjet's induction has been pushed pack by 3 years. It will enter into service in 2028 if everything goes ok.

So all the push we've witnessed in Q1 was about elections. Now it's over and we're back to reality.

I am glad that we have private companies like BAYKAR that is discoupled from the state owned companies. They will, hopefully, give us some breathing room till TAI sort their things out.

At this point, for me, there is zero chance that we'll receive any KAAN before 2030(optimistically speaking).

Not exactly, it is still 2025, SST is just pushing old interviews while Temel Kotil and many other employees stated the date "2025" a lot of times before and after this interview, again 2028 is probably the date for full rate serial production

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I love this livery by the way, the camo on the mockup made it look a bit like a toy.
I like the blue one before

1692683179488.png

Last edited:

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
She does not need afterburner during take off.Hürjet P1 were in trouble with birth strike now the F404 is reparired or changed with new.,

Last edited:
Top Bottom