Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 712
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
If we want , we can make Hürjet unmanned in six months because it has an autopilot feature.
( So why don't you want?:) )

I really wonder if Hürjet is a heavily base/hangar dependent aircraft.

Also i would love to see Hürjet landing and taking off Highways.

İn Ukrainian war , Drones are in everywhere, drones attack Russian airbases and destroying Russian fighters. Russians can't hide their fighters.

İf Hürjet were like Gripens, you could maintain the aircraft in everywhere.
Pretty sure Turkey will have 1st priority for the hurjet meaning by the time Ukraine even gets an order(assuming turkey wants to give it for free) the su-75s will get produced and let me give you a little hint. Atleast the turks are not like the French calling a 4th gen plus aircraft 5th plus for slapping new avionics and missiles on it.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,800
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We might still see major differences as time goes on though. We have now entered a stage in which development will never stop. There will be no "design freeze"
When you put it like that, it makes sense. Do you think we will see a similar approach with Hürjet and if they do it, Hürkuş-2?

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Hürjet during some formation flying with the Turkish Stars display team. HUD has been installed.

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 13.23.25.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 13.23.40.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 13.23.10.png

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,129
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Any update on the 2nd prototype. When will we see it flying?

Also, is doing these kind of things with the 1st prototype normal? I guess TAI has a lot of confidence in the prototype.
They've expanded the envelope enough to allow this. TAI would've brought the aircraft to TEKNOFEST if they were overconfident. Thankfully they're not.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
They've expanded the envelope enough to allow this. TAI would've brought the aircraft to TEKNOFEST if they were overconfident. Thankfully they're not.

Has nothing to do with confidence, TAI is conducting test flights and did not interupt the tests for Teknofest.

16th or 17th testflight was conducted during Teknofest was going on.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,206
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI probably did not want to look imprudent as a large aviation company by showing at Teknofest otherwise it is the same city different neighborhood.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Has nothing to do with confidence, TAI is conducting test flights and did not interupt the tests for Teknofest.

16th or 17th testflight was conducted during Teknofest was going on.
No? I would suggest that it does. If a company is willing to interrupt the flight test campaign of a platform for the sake of an aerospace festival, then it would be fitting to suggest that there is in fact an excess amount of confidence among other sub-clauses.

Either way, TAI wouldn't have displayed Hürjet even if there wasn't flight test activities ongoing. This doesn't mean TAI isn't confident with Hürjet, it simply points to the fact that TAI is once again choosing to follow their well established aviation safety culture above other topics.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
And what exactly is wrong with aviation safety? TAI was present at the Teknofest, just did not bring the Hurjet that had her planned test procedures. Do you have any idea how much it costs to break of test procedures, cancel activities of the personnel involved etc. etc.

And for what? To show it on Teknofest, while a mockup is stalled there? I think TAI did the right thing, concentrate on what is really important.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
And what exactly is wrong with aviation safety? TAI was present at the Teknofest, just did not bring the Hurjet that had her planned test procedures. Do you have any idea how much it costs to break of test procedures, cancel activities of the personnel involved etc. etc.

And for what? To show it on Teknofest, while a mockup is stalled there? I think TAI did the right thing, concentrate on what is really important.
When did I ever say TAI did something wrong? :)

I believe you're constantly failing to grasp my argument so I'm stressing my initial point again and in greater detail.

TAI would've brought the aircraft to TEKNOFEST if they were overconfident.

I'm saying if TAI was careless enough to bring an aircraft that is undergoing testing to a festival it would've portrayed enough evidence to treat the misdemeanour in question as an act of overconfidence. Unlike confidence, overconfidence is often seen as a manipulator that could potentially trigger failure. It's best for all sides to avoid it, this is especially true for the aviation sector (both civil and military). And I'm praising TAI for sticking to their culture via not opting to forcibly bring the aircraft to teknofest, therefore enabling the flight test campaign to move swiftly. My comment, from beginning to end, was a full on praise. Nothing more nothing less. I now hope I was able to get my point across.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to break of test procedures, cancel activities of the personnel involved etc. etc.
As someone who has been deeply involved with TAI, yes. I'm well aware. 😁

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
• HÜRJET Chief Test Pilot Ercan Çelik:
• It's really exciting to take such an acrothym on your arm and fly it. It is a great honor and privilege to have done this with HÜRJET. We have successfully performed this and HÜRJET has never been a stranger among Turkish Stars. "We showed good leadership."
• We have seen the sensitivity of the Flight Control System and that HURJET can control the 6 planes in the arm in a way that will not distract. One of HÜRJET's future missions, perhaps the best one, will be with the Turkish Stars."

F5kp5zdXQAAc4i7.jpeg

F5kp27zWkAA95On.jpeg

F5kp271XwAA7BnE.jpeg

F5kp27xXMAAc_3-.jpeg

Via Göksel Yıldırım

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
• HÜRJET Chief Test Pilot Ercan Çelik:
• It's really exciting to take such an acrothym on your arm and fly it. It is a great honor and privilege to have done this with HÜRJET. We have successfully performed this and HÜRJET has never been a stranger among Turkish Stars. "We showed good leadership."
• We have seen the sensitivity of the Flight Control System and that HURJET can control the 6 planes in the arm in a way that will not distract. One of HÜRJET's future missions, perhaps the best one, will be with the Turkish Stars."

View attachment 60931

View attachment 60932

View attachment 60933

View attachment 60934

Via Göksel Yıldırım
HÜRJET, Turkey's first jet-powered military aircraft, has made 20 flights so far.

💢HÜRJET Chief Test Pilot Ercan Çelik: "As long as the weather conditions and all conditions allow, we are now in a routine. We fly 2-3 times a week, like a serial plane. This is a very good thing.

💢I can say that this is the biggest plus. I have been involved in other projects before, so don't worry about flying this frequently... Our plane continues to be that way because it has already taken its first flight in a mature state. I hope we will continue this way as long as there is no setback.

💢The plane will improve day by day like this. "As the Flight Control System, avionics, pilot assistants and all systems gradually prove themselves, we will see HÜRJETs increase in number as production follows and other aircraft are released."
F5kxSeAXcAAX96l.jpeg

F5kxvnsXQAA07UA.jpeg

F5kxxYEWoAAgS00.jpeg

F5kxyFkXYAAg0ZC.jpeg

Via SST

Last edited:

buraktunahan

Reactions
9 366
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the latest situation in Hürjet's tests? Does anyone have information? (Has Hürjet ever made a supersonic flight? How many g rotations has it made? etc.)

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 385
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I want to see Hurjet in Air Force livery. And also other prototypes

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet Canopy.jpg

It'd look much nicer if the canopy extended and was flush with the fuselage in the area highlighted. I don't know if we can't make it that way (due to technological hurdles) or if it was a design choice but it does take away from it both aesthetically and in terms of craftsmanship appearance comparing with peer competitors (T-7, JL-10, T-50 for comparison; theirs also protruding outwards much more than Hürjet, kind of mimicing a bubble canopy).
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEgGif-bb7QvlzZwDCItlUfBoYoEshNkMdSctpWJlwEcJTDPDAuJODKIEIaQ3leVqDlVV8T39wtpnjcWxprwmXq_2AYfItro0eG50jLvDIwpjfd-O6wWdM47UcyNCFqCnJ3qQ1wnoCt7OGtDaqC3YFFE8e9wsE-r05fV2YS9vllmmjDwTkPhWxlfEZdkmw 2516 - Hongdu JL-10 - China - Air Force
https://corporalfrisk.files.wordpress.com/2022/08/t-50-visit-poland-4-sls-fb.jpg

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom