cicaklaut 

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Interesting info from Malaysia regarding prices of TAI Hurjet, KAI FA-50, YAK 130, MiG-35, HAL Tejas & CAC JF-17

1669021628878.png

Prices are in Ringgit Malaysia and for 18 aircraft. Below are per unit prices in USD-million:
TAI Hurjet: $35.3
CAC JF-17: $39.5
HAL Tejas: $46.0
YAK 130: $47.50
KAI FA-50: $48.8
MiG-35: $78.8

Malaysia would be so inept to not choose Hurjet combined with industrial participation. So much to learn from a Turkiye that is ever willing to share with a brother Muslim state.

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 419
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea
Interesting info from Malaysia regarding prices of TAI Hurjet, KAI FA-50, YAK 130, MiG-35, HAL Tejas & CAC JF-17

View attachment 50641

Prices are in Ringgit Malaysia and for 18 aircraft. Below are per unit prices in USD-million:

Malaysia would be so inept to not choose Hurjet combined with industrial participation. So much to learn from a Turkiye that is ever willing to share with a brother Muslim state.
Oh, the price is impressive! I'm also waiting for Hurjet to come out soon.

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
There is a high probability that the JF17 will win the tender. The promise of local production for the 18 aircraft is hilarious. I don't think there will be a direct local production opportunity for the JF 17. The armed version of Hürjet could be ready in 2026 at best, so it doesn't stand a chance anyway. It's a good option in KAI, but the price seems a bit expensive to me.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 50641

Choosing Fa-50 over Hürjet would be a huge mistake. Koreans doesn't offer much Malaysian industry involve.

Crush716

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Choosing Fa-50 over Hürjet would be a huge mistake. Koreans doesn't offer much Malaysian industry involve.

View attachment 50641

Malaysia would be so inept to not choose Hurjet combined with industrial participation. So much to learn from a Turkiye that is ever willing to share with a brother Muslim sta
They have a working plane tho 🤷🏻‍♂️ if the Koreans win the bid, what is the delivery date we are looking at? @cicaklaut ?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 50641

TAI attaches great importance to this (possible) partnership. Probably the fact that the price offered is so low is unique to Malaysia.

cicaklaut 

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia

View attachment 50641

Is it right to declare that you have RM4 billion to spend on 18 light combat aircraft (LCA) and then 3 bids come in close to RM 4 billion?
Should the Malaysian government have just solicited bids for 18 LCA without mentioning their budget?
For any party wishing to find the best price of anything, your budget should never be revealed to the seller?

So that is why I suspect that KAI had been told by Malaysia's Defence Minister to quote RM4 billion for 18 FA-50's with the difference from the actual cost to be pocketed by agents of the Defence Minister.

For context the same Defence Minister was involved with Malaysia's troubled ASW Frigate program:
LCS scandal: "Hishammuddin should know he’s not just a postman” (focusmalaysia.my)

I am so saddened by my nation. We just concluded our national elections last week and I see no prospect of national improvement on any front.
No clear winner as Malaysia election ends in hung parliament | News | Al Jazeera

We desperately need our own Erdogan to set our defence industry on the right path.

Last edited:

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Is it right to declare that you have RM4 billion to spend on 18 light combat aircraft (LCA) and then 3 bids come in close to RM 4 billion?
Should the Malaysian government have just solicited bids for 18 LCA without mentioning their budget?
For any party wishing to find the best price of anything, your budget should never be revealed to the seller?

So that is why I suspect that KAI had been told by Malaysia's Defence Minister to quote RM4 billion for 18 FA-50's with the difference from the actual cost to be pocketed by agents of the Defence Minister.

For context the same Defence Minister was involved with Malaysia's troubled ASW Frigate program:
LCS scandal: "Hishammuddin should know he’s not just a postman” (focusmalaysia.my)

I am so saddened by my nation. We just concluded our national elections last week and I see no prospect of national improvement on any front.
No clear winner as Malaysia election ends in hung parliament | News | Al Jazeera

We desperately need our own Erdogan to set us on the right path.
How do you know corruption involved.Based on all tenders,the korean has more matured aircraft even though more expensive.For hurjet,even though cheaper yet still not flying yet.
Don't talk about erdogan otherwise you will get more hate from here...lol..

cicaklaut 

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
They have a working plane tho 🤷🏻‍♂️ if the Koreans win the bid, what is the delivery date we are looking at? @cicaklaut ?
Two to Three years after placing an order I believe. Going by the Polish model, Malaysia may even receive a few units early.
Ultimate plan is to form two squadrons of FA-50s for a total of 36 aircraft.

Poland ordered 48 x FA-50 in 2022 and they will receive the first 12 in 2023 with the remaining 36 between 2025 to 2028.
The rush delivery for the first 12 will serve primarily to train Polish aircrew with operating the FA-50.
Advantage LCA Tejas? Philippines Grounds Korean FA-50 Fighters; Both Jets Are Competing For Malaysian & Egyptian Contracts (eurasiantimes.com)

cicaklaut 

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
There is a high probability that the JF17 will win the tender. The promise of local production for the 18 aircraft is hilarious. I don't think there will be a direct local production opportunity for the JF 17. The armed version of Hürjet could be ready in 2026 at best, so it doesn't stand a chance anyway. It's a good option in KAI, but the price seems a bit expensive to me.
I'm afraid the JF-17 is not in the running.
I believe Malaysia wants commonality with our neighboring air forces who have purchased the FA-50.
Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia.

cicaklaut 

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
How do you know corruption involved.Based on all tenders,the korean has more matured aircraft even though more expensive.For hurjet,even though cheaper yet still not flying yet.
Don't talk about erdogan otherwise you will get more hate from here...lol..
The key word is suspect. I myself do not know but there is sufficient grounds to be suspicious. Indeed, the MACC has started an investigation.

I don't know what "hate from here" means.

I mentioned Erdogan because I want Malaysia to emulate Turkiye's focus on developing its defence industry.
All the other political matters, I neither support nor oppose. Not my place to judge.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
The key word is suspect. I myself do not know but there is sufficient grounds to be suspicious. Indeed, the MACC has started an investigation.

I don't know what "hate from here" means.

I mentioned Erdogan because I want Malaysia to emulate Turkiye's focus on developing its defence industry.
All the other political matters, I neither support nor oppose. Not my place to judge.
The one who is complaining is a promoter from other aircraft.Based on the consultant name most likely he is promoting chinese jf 17.
We are not going to buy defense product from China.
We got a lot of problem with them in south china sea .

cicaklaut 

Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
The one who is complaining is a promoter from other aircraft.Based on the consultant name most likely he is promoting chinese jf 17.
We are not going to buy defense product from China.
We got a lot of problem with them in south china sea .
Thanx for the info on the complainant.

I worked in the foreign ministry before
so I know we won't ever buy any strategic military hardware from China.
Any Chinese combat aircraft are off-limits.

Hurjet still has a chance if Malaysia continue to fumble defence procurement.
May yet be an example of failing upwards.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
IMHO all of the aircraft above, Hurjet has the best cockpit. If Hurjet can make the first flight in March as promised it has a good chance.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
These dudes apparently visited TAI... Can't see the two Hurjet's. They seem to have taken those pics pretty long way down the assembly line.

FianmdWXEAMaysm.jpeg

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
So there is a possibility of Hürjet's being complete?
With all due respect, those two prototypes are hard to spot on the assembly line regardless lmao. You usually can't see them unless you're up there with the two aircraft.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom