Head of State: For Ukraine, the NATO Membership Action Plan is not a topic for discussion with Russia

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
1624619877808.png

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is convinced that relations between Ukraine and NATO, including the provision of a Membership Action Plan, are issues for discussion with Allies, not with Russia. He said this in an interview to VIP with Natalia Moseychuk program on 1+1 TV channel.

“I believe that the MAP is not a matter of communication between Ukraine and Russia. This is our communication with the Allies," the Head of State stressed.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy added that for many years the issue of Ukraine's progress towards NATO membership had been rather of political nature than of security one.

"In terms of some things we had it coming, I think. Because the NATO issue is still a security issue, and we have been using it for many years as a political issue," the President said.

"It seems to me that we used to press incorrectly before - not specifically, but simply to show that there is such an agenda. It seems to me that many countries have realized that Ukraine can be kept at a distance… And we need support now - we have a war, and now we need concrete action from both the Allies and the United States. These are important messages that America has received from us," the President added.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom