Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice surprise

The young master has donned lightly this time. Should take it easy for the first time.

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,922
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
@BarbarosToprak2

1.jpg

D

dBSPL

Not only cost effective, Hurkuş-C's CAS/COIN/LAS capabilities has been redefined with next-generation ammunitions and network-based (ground support, attack helis, UAVs etc.) systems. Hurkus-C has been subjected to numerous tests for about 2 years, in line with the request of the Gendarmerie Command. So there is a lot of effort and thousands hours of labor behind the photo above.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürkuş with its top speed of 574km can react rather quickly to threats and can also be considered for unmanned operations. It is the next asset up from the Akıncı UAV for speed. So how does it really compare to Akıncı for all their capabilities?

Last edited:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
this airplane could be really good export product for many countries which does not demand highly sofisticated infrastructure, trained pilots etc. for various security needs.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How feasible would it be for TAI to make this aircraft a UAV?
Hürkuş with its top speed of 574km can react rather quickly to threats and can also be considered for unmanned operations. It is the next asset up to the Akıncı UAV for speed. So how does it really compare to Akıncı for all their capabilities?
I was thinking of the same thing. No other unmanned aircraft of the same class exists on the market. It would have much less endurance compared to MQ-9 or Heron-2 but with a faster cruising speed, it may fill the role where quick response is needed.

A

adenl

How feasible would it be for TAI to make this aircraft a UAV?

I was thinking of the same thing. No other unmanned aircraft of the same class exists on the market. It would have much less endurance compared to MQ-9 or Heron-2 but with a faster cruising speed, it may fill the role where quick response is needed.
By then, an F-16 is much better suited.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
By then, an F-16 is much better suited.
I'm just brainstorming but there is a large market share for combat UAV's.

The issue is the cost of such an operation. It would not matter to a country like Turkey where the air force is well established but there are many countries without a proper air force.

A manned aircraft like Super Tucano provides a cheaper alternative to an attack aircraft but training a sizeable pilot force is expansive. An unmanned aircraft of this class might fill a gap for countries with a limited budget.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very low operational cost while being precise and effective. Perfect for anti-PKK ops.
I'm not a defense expert so I'm not afraid of asking simple questions. :)

Aren't drones cheaper and more effective to operate than aeroplanes like Hürkuş?

+

Do you expect the Turkish military to use Hürkuş instead of drones for COIN operations in an operational environment where terrorists increasingly equipping themselves with air defense systems?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,193
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Aren't drones cheaper and more effective to operate than aeroplanes like Hürkuş?

+

Do you expect the Turkish military to use Hürkuş instead of drones for COIN operations in an operational environment where terrorists increasingly equipping themselves with air defense systems?
There must be many tools in the surgeon's tool-set to address varying operating conditions.

There are aspects of various platforms that are superior to one another. Speed, payload an stealth are some of them. And you use those varying capabilities in accordance with the situations. Hürkuş has its speed and agility advantage. And if you can fly Hürkuş unmanned then you are not risking a pilots life; you can use it for its superior capabilities when will make a difference. The occasions that it will make a difference on are becoming fewer and fewer but there still are.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

+

it can carry 1.5 ton ammunition... show me a single drone in Turkish airforce which can carry it? it can be used as a drone too, which it doesnt need to fly 24 hours, it can shoot the missiles and come back... some countries still buy it, even USA bought it from brasil..

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,656
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think this will be a cost effective and perfect addition to the Somali Air Forces. Cheap and fast training periods compared to fighter jets, cost effective close air support in the desert, smart munition firing capability, takeoff and landing on short runways. Also if Afghanistan decides to increase its number of such aircraft (current inventory A-29 Super Tucano) Hurkus-C can be a capable alternative.

D

dBSPL

Hürkuş-C is the LAS / COIN aircraft that will operate at an altitude of +35k feet for +6 hours and have full integration with other UAV systems in the tactical level.

In addition to the ability to carry 12.7m machine guns or additional fuel tanks on both wings, it will be able to carry up to 1.5 tons of ammunition from different product families, all of which have precision strike capability.

A total of 7 pylons will be able to carry Cirit & Umtas/UmtasL propelled anti-armor missiles (which used in the Atak-T129) and Mam-C & Mam-L mini smart ammunitions (which used in tactical UAV systems), as well as MK-81 and MK-82 bombs together with all of NATO standard precision guidance kit types. In addition to these, Hürkuş-C will also have capability to use some other unique ammunition types, like Togan air-relased smart mortar, which they developed mostly with Hurkus-C in mind.

And of course, Hurkus-C has many countermeasure systems on board. With its high speed and maneuverability which any UCAV system not have, it can quickly dive and gain altitude back. Advanced avionic infrastructure and digital cockpit, advanced survivability and network-based operations capability will be a very important and cost-effective solution that will increase the efficiency and reaction speed of the armed forces in eliminating the danger at source, especially for COIN operations.

+

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turko

Apart from ground attack capabilities, the Hürkuş -C seems to be future UAV hunter with İts missiles. Soon every country will have UAVs so UAV killer aircrafts will be needed. Everyday you couldn't send a F16 or Mig 29 to hit a Bayraktar sized UAVs. For hunting UAVs and attack helis Hürkuş C is perfect.
They will just relieve TurAF's work load.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom