Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
He wants to debate the Prime Minister of neighboring country to resolve issues , seriously how can a PM say something like this ?

The funny part is even spokesman of Indian foreign office ignored this when asked to comment on it
Nothing wrong with it, so long as he allows teleprompters.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I only heard leaders in govt. and opposition challenges each other for TV debates . Never heard a head of state challenging the head of state other country for TV debates.

PM Imran Khan has categorically said he will not talk to India till it restores the special status of J&K and now he is challenging Indian PM for TV debate
So we either say yes or no. Why drag it on?

Couple of things - our hero would in any case not be able to debate, anyone, anywhere, any time. Their hero is doing this to distract attention from his own precarious position and from the difficulties that his country is facing. Why should we react in an undignified way to that?

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Well that didn't stop Erdogan from supporting pak's stance on Kashmir and that too at UNGA while representing Turkey at the highest level
Politicians do what politicians are supposed to do, and that was Erdogan speaking his mind about a subject. At least he is not a hypocrite. Has there been any attempt by our diplomats to explain the ground realities to him? Even more important, how can we, ourselves, fail to see the horrible condition in which our half-witted government and witless political leaders have put 7 million Indian citizens? How can we defend what we are doing there? Forget about responding to Erdogan, how do we look our own fellow citizens in the eye and tell them that what is happening is good and proper?
If we're talking at a people-to-people level, I don't think even most Indians and pakistanis have hatred for each other and this applies for most rival country populations
This is a platitude. It does not even need to be said. Not even by a Bengali that still fumes at the way his fellow Bengalis were treated by the Pakistanis fifty years ago. There is no quarrel between the people, there are lunatic fringe elements who have to be sharply brought to order.

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Required?
Yes, massa.
To begin with, I've been almost fanatically devoted to Ataturk ever since I read about him first. He is the only man in Asia who had his thinking straight, and every single step he took for post-khilafat Turkey shows that.
Strangely, for a country that has seen such hard times for neglecting his record and doing very strange things, the founding spirit of Pakistan, Jinnah, was also a firm admirer of Ataturk. It would break Jinnah's heart if he were alive today, and saw what one set of Pakistanis has done to the country that he helped them to form.
Even today, with the increase in religiosity and with a swing to the right, and the compromises on some of Ataturk's ideals, Turkey remains, and the Turks remain, people to be emulated. They have done almost everything right, and it is embarrassing that their scientific and technical advances, and their continued liberal outlook on life, allowing foreigners and strangers to behave much as they do in their own homes and countries (within reason) without imposing rules on them makes them rank among the civilised first world countries. Those who have settled in other European countries have made themselves good citizens who fit in comfortably with their adopted country, with none of the drama and the aggravations that some other nationalities and ethnicities have shown.
Their defence technology is breathtakingly advanced. It is amazing that such a relatively small country - India is enormous compared to them - should be pushing the envelope in every desirable field, but most strikingly in the areas of naval architecture, of UAV design and deployment, and of armoured vehicle development. Those are three chosen at random. That technology supports a military noted for its fearsome courage and fighting spirit for, now, centuries; in recent times, their track record in the Korean War was breathtaking, and their admirers among allied soldiers who fought in Korea still keep the admiration strong.
Individually, Turks are principled and say what they think, and do what they say. It is a world-wide disgrace that no one has stood up for and come to the aid of the Uyghur; only Turkey, and Turks, had the gumption to call a spade a spade, and expose Chinese genocide for what it is. In stark, plain terms. Now that the good and reliable friend of India, Russia, has decided to lash out against the west, for taking up the vacuum that was formed between the easternmost NATO countries and Russia herself, and has decided to make an example of Ukraine, India has found it hard to decide what to do, and what to say to the world about this extremely dangerous situation. I am not an admirer of Erdogan, but am forced to admit that he is, above all, not a hypocrite. He has clearly and bluntly come to the side of the Ukrainians, in spite of his own very mixed feelings about NATO, and about the European Union, that had made it clear to him and to every other Turk that possessing European feelings and behaving according to the highest standards of European behaviour was not enough, he has acted in a straightforward and manly way. If only our own demagogue had any principles, or the courage to uphold these principles! He does not, so we continue to wallow in a welter of words, looking like backboneless, spineless creatures in front of the world.
You raised the question of Pakistan.
The straightforward way to deal with this should be what the Turks themselves might have done. We should approach the Turkish government and tell them clearly that it is for them to be friends with whomsoever they want, but that we Indians want their friendship and that we do not look for equations with others, that friendship with a country that is sometimes very hostile towards us does not mean that they have to be our enemies, and that we are willing to enter into cordial trade, industrial and defence related cooperation with their country without pre-conditions or questioning their existing relations. We should do as they are doing, to normalise relations with every other country, and not put up artificial barriers. Their friendship with Pakistan is nothing to do with our reasons to seek their friendship.
Let me know if you have more questions.
To be honest , I share the same view about Ataturk

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Its not about leadership,never was.
As you might have noticed both leaders dont like each other that much.
We are allies,above politics.
Precisely.
There is NO reason why we cannot build better relations with Turkey, except for a bankrupted diplomacy that is run by a Sanghi ex-diplomat.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
No,thats not the way.
It should be in private conversations between the two leaders (and delegations).
These public challenges are simply immaturity. We should focus on the tangible, on the real, and not get side-tracked.

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
So we either say yes or no. Why drag it on?

Couple of things - our hero would in any case not be able to debate, anyone, anywhere, any time. Their hero is doing this to distract attention from his own precarious position and from the difficulties that his country is facing. Why should we react in an undignified way to that?
Joe , our hero not even able to handle one heroine , while other side scored three to zero ... our hero cant match their hero .

I know our hero can only ridicule our opposition , I bet he cant even stand in front of the actual western side hero

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
This is good to read.

We also need to send a team to ask the Afghan leadership bluntly if they wish us to continue and finish up the infrastructure building that we started building in that country, or if they want us to quietly vanish.

If they want us to continue, at no cost to them, will they guarantee protection for our staff and workers? How?

If we were to open our educational facilities for Afghan students, stipulating a 50% female quota, how would they react? Would they permit it or not?

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Joe , our hero not even able to handle one heroine , while other side scored three to zero ... our hero cant match their hero .

I know our hero can only ridicule our opposition , I bet he cant even stand in front of the actual western side hero
That is my point.

Im the Dim may be making a fool of himself, but if he has the illusion that he can aspire to be the biggest fool in the room, he has another think coming. We have the answer to their fool-proof solutions - a bigger fool.

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
That is my point.

Im the Dim may be making a fool of himself, but if he has the illusion that he can aspire to be the biggest fool in the room, he has another think coming. We have the answer to their fool-proof solutions - a bigger fool.
I dont want to degress , but the desperation shown by Imran Khan for recognition is next level , see his itinerary for Russian two day tour :

To your credit you hate our hero with passion lol , at your age such hate is not good for health

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I dont want to degress , but the desperation shown by Imran Khan for recognition is next level , see his itinerary for Russian two day tour :

To your credit you hate our hero with passion lol , at your age such hate is not good for health
?
Let me ask you - do you support an elected leader breaking the oath he swears to uphold the constitution, to connive at the murder of over 700 of his citizens, whom he was supposed to defend with the power of the state administration?

Do you agree with his support for the Bajrang Dal and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, and the daily trouble that they bring to innocent Muslims trying to lead their lives in peace?

Do you agree with his sacrificing solid researched policy making for photo-ops with foreign leaders?

Instead of acting supercilious, you should take the oppression of an entire section of our citizenry seriously.

SavageKing456

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
PM Imran Khan has categorically said he will not talk to India till it restores the special status of J&K and now he
And India will never restore statehood like that,dream on imran!
The guy is so desperate

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
?
Let me ask you - do you support an elected leader breaking the oath he swears to uphold the constitution, to connive at the murder of over 700 of his citizens, whom he was supposed to defend with the power of the state administration?

Do you agree with his support for the Bajrang Dal and the Vishwa Hindu Parishad, and the daily trouble that they bring to innocent Muslims trying to lead their lives in peace?

Do you agree with his sacrificing solid researched policy making for photo-ops with foreign leaders?

Instead of acting supercilious, you should take the oppression of an entire section of our citizenry seriously.
Dada , don't get angry , I personally don't support either VHP or Bajrang dal , they just make more noise . Regarding Godhara neither they are first or last religious riots in India , everyone feel agitated when whole railway coach was burned and no one supports what happened after that .Modi was not the first or last CM under whose rule riots happened , Delhi riots were the prime example when the party in power organized the killings of those who belongs to a specific religion , Muzaffanagar riots were another example when the party in power turned a simple law an order complained into a religious riots ( initiated by the oppressed section ) , I can give you n number of such examples .

Again I am saying you have all rights to hate anyone , just take car of your health . Modi will win if majority will vote for him and he will lose if majority will not vote for him

Regarding foreign policy , I am illiterate so cant comment
Near me all human lives are important and the opperesed section has some kind of expertise in showing they are the biggest victims but given an opportunity they will no think twice before following the guidelines mentioned in book to treat the Kafirs

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Dada , don't get angry , I personally don't support either VHP or Bajrang dal , they just make more noise . Regarding Godhara neither they are first or last religious riots in India , everyone feel agitated when whole railway coach was burned and no one supports what happened after that .Modi was not the first or last CM under whose rule riots happened , Delhi riots were the prime example when the party in power organized the killings of those who belongs to a specific religion , Muzaffanagar riots were another example when the party in power turned a simple law an order complained into a religious riots ( initiated by the oppressed section ) , I can give you n number of such examples .

Again I am saying you have all rights to hate anyone , just take car of your health . Modi will win if majority will vote for him and he will lose if majority will not vote for him

Regarding foreign policy , I am illiterate so cant comment
Near me all human lives are important and the opperesed section has some kind of expertise in showing they are the biggest victims but given an opportunity they will no think twice before following the guidelines mentioned in book to treat the Kafirs
What anger?

I merely posted some awkward questions, that people tend to sidestep - as, indeed, you have sidestepped in your response.

How do I display lack of emotion, of violent emotion, or of anything beyond a desire to take the argument to the ultimate logical conclusion? Emojis?

I will answer your points in detail separately.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom