India Correspondent
Reactions
10 834
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
View attachment 63572
So marcos most likely will ditch UCP for multicam.
Holy Mary mother of God...just saw this. This is what a real SF should look like and MARCOS are trend setters in the Indian SF community. All those joint exercises with SEALS definitely helped

1701718261034.png

1701718277597.png

Now all they need is replacing those Tavors with an M4 or some AR-15 platform

I really wish they standardize this over their black multicam

1701718731699.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Holy Mary mother of God...just saw this. This is what a real SF should look like and MARCOS are trend setters in the Indian SF community. All those joint exercises with SEALS definitely helped

View attachment 63584

View attachment 63585

I really wish they standardize this over their black multicam

View attachment 63586

Which ones are Indian military's tier 1 SOF units?

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 834
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Which ones are Indian military's tier 1 SOF units?
NSG - Reports to Ministry of Home Affairs and is the premier CT unit for urban ops

MARCOS - Indian Navy

SG (Special Group) & SFF (Special Frontier Force) - They both are under RAW but not much is known is public domain

Para SF - They have the most operational experience but have been diluted recently when corrupt and egoistic army brass decided to convert all Para airborne units into SF. Para SF along with RR (Rashtriya Rifles) undertake most CI ops in the Kashmir valley. They're the most used among all SOF units but are also the least or poorly equipped with no clear mandate as to what their responsibilities are

AFSOD - Still in the works. A tri-service SOF unit being modeled on the lines of JSOC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IAF Garuds - They're jokingly known as instagram SF since they're only good at posing. During Pathankot attack, NSG had to be deployed to counter the threat despite Garuds being permanently deployed on the base. They're more like glorified security guards for airbases but I hope one day they learn how MARCOS are modeling themselves after the SEALS and end up being the primary CSAR unit

Last edited:

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 834
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
what's wrong with the tavors ?
Tavors are hardly used in the Israeli forces. While most of Indian SOF units have the initial versions of Tavor which are mired with issues like accuracy over long distances, weight, jamming, bulkiness and the requirement to have an entirely new training regimen with bullpups, IWI has been able to rectify a few of these on their X-95 based on feedback from Indian units

Maula Jutt

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
NSG - Reports to Ministry of Home Affairs and is the premier CT unit for urban ops

MARCOS - Indian Navy

SG (Special Group) & SFF (Special Frontier Force) - They both are under RAW but not much is known is public domain

Para SF - They have the most operational experience but have been diluted recently when corrupt and egoistic army brass decided to convert all Para airborne units into SF. Para SF along with RR (Rashtriya Rifles) undertake most CI ops in the Kashmir valley. They're the most used among all SOF units but are also the least or poorly equipped with no clear mandate as to what their responsibilities are

AFSOD - Still in the works. A tri-service SOF unit being modeled on the lines of JSOC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IAF Garuds - They're jokingly known as instagram SF since they're only good at posing. During Pathankot attack, NSG had to be deployed to counter the threat despite Garuds being permanently deployed on the base. They're more like glorified security guards for airbases but I hope one day they learn how MARCOS are modeling themselves after the SEALS and end up being the primary CSAR unit
No tri service organization like Marines?

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 834
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
No tri service organization like Marines?
If you're referring to a regular non-SF unit like the US Marine Corps, India doesn't have one

The MARCOS were previously called Marine Commandos and they're probably the only Indian SF unit who can be deployed in multiple environments similar to the SEALS

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 834
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Army operates helos and has combat divers (SF)
I wouldn't trust Para SF with any op involving water. During the Galwan conflict, the military brass decided to deploy Marcos over Para SF in Pangong lake

Maula Jutt

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Pakistan
USMC are Navy, not tri service afaik.

or did you mean, air, naval and land ops ?

Army operates helos and has combat divers (SF)
Navy MARCOS fight on land (inland)
Like Marines - they're with navy, land troops and operate their own F-35s afaik

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I wouldn't trust Para SF with any op involving water. During the Galwan conflict, the military brass decided to deploy Marcos over Para SF in Pangong lake
I think I read a few units do specialize in combat diving, not sure which one.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 834
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
I think I read a few units do specialize in combat diving, not sure which one.
All Para SF units are trained in it to a certain extent but 12 Para are known as Frogmen and specialize in combat diving

Marlii

Committed member
Reactions
3 301
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
There are talks about them testing out iWI ace would have been better if it was the arad

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom