Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Exercise Cyclone-The Indian Army contingent comprising 25 personnel reached Egypt to take part in the 2nd edition of India- Egypt Joint Special Forces Exercise CYCLONE. The Exercise will be conducted at Anshas, Egypt from 22nd Jan to 1st Feb.The first edition of the exercise was conducted last year in India.The Indian contingent is being represented by troops from The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces) and Egyptian contingent comprising 25 personnel is being represented by Egyptian Commando Squadron and Egyptian Airborne Platoon

1705938559315.png

1705938600802.png

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
The 11th edition of Joint Special Forces Exercise KHANJAR between India & Kyrgyzstan commenced in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh. The exercise aims to strengthen interoperability between the two Armies, sharing tactical drills, training on special operations & promoting best practices

1705946064524.png

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Its been a good 2024 so far for your special operator needs zapper :p
Haha...just for the Marcos though but they haven't seen any action yet on these high seas adventures. Pirates these days seem to be snowflakes and are surrendering just with a few warning shots. I wish Marcos encounter a scenario like how the Houthis took over a cargo ship and see how our men perform since they're the only unit which transformed and modernized like a true SOF unit and actually learned from their joint exercises with the SEALs and SBS

It's been disastrous for Paras though...same old strategy, fail to learn from past mistakes, poor tactics and gear, outdated SOPs which resulted in several ambushes

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,496
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Haha...just for the Marcos though but they haven't seen any action yet on these high seas adventures. Pirates these days seem to be snowflakes and are surrendering just with a few warning shots. I wish Marcos encounter a scenario like how the Houthis took over a cargo ship and see how our men perform since they're the only unit which transformed and modernized like a true SOF unit and actually learned from their joint exercises with the SEALs and SBS

It's been disastrous for Paras though...same old strategy, fail to learn from past mistakes, poor tactics and gear, outdated SOPs which resulted in several ambushes
Where are the good old pirates when you need them... 😂 😂 😂

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 826
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Where are the good old pirates when you need them... 😂 😂 😂
I heard Marcos are desperate to see action. Houthi attacks on certain Indian flagged ships have been missile or drone attacks but none onboard for us to deploy Marcos. They're also deployed in Kashmir in smaller numbers but I don't want them to be misused like IA's Para SF where they're sent out to handle every CI/CT encounter

On the brighter side, all these anti piracy ops and attacks on ships are benefitting IN to gain experience, analyze the effectiveness of our ops away from the mainland, review and update our SOPs based on drone, BM and CM attacks and the ability to retaliate, how best we can utilize Marcos/VBSS etc. This is 4th anti piracy ops in last 5 days by Indian navy, Indian VBSS units & MARCOS have boarded well above 40 vessels for investigations since December 2023

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,496
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I heard Marcos are desperate to see action. Houthi attacks on certain Indian flagged ships have been missile or drone attacks but none onboard for us to deploy Marcos. They're also deployed in Kashmir in smaller numbers but I don't want them to be misused like IA's Para SF where they're sent out to handle every CI/CT encounter

On the brighter side, all these anti piracy ops and attacks on ships are benefitting IN to gain experience, analyze the effectiveness of our ops away from the mainland, review and update our SOPs based on drone, BM and CM attacks and the ability to retaliate, how best we can utilize Marcos/VBSS etc
I am sure every maritime vessel based SOF/VBSS team is eager to see action. Can you imagine living for months in one of those ships? Ma boys been training with MF US Navy Seals and now a deployment on a ship? Come on! 😂

On the serious side I am sure Marcos will benefit immensely from their deployment at this area. The experience, confidence and base for analysis of their VBSS operations will help them a lot in their "fine tuning". Not only them, but also the crews of these vessels will gain a lot of valuable experience in terms of dealing with these threats. They are deployed in a hot zone where ballistic missiles, anti-ship missiles and drones have been flying at other vessels every day and they must live and take decisions under real conditions and stress. They have the chance to respond to situations and plan missions under these real conditions just as they have been trained. Any real combat experience is carrying importance for the further improvement of the training of any force no matter of which branch we are talking about.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom