Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
FB_IMG_1623093190294.jpg

The Mod need to improve their management........ this is.....😐

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Recoilless rifle not AT Rifle
Well its still can be called AT Rifle tho, since its has Rifled barrell and Anti Armor capability.

But since AT rifle nomenclature is occupied with the gun such as Boys, PTRD, PRTS, etc.

And the different mechanism of the carl gustav, then it has Recoiless Rifle nomenclature.

Aniway, am not against this, am fully support this. Our infatrymen should have big boom boom capability wich cheap and reliable.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
and no mention about KFX. I hope the president does not sign this draft Presidential Regulation into an effective one

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
C-17 Globemaster arrival on riau pekanbaru , they carry troops that will participate in TNI-AU & US Air Force joint exercise Cope West 2021
1623137338509.png

JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii --
U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, Japan, and the Indonesian Air Force will participate in Cope West 2021 (CW21) at Roesmin Nurjadin Air Force Base, Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia, June 14-25.

Approximately 100 U.S. service members will participate in the field training exercise with service members from the Indonesian Air Force. The exercise will involve six F-16s from the 13th Fighter Squadron, 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, and six F-16s from the Indonesian Air Force.

“Cope West is a valuable bilateral exercise designed to advance interoperability and build on the strong partnership that exists between U.S. military forces and the Indonesian Air Force,” said Lt Col Jordan Kahn, Commander, 13th Fighter Squadron. “It also allows for the exchange of tactics, techniques, and procedures through air-to-air combat training and promotes regional stability through cooperation.”

CW21 will be the first iteration of the exercise since the COVID-19 pandemic began. In coordination with military medical personnel and public health personnel, extensive mitigation efforts will be employed to enhance the safety and well-being of U.S. and Indonesian participants.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is that can be called major?
I don't think you need a long discussion with OEM for something like that.

From what i heard it most likely Rafale, "neither side win on the contract" is the clue, we all know the all win scenario is 36 rafale and offset

18, no offset?

I don't see any problem getting 36 Rafales (or even more) with the proposed total budget of $79 bil. 30 Rafales will only set us back $4.8 bil (Egypt's deal).

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
C-17 Globemaster arrival on riau pekanbaru , they carry troops that will participate in TNI-AU & US Air Force joint exercise Cope West 2021
View attachment 22436

JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii --
U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, Japan, and the Indonesian Air Force will participate in Cope West 2021 (CW21) at Roesmin Nurjadin Air Force Base, Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia, June 14-25.

Approximately 100 U.S. service members will participate in the field training exercise with service members from the Indonesian Air Force. The exercise will involve six F-16s from the 13th Fighter Squadron, 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, and six F-16s from the Indonesian Air Force.

“Cope West is a valuable bilateral exercise designed to advance interoperability and build on the strong partnership that exists between U.S. military forces and the Indonesian Air Force,” said Lt Col Jordan Kahn, Commander, 13th Fighter Squadron. “It also allows for the exchange of tactics, techniques, and procedures through air-to-air combat training and promotes regional stability through cooperation.”

CW21 will be the first iteration of the exercise since the COVID-19 pandemic began. In coordination with military medical personnel and public health personnel, extensive mitigation efforts will be employed to enhance the safety and well-being of U.S. and Indonesian participants.
I hope MLU Falcons will participate.
But I don't think Pekanbaru F16 squadron has any MLU units so maybe no.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is it getting approval?

Well, according to Tempo it's 7 vs 2 in favor in DPR. So I guess both gov and DPR basically say yes.

Is that can be called major?
I don't think you need a long discussion with OEM for something like that.

It's a wild guess :)

Anyway, if it's indeed for the Austrian EF, it's probably Airbus offering us some upgrades before sales. After long discussion we eventually say NO as we can't wait anymore to have F5 replacement and especially considering what's been happening up north.

Again, just a guess :)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,616
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If mindef buy Rafale "ketengan", how long they'll purchase the 2nd batch?

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,177
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
why in bloody indonesian earh land, there's no body give a bloody concern about end user oppinion and what they actually want.

Instead all politican and man in power only think about
"Hey, this guy give me more money. Lets buy their stuff" or "This one looks good, i want some" spamming with multiple stuff from foreign vendors.

Wich, in case cause catastropic problem because hard effort to maintenance.

I wonder wether the MOD has already talk the airforce need of plane or Navy need of boats .

If above shopping list is true, i give a go for The army (who will reject Swedish and German supremacy tho), F 15x seems oke, and NOPE for the navy.

But well, , ,
Nothing is change as long as the stuff dint come.

Only Mindef have the right to select and buy the the equipment . While the said user were asked for their general parameter's demand and needs they weren't allowed ( in these case the Mindef doesn't give a fuck for the branch preferred brands ! ) To dictate on what brand and type to get with . The current mindef doesn't give care wether it was xiomay or samsul ....as long as they could be installed with the WA messenger . And with the double engine requirement and russia is out of the picture .....in the spirit of diversfying the defence basket and franchopile there could be only so much brand off to go around .

If mindef buy Rafale "ketengan", how long they'll purchase the 2nd batch?

It's not " ketengan " from the last i've heard , we go big and loud for once . But on how we would finance that ?? I don't have a clue ... Then again , huro percoyo yen huro ono fotone .

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,177
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If the new law passed, there will be no photos or videos or even sketches except from 'official source'. 🙄

Without a clear " turunan law " that bill would have a zero chances to pass . And i heard it get postponed again .

* take this precaution move !
Just download as much rafale F3 Pic you could get and ' soto ' it with TNI - AU roundell . You definitely could get away with it ...
Now and in the future ...

😎

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom